PDA

View Full Version : Stafford 25 Liberty 19

pantherpop
09-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Stafford kicks a field goal as time expired in regulation to knot the score at 19. Liberty goes nowhere in OT and the Spartans run it in on their second play, game over. Glad that alot of Liberty's younger players are getting so much expierence but that could translate into a long season. Barbers Hill and Huffman are no doubt the strong teams in district and it looks like Liberty will have to step it up to keep teams like Cleveland, Splendora, and Tarkington from taking their place in the playoffs. Its alot to ask for from such a young team but this will definitly give them something to build for in the next couple of years.

HillBoy
09-17-2005, 10:24 AM
sounds like it was a very good game. How far of a field goal was it?

pantherpop
09-17-2005, 10:36 AM
The game was 19-16 Liberty at halftime and it stayed that way untill Staffords last drive. They probable went about 70 yards in 3 minutes. On a fourth and 1 from the Liberty 3 they got a first down at the 1 and were going in for the win on the next play but a penalty pushed them back to the 6 and they decided to kick the field goal to send it to OT. It was a good game but we need lots of improvement to even get on the field with you guys right now. Congratulations on BH big win.

Old Cardinal
09-17-2005, 10:42 AM
To Pantherpop: I think that Liberty will get a little better all along. They should do well by next season, for sure. Yes, Barbers Hill and Huffman-H are big strong and have depth. That ought to be a good contest for the District Championship. Each could be a strong contender in the playoffs. It is amazing how little they are covered in the Polls.

pantherpop
09-17-2005, 10:50 AM
It seems that these polls have more to do with what you did the last few years instead of what your doing right now. I think Bridge City is suffering from this also. Just keep winning and the rankings will eventually come.

Old Cardinal
09-17-2005, 01:11 PM
I don't worry about Polls at this point. The poll gurus know no more than you are I are anyone else that really follows football.
The teams that I see that are capable but being shunned are: Wharton, Bellville, Canyon, Bridge City, Sinton, Barbers Hill, Huffman, Sweetwater, Cleveland and a few others...

LogieJoeBean001
09-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
It seems that these polls have more to do with what you did the last few years instead of what your doing right now. I think Bridge City is suffering from this also. Just keep winning and the rankings will eventually come.

I totally agree. Polls are meaningless. The past is no indication of what the team on the field right here and now is gonna do. All those who are suffering growing pains right now just hang tight and I'm sure you'll see you're respective team(s) pull through when it really counts.

Best of luck to all.

Old Cardinal
09-17-2005, 04:41 PM
On second thought, I would add Navasota.
Who would you add to this list?