PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Please!!!!

smustangs
09-15-2005, 09:43 PM
im coming up on a year anniversary and im not sure what would be really good to get and yall folks are usually good for advice so any ideas would be appreciated.

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Girlfriend or wife?

Bandera YaYa
09-15-2005, 10:07 PM
Just make sure your wife doesn't find out what you gave your girlfriend, or vice versa!!! :p :p :D

99IHSMustang
09-15-2005, 10:12 PM
If your significant other is a female get her lingerie. You both get something out of that. If it is a male, just get him a 12 pack.

smustangs
09-15-2005, 10:20 PM
girlfriend sry i didnt specify

MARLINDOGS
09-15-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
girlfriend sry i didnt specify If it is your girlfriend take her out to Mcdonalds.And get her the value meal.

smustangs
09-15-2005, 10:25 PM
thats funny you say that... thats were we went on valentines day because thats "our place" haha its were we had our first date and that lil outing made the school paper because i was labeled a cheap date for it haha

TheDOCTORdre
09-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Ok I'm not the best gift giver in the world but I am pretty good at setting up the evening. First of all you need to make a date with here in advanced then early on the day of your date call and cancel because you're sick, or something like that. Later in the afternoon tell her you're feeling a little bit better and that you want her to come over so y'all can still spend some time together. When she gets to you're place have all the lights out with a sign on the door that says come to the kitchen. In the kitchen you need to have a candle light dinner prepared with a CD of country love songs playing in the background and you should be standing somewhere out of sight, and as she walks into the kitchen you step out and hand her some flowers. And then the rest of the time is up to you. Thats the "doctor's order" for you.

Pmoney
09-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Ok I'm not the best gift giver in the world but I am pretty good at setting up the evening. First of all you need to make a date with here in advanced then early on the day of your date call and cancel because you're sick, or something like that. Later in the afternoon tell her you're feeling a little bit better and that you want her to come over so y'all can still spend some time together. When she gets to you're place have all the lights out with a sign on the door that says come to the kitchen. In the kitchen you need to have a candle light dinner prepared with a CD of country love songs playing in the background and you should be standing somewhere out of sight, and as she walks into the kitchen you step out and hand her some flowers. And then the rest of the time is up to you. Thats the "doctor's order" for you.
HAHA thats hilarious good thinkin doc

TheDOCTORdre
09-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
HAHA thats hilarious good thinkin doc
Just call me the "Love Doctor" :D

Ranger05
09-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Ok I'm not the best gift giver in the world but I am pretty good at setting up the evening. First of all you need to make a date with here in advanced then early on the day of your date call and cancel because you're sick, or something like that. Later in the afternoon tell her you're feeling a little bit better and that you want her to come over so y'all can still spend some time together. When she gets to you're place have all the lights out with a sign on the door that says come to the kitchen. In the kitchen you need to have a candle light dinner prepared with a CD of country love songs playing in the background and you should be standing somewhere out of sight, and as she walks into the kitchen you step out and hand her some flowers. And then the rest of the time is up to you. Thats the "doctor's order" for you. man thats pretty good

smustangs
09-15-2005, 10:52 PM
not bad dre but one problem i live in a DORM ROOM not much of a kitchen here haha

District303aPastPlayer
09-15-2005, 11:21 PM
not bad dre but one problem i live in a DORM ROOM not much of a kitchen here haha

candles and a picnic in your dorm

District303aPastPlayer
09-15-2005, 11:22 PM
oh yeah... air freshener too, to mask any foul odor :)

SintonFan
09-15-2005, 11:44 PM
im coming up on a year anniversary and im not sure what would be really good to get and yall folks are usually good for advice so any ideas would be appreciated.
If she's "the one" and you think so too . Propose... You never get a second chance at this. I proposed after 7 months and made sure we had a long(year and a half) engagement date(lol she agreed). If you are asking our advice for this relationship then you already know what to do.:)
How you do this is up to you. Understand that it's not about shock value, it IS unique; about what you folks are all about.:clap:

smustangs
09-15-2005, 11:44 PM
ya cuz these dorms get bad no matter what u do

injuredinmelee
09-15-2005, 11:48 PM

Wow your the MAN!!! Nice.

