PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport-Decatur Join Forces For A Worthy Cause

blaster
09-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Bridgeport-Decatur Join Forces For A Worthy Cause

Some may know about the 11 year old child that was missing in Decatur this past week. She was found. But, the following really made 'ol Blaster feel good.

Not to bring up a bad subject....but, I was informed yesterday that the missing child incident brought together two communities for the search. I was told that many football players and students from BOTH schools joined the search. Some had just left Football practice and had their Bull Jerseys on, walking the streets of Decatur looking for this child, side by side with players with Eagle Jerseys on.

Thank you to both sides for showing everyone that both sides are class acts.

Glad I am raising my son in Wise County where EVERYBODY cares, no matter what side of Sandy they are from.

God Bless each of you!

NateDawg39
09-16-2005, 12:36 PM
That is great! Im from Decatur so that means alot to me. I hope people dont take the jersey thing the wrong way though. it wasnt for publicity or anything. Im glad the girl was ok.

Bullaholic
09-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Good folks in good towns---glad this had a happy ending.

BullFrog Dad
09-16-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm proud that LW is in 7-3A with these two fine towns/schools and I hope we remain together the next realignment. Go Bulls and Eagles!!!

Bullaholic
09-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks, BFDad, always good to hear from fellow 7-3A'ers. I think the Bullfrogs will be in "thick" of things along with us and Decatur for the District title. We too, are very proud to be in a District with very fine members like the Lake Worth Bullfrogs and the Decatur Eagles. Just goes to show---we may be fierce competitors, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends and good neighbors.

NateDawg39
09-16-2005, 04:06 PM
We are only enemies for 4 quarters. We really dont hate Bridgeport or anybody there. Remember that we are all in this together... all us Wise County people i mean.:cool: