PDA

View Full Version : Cuero updates..

CHS_CG
09-16-2005, 08:32 PM
anybody got em???

CHS_CG
09-16-2005, 08:55 PM
just got off the phone with 44inarow, its half time cuero is losin 24-21, Kyle is doin pretty good, she says the O is kinda shaky. She also said they did a play and number 8 went down and right away they called for an EMS but she doesnt know whats goin on. Prayin for everything to be ok.

GO MEAN GREEN

Leopards,class of 75
09-16-2005, 09:04 PM
Who is Cuero playing tonight?

CHS_CG
09-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
Who is Cuero playing tonight?

Sealy I think.

Bandera YaYa
09-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Who is #8??

Leopards,class of 75
09-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Anyone have the latest score on this game?

CHS_CG
09-16-2005, 10:08 PM
44inarow just called, its 42-24 CUERO right now, she will call me with the final score...

GO MEAN GREEN!

j_dog
09-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
44inarow just called, its 42-24 CUERO right now, she will call me with the final score...

GO MEAN GREEN!
Now that is more like it! :)

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-16-2005, 10:34 PM
wow t, you werent playing when you said they came back!!!

CHS_CG
09-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
wow t, you werent playing when you said they came back!!!

lol cuero, never doin anything small!

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-16-2005, 10:41 PM
yea, this is true they came back to show they were more than capable of playing some very good football. even after sleeping for the first half it would seem, and waking up at halftime and runing the ball down there throats

Old Green
09-16-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
just got off the phone with 44inarow, its half time cuero is losin 24-21, Kyle is doin pretty good, she says the O is kinda shaky. She also said they did a play and number 8 went down and right away they called for an EMS but she doesnt know whats goin on. Prayin for everything to be ok.

GO MEAN GREEN Williams leg was broken .He was taken to the hospital. He was to undergo surgery.

CHS_CG
09-16-2005, 11:01 PM
FINAL 48-30 Cuero... good game guys

#8 I wish you a speedy recovery. Prayers are with ya son!

SintonFan
09-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Congrats Gobbs on your win! Nice come from behind victory.:clap:
That Sealy DQ is better than thought, huh?
:D

CheerMom
09-16-2005, 11:16 PM
Way to go, Cuero!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
Prayers are with #8.

44INAROW
09-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Please continue to pray for #8 - it must have been a bad break, judging from how fast Coach Reeve ran out there as soon as he went down and they called EMS overthere immediately. He was sitting up on the stetcher when they took him off the field and that was a welcomed sight.. I think the Sealy coach coming over ASAP and expressing sincere concern through it all was a class act! The Sealy fans and entire team were very quiet and seemed to be truely concerned and showed respect as well.

Sinton Pirate#2
09-17-2005, 01:24 AM
good win tonite cuero...yall pulled it out in the end in a hard fought and hard earned victory...i just cant wait to see the kind of game that happens next week :)....good luck to yall next week

ro_tex_solja
09-17-2005, 01:29 AM
unfortunately 44inarow i dont really look at sealy's players as being classy...people dont have to believe what im about to say but im gonna state what i heard....many gobblers that played offense told me after the game that the sealy players SAID all they were tryin to do and all they wanted to do was take out latraels hurt leg...personally i think thats pretty sorry

CHS_CG
09-17-2005, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
unfortunately 44inarow i dont really look at sealy's players as being classy...people dont have to believe what im about to say but im gonna state what i heard....many gobblers that played offense told me after the game that the sealy players SAID all they were tryin to do and all they wanted to do was take out latraels hurt leg...personally i think thats pretty sorry

well i was at the LG game and i saw some stuff they were doin. I didnt think that was very classy either

(dang LHPM we both agreed with ro_tex today whats up with us)

ro_tex_solja
09-17-2005, 01:35 AM
lol well thanks for the agreement...well the truth is im only rude when i need to be...example LOGIEJOEBEAN2001 lol

CHS_CG
09-17-2005, 01:36 AM
lol well thanks for the agreement...well the truth is im only rude when i need to be...example LOGIEJOEBEAN2001 lol

i was just tellin LHPM something was wrong, you were makin legit posts today!:p

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2005, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Please continue to pray for #8 - it must have been a bad break, judging from how fast Coach Reeve ran out there as soon as he went down and they called EMS overthere immediately. He was sitting up on the stetcher when they took him off the field and that was a welcomed sight.. I think the Sealy coach coming over ASAP and expressing sincere concern through it all was a class act! The Sealy fans and entire team were very quiet and seemed to be truely concerned and showed respect as well.

