PDA

View Full Version : abilene wylie's respect?

codyrsmart
09-16-2005, 06:39 PM
hi, i'm new to 3a-downlow, so correct me if i'm wrong and misled about anything. but i was reading through that past few days and it seems that the defending state champions, and a team that is 3-0 after beating aledo, is just not being talked about. i think the bulldogs are going to be serious compition in district and playoffs. i was just woundering why it is that they are not getting the respect that they have earned?

CuErO's BiG "O"
09-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Respect? Its to early in the season for anyone to be bragging. Besides, im sure they havent played anyone with real talent yet. Once we meet again down the road, then we'll find out who has the bragging rights for this year.GO MEAN GREEN. Cuero-Sealy tonight DQ team of the week. 4-0!!!!!

NateDawg39
09-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Because you dont ask for respect you earn it. Sure they have won 3 games but thats nothin. Win this week and (hope you dont win) duke it out with Decatur and then maybe youll see some stuff about Wylie.

codyrsmart
09-16-2005, 06:58 PM
nobody with talent? how about aledo? and being ranked #4 above snyder and sweetwater?

ProducerBilly
09-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by CuErO's BiG "O"
Respect? Its to early in the season for anyone to be bragging. Besides, im sure they havent played anyone with real talent yet. Once we meet again down the road, then we'll find out who has the bragging rights for this year.GO MEAN GREEN. Cuero-Sealy tonight DQ team of the week. 4-0!!!!!

Is beating Decatur this year going to earn you respect? They are down this year compared to last. Sure they are still a good team, but not as dangerous as last year.

But I definitely agree with another poster earlier that you earn the respect, you can't just ask for it.

Go Gainesville Leopards! :D

codyrsmart
09-16-2005, 07:19 PM
this all just reminds me of last year when the same stuff was happening, wylie wasn't even ranked going into the playoffs, then of course as we all remember, beat both decatur (the dangerous one) and Cuero, i'm not just asking for it, i'm just saying that there's a pattern here.

Spell it correctly, or don't post about it...lhpm

NateDawg39
09-16-2005, 07:21 PM
I dont care if they beat South Lake. No one gets respect until they win district.

NateDawg39
09-16-2005, 07:23 PM
does it matter if you get it? It wont change how you play! Just dont worry bout respect ok? If yall win state again i will say good job.

NateDawg39
09-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Oh and i think if you want respect you dont come on here and ask why there is none. I respect Wylie because they beat us last year. I played for Decatur and that was all i needed for respect. Im good friends with a few guys now that played for Yall and now go to ACU. I love arguing with them:D NO RESPECT FOR YOU UNTIL YOU GO 10-0!or 8-2 with close losses to Snyder and Sweetwater:devil:

GreenMonster
09-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by codyrsmart
hi, i'm new to 3a-downlow, so correct me if i'm wrong and misled about anything. but i was reading through that past few days and it seems that the defending state champions, and a team that is 3-0 after beating aledo, is just not being talked about. i think the bulldogs are going to be serious compition in district and playoffs. i was just woundering why it is that they are not getting the respect that they have earned?

And now, a serious response to your question: Wylie gets plenty of respect here on the Downlow. The problem is, you see, there just aren't very many posters from Wylie. This is for the most part a "HOMER" board. Everyone talks about their own team because that is what they know about. By talking up your home team you inform everyone else on here about what kind of team you have. Wylie isn't disrespected just uninformed on. Be our looking glass into the Wylie Bulldogs and paint us a picture of what kind of team they are. YOU take control of that.

Adidas410s
09-16-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
And now, a serious response to your question: Wylie gets plenty of respect here on the Downlow. The problem is, you see, there just aren't very many posters from Wylie. This is for the most part a "HOMER" board. Everyone talks about their own team because that is what they know about. By talking up your home team you inform everyone else on here about what kind of team you have. Wylie isn't disrespected just uninformed on. Be our looking glass into the Wylie Bulldogs and paint us a picture of what kind of team they are. YOU take control of that.

Well I WOULD try to do that but all we ever hear about on here is WOS, Jasper, Cuero, Sweetwater, and Snyder. I bet 60% of the posters come from one of those 5 schools! :D :D :D

injuredinmelee
09-16-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Because you dont ask for respect you earn it. Sure they have won 3 games but thats nothin. Win this week and (hope you dont win) duke it out with Decatur and then maybe youll see some stuff about Wylie.
How does beating Decatur earn respect? They have had like 3 good years in the last 15. Wylie beat a 4A school last year that has been 4A for only 3 years but has advanced at least 3 rounds deep in the playoffs every one of those 3 years. Aledo is a class program and anytime you leave their field wiht a win its a good one. I can understand oyu ahting after the Eagles dream season was brought to a crashing halt last November in Stephenville. Who has Decatur beaten this year that earns them the respect giver?

GreenMonster
09-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
How does beating Decatur earn respect? They have had like 3 good years in the last 15. Wylie beat a 4A school last year that has been 4A for only 3 years but has advanced at least 3 rounds deep in the playoffs every one of those 3 years. Aledo is a class program and anytime you leave their field wiht a win its a good one. I can understand oyu ahting after the Eagles dream season was brought to a crashing halt last November in Stephenville. Who has Decatur beaten this year that earns them the respect giver?

Burkburnett :D

Old Green
09-16-2005, 11:15 PM
this all just reminds me of last year when the same stuff was happening, wylie wasn't even ranked going into the playoffs, then of course as we all remember, beat both decatur (the dangerous one) and quero, i'm not just asking for it, i'm just saying that there's a pattern here. Abilene Wylie has a lot of respect on this board. I for one respect them.

Now spell Cuero right. C-u-e-r-o and you will gain even more.:D

gobbler grad
09-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Abilene Wylie has a lot of respect on this board. I for one respect them.

Now spell Cuero right. C-u-e-r-o and you will gain even more.:D

I'm with ya Old Green...

jmcgee
09-17-2005, 01:27 AM
nobody with talent? how about aledo? and being ranked #4 above snyder and sweetwater?
Aledos not the team this year that they have been in the past. Im not trying to take anything from wylie though.I still think they re better than snyder.

NateDawg39
09-17-2005, 01:33 AM
this is stupid

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2005, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
WOS, Jasper, Cuero, Sweetwater, and Snyder. I bet 60% of the posters come from one of those 5 schools! :D :D :D

You forgot Sinton. ;)

jmcgee
09-17-2005, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You forgot Sinton. ;)
Yep i was about to say the same thing

District303aPastPlayer
09-17-2005, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You forgot Sinton. ;)

thank you :)

SnyTigBaseB07
09-17-2005, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Aledos not the team this year that they have been in the past. Im not trying to take anything from wylie though.I still think they re better than snyder.

what the crap!! i dont think we should be able to say a team is better than another team until they play, all this is is speculation, wylie isnt a better team, snyder isnt a better team, you cant officially compare the two until you see them play.

MARLINDOGS
09-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Everyone wants respect.:thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
09-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
Everyone wants respect.:thinking: EARN IT!

vet93
09-17-2005, 08:45 AM
I think that Wylie is well respected but they don't have alot of posters to sing their praises....which may be a good thing. No use in providing bulletin board material for the other teams.

injuredinmelee
09-17-2005, 09:35 AM
I still want an answer to my question of how beating Decatur will give Wylie more respect.

wildstangs
09-17-2005, 10:12 AM
4-0, and still the state champion until someone knocks them off....Very impressive win over Aledo last week too. Wins over Aledo don't come very often...especially from 3A schools.

I respect Wylie, and I think most others do as well.

Adidas410s
09-17-2005, 10:27 AM
fine i will just say it...no school ever feels they get enough respect!!! Why are you so concerned with respect? It has NOTHING to do with whether or not you win or lose a game. It's not like when you lose in the playoffs you walk off the field happy because "the other team respects us." It just doesn't happen like that. Just get over it and go play the games. This discussion is about as meaningful as "who has more school spirit" or "who has the best fans" or "who is/isn't a 'classy' program". It's a stupid and frivolous discussion...just let it go!

Rabbit'93
09-17-2005, 11:23 AM
fine i will just say it...no school ever feels they get enough respect!!! Why are you so concerned with respect? It has NOTHING to do with whether or not you win or lose a game. It's not like when you lose in the playoffs you walk off the field happy because "the other team respects us." It just doesn't happen like that. Just get over it and go play the games. This discussion is about as meaningful as "who has more school spirit" or "who has the best fans" or "who is/isn't a 'classy' program". It's a stupid and frivolous discussion...just let it go!
well said!:clap:

vet93
09-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Adidas....I can respect the fact that you don't have respect for the fact that Wylie is not getting any respect;) :D

GreenGobbla
09-17-2005, 12:10 PM
this all just reminds me of last year when the same stuff was happening, wylie wasn't even ranked going into the playoffs, then of course as we all remember, beat both decatur (the dangerous one) and Cuero, i'm not just asking for it, i'm just saying that there's a pattern here.

how about you learn how to spell CUERO

44INAROW
09-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
how about you learn how to spell CUERO idiot

lol they always think they are being SO FUNNY by spelling Cuero as QUERO.. the least they could do, is spell it CUERVO :D :D

GreenGobbla
09-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
4-0, and still the state champion until someone knocks them off....Very impressive win over Aledo last week too. Wins over Aledo don't come very often...especially from 3A schools.

