PDA

View Full Version : A Thought bout Respect

District303aPastPlayer
09-17-2005, 02:05 AM
The thing with respect is that your team has to earn it. By begging and pleading with us for respect, you will in turn lose a lot of what you are trying to accomplish. As the season progresses... the elite will seperate themselves from the rest of the field. That is when the majority of the respect is handed out for most teams.

MARLINDOGS
09-17-2005, 06:08 AM
Amen.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

olddawggreen
09-17-2005, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
The thing with respect is that your team has to earn it. By begging and pleading with us for respect, you will in turn lose a lot of what you are trying to accomplish. As the season progresses... the elite will seperate themselves from the rest of the field. That is when the majority of the respect is handed out for most teams.

Ditto!

Ranger Mom
09-17-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

WOW Aaron......that was insightful! Good job and I agree 100%!

PhiI C
09-17-2005, 09:35 AM
I feel all teams earn respect no matter what their records are and how the games turn out. The kids from schools that don't do so well still make the effort by going to practice and keeping their grades up in the school work. Plus quite often they suffer from abuse by the community and others. Probably sometimes the kids that don't win much but still keep trying show more character than some that win.

Bandera YaYa
09-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I feel all teams earn respect no matter what their records are and how the games turn out. The kids from schools that don't do so well still make the effort by going to practice and keeping their grades up in the school work. Plus quite often they suffer from abuse by the community and others. Probably sometimes the kids that don't win much but still keep trying show more character than some that win. I'm with you on this one Phil!!!! WOOHOO!! :eek: :D

Old Cardinal
09-17-2005, 10:07 AM
To Phil: You spoke volumes in that brief message. I see teams that are doing well and have a big following take a turn for the worst and the fans not only turn on them--but quite following them at all. In some rare cases, I have heard of youth being verbally abused by disappointed ex-fans. That says to me that those type fans only want to identify themselves with a winner and not support a team in the good and bad years--which sooner or later all teams have. Stats show overwhelmingly that big enrollments tend to win a lot more games over periods of time. I think that fans can be really judged in low enrollment schools by who attends when their schools are not in the "top ten", so to speak.

bulldogbark
09-17-2005, 04:18 PM
I agree. I wish we could win every game,,, but we haven't,, I wish everytime we played we looked great,,, but we haven't. but the kids that play every game like its a championship ring at stake,, never quit...the team that go 0-9 but push themselfs to win that last game...and whether or not they do...I respect that. cause I know how hard practice can be and how much harder it is when your loosing,, but they hang in there week after week..I will always respect that:)

Old Green
09-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Those are good sincere post you guys.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Cardinal
09-17-2005, 05:26 PM
You know Bulldogbark, I respect you and Huper on these subjects. You did not leave the board when your team suffered the unexpected losses. Your attitude toward your team is to be admired.

bulldogbark
09-17-2005, 05:31 PM
I
Thank you so much,, you made my day:)

just feel that respect is what we are lacking in our society today..and maybe if we can show respect to each other as adults and to our kids out there maybe just maybe some of it will rub off.

Oh I would never leave my DOGS....or anything DOG related,,,:)