PDA

View Full Version : Baylor at Army

sahen
09-15-2005, 10:55 PM
This game kinda worries me, its on the road in a great environment, plus Army plays well at home...they may not win often but they can stay w/ good teams when they come to their house.....Anyways i still think Baylor will win this one but not by a lot...

im thinking the final will be around:

Baylor 24
Army 21

but im hoping for things to click for baylor and it be:

Baylor 35
Army 14

or something of that nature...

by the way, if anyone wants to watch it will be on ESPN Classic at 2 pm (central time)

AggieJohn
09-15-2005, 10:56 PM
i might switch over after the a&m game

Ranger05
09-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Baylor will win this one

SnyTigBaseB07
09-15-2005, 11:35 PM
go baylor!!!

sic em bears!!!!

Old Dog
09-15-2005, 11:40 PM
I was looking a Army's roster for Pell from Burnet and counted 20 Texans. They're really gettin' our boys aren't they!!!!!!!!

District303aPastPlayer
09-15-2005, 11:40 PM
ehhh sic em bears :D

GOFOR2
09-15-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by sahen
This game kinda worries me, its on the road in a great environment, plus Army plays well at home...they may not win often but they can stay w/ good teams when they come to their house.....Anyways i still think Baylor will win this one but not by a lot...

im thinking the final will be around:

Baylor 24
Army 21

but im hoping for things to click for baylor and it be:

Baylor 35
Army 14

or something of that nature...

by the way, if anyone wants to watch it will be on ESPN Classic at 2 pm (central time)

dont you have anything better to do than to watch that worthless game?

SnyTigBaseB07
09-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2

blasphemy!!!! i suppose you like tech or ut...

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

GOFOR2
09-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
blasphemy!!!! i suppose you like tech or ut...

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

r u kidding? I would much rather watch the grass grow.

SnyTigBaseB07
09-15-2005, 11:54 PM
r u kidding? I would much rather watch the grass grow.

i take it you dont like college football at all...what the heck is wrong with you!

AggieJohn
09-16-2005, 12:08 AM
i think i'll go change my wager on texags now

GOFOR2
09-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
i take it you dont like college football at all...what the heck is wrong with you!

not college football, just not Baylor sports

sahen
09-16-2005, 02:26 AM
i go to baylor....its not worthless to me....if u really could care less about the game then whats the point in making a post on a "baylor at army" thread?

sicem74
09-16-2005, 08:50 AM
sic em go 3-0

Phil C
09-16-2005, 10:35 AM
There have been times especially in the 40s and 50s when Army has had some top ranked teams. From 1944 to 1946 they won all their games except for one tie in 1946. Army had an advantage in that the USA during the war in that they kept the same players where as most of the other teams didn't know if they would have one player for one week and he would be gone the next week and have another one in. Nevertheless Army enjoyed two national championships in 1944 and 1945 with perfect season records. They wouldn't compete in bowls at that time like Notre Dame. In 1945 Doc Blanchard won the Heisman Trophy and Glenn Davis won it in 1946. Sadly Glenn Davis passed away a few months ago. Army would have won the national championship again in 1946 but the tie with Notre Dame cost them the AP championship and the AP gave it to Notre Dame. Both teams only had the famous 0 - 0 tie with each other as their only blemish. It was strange because both teams had great offenses but no one could score. Actually what adds to the puzzle is that Army actually outplayed ND getting inside the ND 30 six times but the ND defense would hold them. Also Army beat ND in total yards and ND could only cross the 50 three times during the game but never really mounted a serious threat. The two teams should have shared the title but as former UT coach said the AP would give it to ND or a Bit Ten team with all things being equal. Of course the Army team had a scare on the last game of the season which may have also influenced the voters. Army was winning 21 to 18 but at the end of the game Navy was threatening to pull off the big upset and threatened to score but Army held them one last play and then time ran out on Navy.

A movie was made about Doc Blanchard and Glenn Davis called The Spirit of West Point (which is shown on tv once in a while) about those glory Army football years (with actually football foottage from actual games during those years) and was very good even though there was one misleading point. Army refused to play bowl games at that time but during the movie they implied that a Army was interested in playing a bowl game but the other coach refused it after he saw some Army football films. Misleading stuff that but still a good movie indeed

duckbutter
09-16-2005, 10:45 AM
GO ARMY!!!!

Phil C
09-16-2005, 10:46 AM
The movie The Spirit of West Point stars the two td twins of Army with both of them playing themselves and even though they were not acting professionals they did a good job in the movie. The movie was made in 1947 right after they both graduated and was made during the 60 days leave period that they had after graduation.

strike hard
09-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Baylor by 14+