PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park Wins, FINALLY!

GreenMonster
09-16-2005, 10:28 PM
The Hawks knock off 2A's #9 Childress on the road to get their first victory of the season 35 - 34. Will be back home next week to face off with 4A Wichita Falls HS for Homecoming.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-16-2005, 10:51 PM
sounds like the hawks finally showed up to play. (sorry if that sounds derogitory, its not meant to be) they played a good team and won. something to build on. take care of WF next week. show 4A whos the best.

Macarthur
09-19-2005, 09:51 AM
The Hawks finally cut out the turnovers and won one.

I talked to some folks at the game and they thought Childress was the best team IP had faced so far this year.

injuredinmelee
09-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Hope they take it to Old High this week.

Odis
09-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Easy now, Hawk fans! I'm about the biggest Hawk fan in IP town, but there sure seems to be a lot of celebrating over beating a 2A team. We need to strap it on and see where we are at versus a good team like Gainesville or WF before we start dancing the old district champ jig!

Bullaholic
09-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Congrats to IP on the win. Glad the Hawks have finally "spread their wings" and have taken off, GM. Nothing heals like a win. Best of luck this week.

Macarthur
09-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Odis
Easy now, Hawk fans! I'm about the biggest Hawk fan in IP town, but there sure seems to be a lot of celebrating over beating a 2A team. We need to strap it on and see where we are at versus a good team like Gainesville or WF before we start dancing the old district champ jig!

Odis, I'm not sure what you are getting at?

First, no one here is beating their chest like we've won district (or dancing a jig, for that matter).

Second, that was a darn good team they beat last Friday. Childress is going to go deep in the playoffs this year. IP has played four very good football teams to start this year.

Macarthur
09-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Hope they take it to Old High this week.

I hope so, too.

Odis
09-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Odis, I'm not sure what you are getting at?

I'm getting at, lets beat a team at our level or above before we do too much congratulating over beating a 2A team by 1 point.

Is that too hard to understand, kimosabe?

GreenMonster
09-20-2005, 12:33 AM
I'm getting at, lets beat a team at our level or above before we do too much congratulating over beating a 2A team by 1 point.

Childress is dang tough year in and year out. Do not discount them just because they slipped under minimum #'s needed to be a 3A ballclub. Ol' Charlie Johnston built a juggernaut out there on the edge of the Caprock and then hand picked his replacement. It is very well possible that Childress was the best team that the Hawks have seen this season. No one else has been able to move the ball and put points on the board against the Hawk defense like that ballclub managed on Friday night and we've played some pretty darn good football teams so far. Reguardless, nobody here is singing STATE CHAMPS out this team. I will stick with my guns and say that Iowa Park is a 2 or 3 round play-off football team, something I have said since before the season even started.

Macarthur
09-20-2005, 03:36 PM

Odis, I think you're the one misunderstanding. I have heard of no one beating their chest about Childress. I was told by someone at the game that Childress was probably the best team IP played so far this year. Don't get too caught up in 4a or 2a versus 3a.