I respect Wylie, and I think most others do as well.

i think ur wrong

Adidas410s
09-17-2005, 12:43 PM
geez we might as well rename this the Cuero down low becuase they invade EVERY thread on this place. It really has gotten quite annoying...

44INAROW
09-17-2005, 01:25 PM
geez we might as well rename this the Cuero down low becuase they invade EVERY thread on this place. It really has gotten quite annoying...

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to do that, I was just replying.. I'll quit reading anything that doesn't pertain to Cuero, that way I won't be tempted to post on "non-Cuero" threads :)

injuredinmelee
09-17-2005, 01:27 PM
i think ur wrong

Why is he wrong? They are Defending state champs until two weeks before Christmas when a new champion is crowned.

Adidas410s
09-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Oops, sorry, didn't mean to do that, I was just replying.. I'll quit reading anything that doesn't pertain to Cuero, that way I won't be tempted to post on "non-Cuero" threads :)

No it's not the posting on non-Cuero threads...it's always looking for a way to include Cuero in every thread. If Cuero is even mentioned in a thread then you end up with 20 replies from various Cuero people about that and often times the intent of the thread is totally lost...

NateDawg39
09-17-2005, 01:38 PM
well whoever posted this thread is a bag of crap. it wastes good space.:D

44INAROW
09-17-2005, 01:39 PM
No it's not the posting on non-Cuero threads...it's always looking for a way to include Cuero in every thread. If Cuero is even mentioned in a thread then you end up with 20 replies from various Cuero people about that and often times the intent of the thread is totally lost...

I see what you mean and even tend to agree to a point but I find it ironic since you have a picture from the Wylie vs Cuero game in your signature.

mustang04
09-17-2005, 01:40 PM
SWEETWATER RULES!!!!!!!!!!!:D :clap: :clap:

hey i figured since this thread has about 30 subjects, i might as well do my part haha:devil:

Adidas410s
09-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I see what you mean and even tend to agree to a point but I find it ironic since you have a picture from the Wylie vs Cuero game in your signature.

and that would be because I went to Wylie and like it says REALLY BIG in the picture Wylie won state last year...and it just happens that we played Cuero. If we had played (oh I dont know) Hidalgo in the state finals it would be a picture from Wylie/Hidalgo...it has NOTHING to do with Cuero losing the game and EVERYTHING to do with Wylie winning the game!!! And yes Sweetwater does RULE...right up until they lose to Wylie like 427 to 3 this year!!! :D :D :D

mustang04
09-17-2005, 01:49 PM
and that would be because I went to Wylie and like it says REALLY BIG in the picture Wylie won state last year...and it just happens that we played Cuero. If we had played (oh I dont know) Hidalgo in the state finals it would be a picture from Wylie/Hidalgo...it has NOTHING to do with Cuero losing the game and EVERYTHING to do with Wylie winning the game!!! And yes Sweetwater does RULE...right up until they lose to Wylie like 427 to 3 this year!!! :D :D :D

haha, IF yall beat us, it will be more like 350-3, but not 427...thats kinda far-fetchin dont ya think??? haha:D

GreenGobbla
09-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Why is he wrong? They are Defending state champs until two weeks before Christmas when a new champion is crowned.

i wasnt really talking to you, so dont talk to me

mustang04
09-17-2005, 01:53 PM

and how do YOU know he wasnt talking to you???? he didnt say "Green Gobbla, why is he wrong...."

he said it to were he basically asking aloud why some poster thinks wildstangs is wrong

GreenGobbla
09-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
and how do YOU know he wasnt talking to you???? he didnt say "Green Gobbla, why is he wrong...."

he said it to were he basically asking aloud why some poster thinks wildstangs is wrong

and i wasnt talking to you....i just think he is wrong i cant have an opinion, oh ya i forgot im from cuero, so that just makes my opinion wrong, im sorry guys....im so stupid

Adidas410s
09-17-2005, 01:56 PM

Are you talking to me???

So...god vs ditka...who wins???

Ditka wins...but barely...

