PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City all over LC-M

Old Cardinal
09-16-2005, 11:08 PM
It was 31-0 BC with 4 minutes left and LC-M then scores on mostly 3rd & 2nd string. At halftime, LC-M had 18 total offensive yards.
Cody Roberts 2nd string Tailback made a spectacular 55 yard TD in the second quarter. Cody is a Senior and one of the fastest on the team. At 5' 6" he is quite powerful. Cody is a good prospect for a State Championship in HS Powerlifting. He is also a body builder and placed 5th in the Louisiana open Championship and second in another major meet.
Cody said he will not try sports in college because he wants of be a Dentist and that is an 8 year college tenure.
BC could have beaten that Bear team 50-0(in my opinion), but Coach Tarver was very merciful and used the contest to train addition players.

exbccards76'smom
09-16-2005, 11:41 PM
still, there were alot of mistakes and penalties, also. If we give up the football next week like we did tonight, we are gonna be embrassed.

SintonFan
09-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Congrats on that impressive win Cardinals!:clap:

Old Cardinal
09-16-2005, 11:47 PM
I agree BC Mom, I seemed like there were a lot of mistakes. Both teams can do a little better, I believe. He was subbing in a few folks both ways from mid-2nd Quarter.

BCMom, it's kind of amazing when you get most all your athletes out to play football one year LOL

3ABirdMan
09-17-2005, 12:40 AM
I really expected this game to be a lot closer than it was. OC and MOM are right - If I remember correctly, 6 fumbles, lost 4, and one muffed punt snap, PLUS an (or was it 2 ?) interception(s) to LC-M's 2 lost fumles. Had we held on to the ball, 50-0 is VERY realistic. If we DON'T hold on the ball, this season will become a "coodaben" quickly!

On another note, # 52 from LC-M left the field on the back board and stretcher wearing a neck collar. While I have NO other info, it looked like they were treating it in a very serious manner.

I would like to ask all of you to remember Jason Bell in your prayers tonight.

exbccards76'smom
09-17-2005, 04:53 AM
KOGT reported that might have a concussion. I am glad to see our 2nd string guys get to play. I am just so ticked off at Channel 6 though. They called our guys by the wrong names!! I don't know who's lineup they were looking at, but it sure wasn't ours! They got Johnny Dishone, Dale Armand and Cody Roberts names all wrong!

MARLINDOGS
09-17-2005, 05:53 AM
Congratulations BC.

WOS1
09-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Way to go Cards!!! Looks like a dog fight coming in district.

X Man
09-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Bridge City did well, but Tarver was really upset during his interview on KOGT. He said other than the win, there was not a lot he could say good about the game. He sited fumbles, mistakes and attitudes as being big problems. Regardless of what he said, the Cards did something right to get the big win over LCM.

shellman54
09-17-2005, 08:28 AM
Congrats Cardinals, keep mowing them down!!!

Old Cardinal
09-17-2005, 09:00 AM
BC Mom, I agree about bad publicity. I noticed that the Beaumont Enterprise had not a word about the game! Again, BC gets no coverage while other Orange County teams get good coverage. That is why I buy the Port Arthur News.
It's kind of a shame about younger sports writers; they tend to be very underpaid and they seem to hire the hulls from the English and Journalism Departments all too many times.

I learned something last night:rolleyes: At the end of the game LC-M had a big big tall boy and he pushed the small subbing BC defender down and caught the ball for a TD. Next time, the same thing happened and he pushed the little defender down and the Bear receiver dropped the ball---so what did they do? They called pass interference on the BC kid that was pushed off upon and ended up on the ground. I sure hope that ref does not call any important games, all the children work too hard learning the rules of football to have poor decisions by the refs.

Old Cardinal
09-17-2005, 05:43 PM
I saw stats that said Dale Armand had just under 8 yards per carry and "Go Johnny Go" Dishon at QB had over 9 yards per carry. Cody Sparks had 2 receptions for a total of 44 yards. I look for them to pass a lot more to Cody and Ashton Elliott.

I was amazed at how well Israel Rodiguez played on offense and defense. He and Blackshear did some classic hard tackling last night.
With Coaches Smalley and Tarver calling the plays they sure seem to keep a good mix throughout the ball game.

3ABirdMan
09-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
..........they sure seem to keep a good mix throughout the ball game.

OC, you're right! I think we have already had more passing attempts than ALL of last season, and I LOVE IT!