My prayers go out to him.

NateDawg39
09-17-2005, 01:39 AM
thats the way some people are and thats what is scary. We just have to overcome it all. I was told by a West player after we(Decatur) beat them that they wanted to break Danes and Christian legs so we wouldnt do as well.

District303aPastPlayer
09-17-2005, 01:57 AM
**Thread Piracy by a Pirate**

its very sad that in the big scheme of things, these kids and most times others forget THIS IS A GAME... my prayers go out to the young man. Good win Cuero! Good luck next week :)

gobblerfan02
09-17-2005, 03:23 AM

Sorry to ALWAYS be on your case ro_tex, but you shouldn't ever "need" to be rude to anyone....be the better person and just be a good cuero citizen that we know you "can" be!

NHSRattler60
09-17-2005, 03:56 AM
Good Job Cuero....

David calls 'em like he sees 'em

Good Luck #8. What is he classified as?

Old Cardinal
09-17-2005, 09:26 AM
I certainly hope and pray that the Williams boy mends properly...and down our way that the LC-M player recovers from the apparently reported concussion.
I am a little shocked, is Sealy that strong? They led for quite a long to time in the ball game. Are they going to be able to make Div. II noise?

cat dog horse
09-17-2005, 10:21 AM
we're here for you grimey

coach reeve went and saw him this morning and said he's in good spirits

he also said dewone told him if anybody goes to see him bring him a strawbery milkshake

GreenGobbla
09-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by cat dog horse
we're here for you grimey

coach reeve went and saw him this morning and said he's in good spirits

he also said dewone told him if anybody goes to see him bring him a strawbery milkshake

grimey, ima take him a milkshake

ro_tex_solja
09-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Sorry to ALWAYS be on your case ro_tex, but you shouldn't ever "need" to be rude to anyone....be the better person and just be a good cuero citizen that we know you "can" be!

dont worry i will act like one of those at halftime when i meet everyone but u know for a fact i have to be rude back to logie when she says some of the stuff she says to me...but now i figured out that im not even gonna talk to her anymore at all again unless she pm's me trash talking me like she said she was gonna do

28OptionOn2
09-17-2005, 11:53 AM

Personally, I don't believe that Sealy's players were intentionally trying to hurt someone. There were no personal fouls called on either team, and it looked like a clean ball game. I sure did hate to see #8 get hurt for Cuero. It's never a good sign when they bring the stretcher out. My prayers are with #8 for a speedy recovery.

This was a really good game between two tradition-rich football programs. To me, it didn't look like Cuero thought Sealy was going to give them much of a game, but then again, did anyone else across the state give Sealy much of a chance? Most polls had Cuero picked by 35+ points. I doubt many people thought Sealy would be leading at halftime and that Sealy would put up 30 points on the very talented Cuero defense.

You have to give the Cuero coaching staff credit for making the necessary adjustments and for getting their kids focused. You also have to give the Sealy staff a lot of credit for getting their kids ready to play. It didn't look like Sealy was the least bit intimidated by Cuero's huge offensive and defensive lines and their stable of offensive weapons. It just looked like Sealy ran out of gas in the second half. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!

ro_tex_solja
09-17-2005, 11:57 AM
yeah i give credit to sealy for makin it close....but honestly if we would throw the ball the whole game we could have blew it wide open from the start....man that cat was gone on the kickoff from sealy...he was extremely fast...and then quincey from cuero ran ours back that was awesome

44INAROW
09-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I think the Sealy coach coming over ASAP and expressing sincere concern through it all was a class act! The Sealy fans and entire team were very quiet and seemed to be truely concerned and showed respect as well.
I don't know anything about what was said before, during or after. I just meant that while #8 was down, there was respect shown :)

crabman
09-17-2005, 12:36 PM
The people in the stands around me even made a comment about how the Sealy boys stood and clapped for Dewone when they took him off the field. Very respectful.

I spoke with a newspaper guy who was on the sidelines and he said that Dewone was just in an awkward position and caught a cleat in the turf. One of those plays that happens thousands of times a night across Texas but sometimes accidents happen. Clearly no harm intended.

Cuero came out fairly flat in the game. Again. One lost fumble, one interception, one kickoff returned on us for a touchdown and we all of a sudden look like a very mediocre team. We were down 24-14 in the second quarter before we woke up. We then outscored them 34-6 and looked like our old self.

