PDA

View Full Version : Wylie 35 Vernon 14 Final

Adidas410s
09-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Other than Wylie's first scoring drive to start the second half, the 2nd and 3rd string guys played the second half on both sides of the ball.

injuredinmelee
09-16-2005, 10:52 PM
very good game played by Wylie tonight. But I want to give props to the Vernon runningback on a play he made tonight. IT was the best run I have seen at any level in about 3 years. He made a cut behind the line that was quickly collapsing and broke it around the other end breaking and side stepping tackles all along the sideline. He was finally drug down at the 11. I was really impressed with him.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Wylie looked very good. The Lion's defense could not stop the Wylie Offense and the Bulldog defense shut out Vernon. Our RB #20 carried 16 time this game versus 31 times last week. The reason is because Wylie had the ball all the entire game and when Vernon did have it they went 3 and out. Wylie has a great team and I wish I could be at the Sweetwater / Wylie game when they play.

Vernon must continue to improve and will be glad to see some other teams that are not state championship caliber. Give me Clyde please!

NateDawg39
09-17-2005, 09:25 PM
gotta play the best to beat the best.Wont win playin teams like Clyde.besides beating them of course

sweetwater07
09-17-2005, 11:07 PM
It makes me happy to see a 4-3A team win.....can't wait till district!! Gonna be some great games between us.....i'm personally looking forward to Sweetwater vs. Wylie....we have a score to settle from last season....
Good Job Wylie!

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
gotta play the best to beat the best.Wont win playin teams like Clyde.besides beating them of course

Vernon has had their share of the "Best" teams so far and came out 1-3.:(

Vernon will not win the state championship this year. But I think they do have a shot at winning a district title which is something they haven't done in a while. (The last two successful playoff teams were not district champs) Winning the district along with a playoff win or two would make a very good season.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-18-2005, 12:04 AM
After seeing Sweetwater and now Wylie -- District 4 is everything that it has been made out to be.

Tough place to play.

injuredinmelee
09-18-2005, 07:46 PM
I think he Mustang Bowl will be jumping that friday night. I know of several people who normally dont go to hs games that are planning to go to this one. I wish Mrs. Allens would be open for a meet and greet.