PDA

View Full Version : Post-Game Normalities

BurnetBandRules
10-05-2003, 06:46 PM
I was just wondering how many teams have a post-game normal occurence. In Burnet (sorry, just an example to get the post started) right after the two teams shake hands across the field, we all gather in front of the Band before ANYTHING else and they the pinky sway to our Alma Matter and then everyone gathers on the field and coach shipley gives them a talk about what needs to be better, what was great, and what they are going to work on for next week. I love the connections that our football team and band have. I have never seen a football team where PLAYERS and COACHES come up to the band and ask them to play certain songs/cadences. I was just wondering what other teams do.....hasta luego

Gobbla2001
10-05-2003, 06:48 PM
Shake the hands, get on a knee on the field somewhere, get talked to by the coach and then they go and stand infront of the stands, pinky-sway to the Alma Matter... Gather up and get on a knee, pray, then do a little chant thing we have, then mingle with the fans for a few and go home...

Ray_BearKat
10-05-2003, 06:49 PM
Ah, everything seems to be in perfect harmony in Burnet.

Anyways the same thing happens in Raymondville, after the hand shakes the guys line up in front of the band and they do the pinky sway to our Alma Matter then all the guys shake each others hands and then everyone gathers on the field. After the field starts clearing the band usually goes out there and has one last performance for the night and then we all go home or out to celebrate.

<small>[ October 05, 2003, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Ray_BearKat ]</small>

CHS_CG
10-05-2003, 08:06 PM
In Caldwell they shake hands, gather in front of the band and we play our Alma Mater and then they gather on the field take a knee and listen to Coach Cobia. Burnet, we get asked to play a certain song when we kick off (superman) and we also have our Cheeleaders come up and ask us to play a song that they either perform to or have a chat too. Our players also pray after the game to and then if we win they make a BIG circle with all the players and do jumping jacks while spelling out HORNETS SWARM and then run and jump in the middle.

<small>[ October 05, 2003, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: CHS_CG ]</small>