The thing that really scares me going into the Sinton game is our continued inconsistency running the ball. Cooper had 118 yards which was great to see but the runs were outside and not between the tackles where our strength should be. We still had 9 penalties. Very poor. We threw 2 short passes and the rest were bombs. What happened to the intermediate routes? Play calling is still taking way too long with too much confusion on the sidelines.

As far as bright spots. Linebacker play was much improved. J.T. Rudd (chubbed up) was simply phenomenal at defensive end. You could make a highlight reel of just that game. He was so dominant at defensive end it was unreal. At the other end, Stephon Hargrove had an excellent game. There were two separate plays where a Sealy back broke into the secondary and there was not a safety and all of a sudden the defensive end runs him down from behind! 10.9 speed in a big man is nice to have.

The overall feel of the game was a little strange. It was like we were letting the game come to us. We didn't seem to force the issue and play our game and see if Sealy could hang with us.

I was feeling pretty good about the Sinton game and Cuero's chances. After watching us the last two weeks I am downgrading my opinion. This game is now officially a "pick-'em".

If it comes down to mistakes. Sinton takes it. If all else is equal and it is a matter of athletes making plays, Cuero takes it.

Cuero has a 23 game regular season winning streak on the line. We will see how much it means to these boys.

ro_tex_solja
09-17-2005, 12:44 PM
the play dewone got hurt on looked like a screen and dewone was the outside corner so i think someone came to block him and cut him which is a clean block....your right crabman if cuero has a few turnovers this game could be a pick em kinda game...hopefully cuero will air it out all game...if they do that they have an excellent chance of winning.....

LogieJoeBean001
09-17-2005, 12:59 PM

This is SO not right!

ro_tex_solja
09-17-2005, 01:04 PM
ok u cleanly stated i was not worth your time and here u are tryin to start crap....leave me alone cuz im not gonna talk to u anymore
bye

pirate4state
09-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by crabman
We threw 2 short passes and the rest were bombs. What happened to the intermediate routes? Same thing w/ Sinton last night, early on. They seemed (having a hard time remembering) to make those adjustments somewhere in the 4th qtr. :confused: Long passes scare me unless the WR is wide open! :D LOL.

I was feeling pretty good about the Sinton game and Cuero's chances. After watching us the last two weeks I am downgrading my opinion. This game is now officially a "pick-'em".Ditto!

If it comes down to mistakes. Sinton takes it. If all else is equal and it is a matter of athletes making plays, Cuero takes it. This could become a great defensive battle!! Hopefully we'll get the turnovers under control!! There were just too many last night and we can't do that against this Cuero team!!

Friday can't get here soon enough!! :)

GO PIRATES GO!!!

ro_tex_solja
09-17-2005, 01:11 PM
like i said before i seriuosly think this game we need to not be as conservative and try to run up the middle...everyone in cuero knows our strong point this year is the deep ball...and noack throws a pretty pass...i would like to so more plays aired out this game

44INAROW
09-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Friday can't get here soon enough!! :)

[/B]

I am getting all goosebumpy just thinking about it.. :)

44INAROW
09-17-2005, 01:13 PM
GO MEAN GREEN :)

ro_tex_solja
09-17-2005, 01:16 PM
yes maam idk who he is wearing though.....i think im gonna go throwback robert strait...jk im not painting up and goin crazy till playoffs...lol

LogieJoeBean001
09-17-2005, 03:42 PM
dont worry i will act like one of those at halftime when i meet everyone but u know for a fact i have to be rude back to logie when she says some of the stuff she says to me...but now i figured out that im not even gonna talk to her anymore at all again unless she pm's me trash talking me like she said she was gonna do

I really, really, really and truly cannot believe this. To begin with, this post is in general and not to one specific person or persons. I must respond in my own defense cause I know no one else will, or really can. I just don't feel that I can sit idlely by while being slandered. I detest lies and this is a total lie. Since there is no one else to clear my name but me, I will attempt to do so. Never did I say anything about purposely trash talking anybody. I won't sink to that level and "trash talk". I wasn't raised that way, besides my personal beliefs just won't allow me to "trash talk". I don't call anyone names or get on and single anyone out by name in my post.

Again, I apologize, but just wanted to hopefully clear things up and wish all the best of luck for the rest of the season!

I apologize to the 99.9% of all you great Cuero fans. You are a credit to your town and program. I totally enjoyed my visit to Cuero for the Freshman/JV games a little over a week ago. Everyone is so polite and cordial. Hats off to the gracious folks at the concession stand. You were so friendly, it was truly heartwarming to be greeted so kindly.

Thanks again for the hospitality and I look forward to visiting Cuero again in the future.

gobblerfan02
09-17-2005, 03:44 PM
You're welcome here any time!:D

KingRob
09-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Thought I'd change things a bit and talk about the Cuero game. I have to admit, I was a bit surprised (shocked?), when I saw Cuero behind at half time. Not taking a thing away from Sealy, but Cuero has too much talent to be in these situations. Cuero's defense, one heck of line, almost seems vulnerable. I have green and white in my blood, but anyone else feel ust a little concerned?

44INAROW
09-17-2005, 06:23 PM
KingRob - have you been able to catch the games on the LoneStarFM webcast? I am just curious how it sounds etc..

GO MEAN GREEN :)

KingRob
09-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Hey 44inarow, I PM'd you. (Now that's not something you say all the time!)

44INAROW
09-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Hey 44inarow, I PM'd you. (Now that's not something you say all the time!)

back at cha :)

maroogreen
09-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Just a few more comments on the game:

Did anyone else wonder why the refs were taking so long to whistle the ball into play each time? It looked as thought they were lecturing the offense (of both teams) before each play. At times, the play action seemed very stuttered.

I thought the play looked a little rough and gritty at times and also thought the refs were clearing out the pile-ups extremely quickly to separate the two teams.

That said, Sealy's QB was protected for much of the night. Was their offensive line that good or was Cuero having problems penetrating the line?

After the game, we were standing in the gauntlet (for those of you not familiar with the Cuero stadium, the visiting team exits the stadium the same way the Cuero team does--there is only one way to the dressing rooms. This means they have to pass through a huge Cuero crowd on the home side to get to the locker room. Cuero fans are waiting to talk to players and are lining the sidewalk as both teams pass). We were saying the fairly customary "Great game, Sealy," "Good job out there, coach," etc., to Sealy players and staff as they were leaving. The Sealy boys didn't say much in response (not that I expect them to), but their coaches were very receptive, and at least four responded that Cuero has an "outstanding team this year," "your ball club is very good," "You've got a great team," etc. I thought it was very classy.

schu1213
09-17-2005, 09:55 PM
I noticed the same thing, it was almost impossible to get a delay of game penalty last night.

maroogreen
09-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Schu! How is film noire going?

scotty
09-18-2005, 08:54 AM
I’ve seen every Sealy – Cuero game that was ever played and all I can remember is how hard the two teams played.
Never have I heard coaches Mills, Finley nor Littleton say anything about dirty play or bad blood between the two teams.
And what I saw Friday night was two teams going after it hard from whistle to whistle…the same I’ve seen at all of the other meeting of the two teams.
After the game all I heard from coach Faldyn was how proud he was that his team competed so well against a talented bunch like Cuero has and wished them well.
Coach Reeve, a prince of a man, commented how hard Sealy played and how well the coaches had them prepared for a game where they were surely the team that didn’t have the most talented players. He said he expected that because they were always that well prepared.
I can’t believe the talk about cheap shots and wanting to take someone’s knees out. Sealy doesn’t have a history of that because the coaches just will not allow it. You don’t see the Sealy kids celebrate after a big tackle or a hard hit because the coaches just don’t want them to show up the opposition.
After the game as my wife and I were going to our car we visited with numerous Cuero fans who were total strangers and they were the same gracious respectful fans we’ve been used to after each of the meetings between the two schools.
I hope Cuero continues to have a great season and the Tigers continue to improve.

raider red 2000
09-18-2005, 09:11 AM
lots of people have said that the boys were flat.

was it home coming?

lots of kids come out flat dunring weeks that are different.

cat dog horse
09-18-2005, 11:23 AM
the last 2 or 3 weeks we've come out flat....dont know what the reason is

Gobbla2001
09-18-2005, 04:04 PM
What a great second half...

Cooper looked really confident running tonight, his steps were a lot longer than they have been so far this year... He looked good on the outside TD and the two up the middle... I believe the first one up the middle was ran in as a FB, the rest as TB...

It was funny seeing Sealy running the offense they did, so used to the Wing T... but they have some good talent in the backfield, a well-coached and hard hitting team, which is how Sealy is every year...

Hope Dewone gets better, someone get him his milkshake....

cat dog horse
09-18-2005, 05:13 PM
at the beginning of last week they moved coop to fullback....