Ditka (wylie) 643
God (snyder) 167

God had a good day running the ball! I guess they "showed up to play" for once!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

mustang04
09-17-2005, 02:05 PM
and i wasnt talking to you....i just think he is wrong i cant have an opinion, oh ya i forgot im from cuero, so that just makes my opinion wrong, im sorry guys....im so stupid

haha, see thats where ur actin like a little kid "i wasnt talkin to you", whenever u post something on an open board and dont expect for someone else besides the intended receiver to say something back, thats stupid on ur part, and i NEVER have said anything about cuero anywhere, if u can find that post please tell me, and i accept ur apology for being stupid:D

mustang04
09-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Are you talking to me???

So...god vs ditka...who wins???

Ditka wins...but barely...

Ditka (wylie) 643
God (snyder) 167

God had a good day running the ball! I guess they "showed up to play" for once!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

and what are YOU talking about??!?!?!:thinking: :thinking:

GreenGobbla
09-17-2005, 02:07 PM
haha, see thats where ur actin like a little kid "i wasnt talkin to you", whenever u post something on an open board and dont expect for someone else besides the intended receiver to say something back, thats stupid on ur part, and i NEVER have said anything about cuero anywhere, if u can find that post please tell me, and i accept ur apology for being stupid:D

whatever you say dude, ur right, some day, i wanna be just like you

mustang04
09-17-2005, 02:08 PM
whatever you say dude, ur right, some day, i wanna be just like you

thats a good goal, but remember...the higher u aim, the harder u fall if u dont reach the goal....so u better try hard

GreenGobbla
09-17-2005, 02:12 PM
thats a good goal, but remember...the higher u aim, the harder u fall if u dont reach the goal....so u better try hard

sounds good, hopefully i wont fall

mustang04
09-17-2005, 02:17 PM
sounds good, hopefully i wont fall

i hope not

cuz ive always had respect for cuero, u can ask any other cuero poster if we've ever had beef, and they should all say no, and im sry if another poster from another town is griping about cuero posters, but please dont confuse me w/ that guy, i like Cuero:)

GreenGobbla
09-17-2005, 02:19 PM
i hope not

cuz ive always had respect for cuero, u can ask any other cuero poster if we've ever had beef, and they should all say no, and im sry if another poster from another town is griping about cuero posters, but please dont confuse me w/ that guy, i like Cuero:)

alright

Adidas410s
09-17-2005, 02:22 PM
and what are YOU talking about??!?!?!:thinking: :thinking:

well everybody was like "are you talking to me" and "i dont think i was talking to you"

the 2nd part was for another post to you in response to sweetwater beating wylie...i just put them together cuz i am lazy

mustang04
09-17-2005, 02:24 PM
well everybody was like "are you talking to me" and "i dont think i was talking to you"

the 2nd part was for another post to you in response to sweetwater beating wylie...i just put them together cuz i am lazy

haha...lazy head..its ok, its saturday so we all deserve to be a lil lazy

Adidas410s
09-17-2005, 02:25 PM
haha...lazy head..its ok, its saturday so we all deserve to be a lil lazy

Yeah I am at work for 9 hours today...

mustang04
09-17-2005, 02:33 PM
MUAHAHAHAHA YESSSSS:devil: :D

its ok..im about to go to work for a lil bit

injuredinmelee
09-17-2005, 03:55 PM

your such a pud. Sorry you lost last year int eh final and are still obviously carrying deep emotional scars. Maybe you should have made some plays yourself lil fella

injuredinmelee
09-17-2005, 03:57 PM
9 hours?? your just a part-timer. Its 4:01 and i have been at work almost 12 hours. Of course you can see how hard im actually working now.

Adidas410s
09-17-2005, 04:28 PM
9 hours?? your just a part-timer. Its 4:01 and i have been at work almost 12 hours. Of course you can see how hard im actually working now.

Yeah a part-timer who turned in 39 hrs 15 minutes this week...really part time huh? They just shaft me on benefits

mustang04
09-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah a part-timer who turned in 39 hrs 15 minutes this week...really part time huh? They just shaft me on benefits

hey.....i was climbing wind-turbines between 65-90 hours a week over the summer:D

injuredinmelee
09-17-2005, 04:48 PM
Yeah a part-timer who turned in 39 hrs 15 minutes this week...really part time huh? They just shaft me on benefits 39 hours in a week? I worked that Sunday.. lol oh wait there are only 24 hours in a day huh?? Your still in school too thought arent ya?

Adidas410s
09-17-2005, 06:04 PM
39 hours in a week? I worked that Sunday.. lol oh wait there are only 24 hours in a day huh?? Your still in school too thought arent ya?

No I graduated in May but I have been working 35-40 hrs a week for the last 2 years while in school...trust me that sucks! Just ask my GPA!