LogieJoeBean001
09-16-2005, 09:35 AM

ROFLMAO

TheDOCTORdre
09-16-2005, 10:01 AM
well as always one must know how to improvise...

and if anyone else needs help on how to set up a nice evening with the on they love just ask, and I'll throw some ideas around and see what we can come up with...(this ad brought to you by the LoveDoctor_dre foundation )

zooleander
09-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Dre.....u disgust me haha:clap:

smustangs....

where are yall gonna be for it??? in stephenville or what?

Cameronbystander
09-16-2005, 10:18 AM
I think your first mistake is worring about it. If you give her something on the first anniversary, she will expect something on all of them. Having been married 28 years, I can tell you this can get expensive. Try to negoiate a no gift policy and you will be better off financially (maybe at the expense of one other thing) but you can always play golf if you have the extra money.

TheDOCTORdre
09-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by zooleander
Dre.....u disgust me haha:clap:

dont hate the playa hate the game:D

mustang04
09-16-2005, 10:29 AM
heres what I would do bro,

dine somewhere where u can eat outside,whenever the sun is setting, then let her know how it makes u cherish every second you have been with her, then take her somewhere like the park, where theres a couple of ppl but not too many, go to the swings and stuff for a lil' bit, then get that cd with country music playing in ur truck, leave the windows down, and ask her to dance, (u might think its crazy) but trust me, if she sees that ur not afraid to dance w/ her while ppl can see, she'll like it alot more....

one thing will lead to another and before u know it yall will both be smokin cigarettes haha jk:D

BrahmaMom
09-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Hey, you guys must have some great moms (and dads) who taught you well. Romance is NEVER unappreciated and does not have to cost a lot of money. The Love Doctor has my vote, but in a dorm situation, the picnic, sunset and dancing is pretty sweet, too. After 28 years, you have to get creative, at that point jewelry is expected and deserved, suck it up, Cameronbystander.
WalMart has flower bouquets for CHEAP, guys, and it doesn't have to be a special day, either! According to the book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, anything you guys do, big or small gestures and expenses, all rate equally in female eyes. Much better to do small sweet gestures often, that think one huge diamond covers you for years. A little advice with research back up from this mom! Good luck! PS Smell good, we are suckers for good-smelling guys!

Cameronbystander
09-16-2005, 11:49 AM
OK. The best gift that my wife has liked lately is an MP3 player that I bought for her when we got a new computer. She has ripped over 500 songs from her CD's and put them on the player. She listens to it everywhere.

If your lady likes music, it is a great gift.

BullFrog Dad
09-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Give her tickets to a Cowboy game.

AP Panther Fan
09-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Give her tickets to a Cowboy game.

LOL...two tickets, and hope she takes you!:D :D :D

SPF25
09-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Ask p44 he has always done a great job from the first date, to the proposal (SPECTACULAR), to our wedding day and beyond. I have to agree with whoever said smell good and to add to that wash your car (women like a CLEAN car), Dont forget to open the door for her, and get a fresh hair cut.

smustangs
09-16-2005, 01:02 PM
i do open the door always have and i think im a clean guy haha but i want an origianl gift you know sumptin like really good and im just stumped

BullFrog Dad
09-16-2005, 01:10 PM
i do open the door always have and i think im a clean guy haha but i want an origianl gift you know sumptin like really good and im just stumped
J/K about the Cowboy tickets. On a serious note it seems like you really care for this young lady. Why don't you write her a poem? You don't have to be a Robert Burns just put your feelings into it. I bet she cries!

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2005, 01:10 PM

Write her a poem and have it framed. :)

BullFrog Dad
09-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
J/K about the Cowboy tickets. On a serious note it seems like you really care for this young lady. Why don't you write her a poem? You don't have to be a Robert Burns just put your feelings into it. I bet she cries! LH Panther Mom that was an omen! Now he has to go with the poem!

smustangs
09-16-2005, 01:54 PM
i have thought about that but im just about the worst person in the world with words im not a reggie haha

Bandera YaYa
09-16-2005, 02:01 PM
I like Reggie's idea.....and don't forget to nibble on her ears!!!!..and neck!!! *shiver* :D :kiss:

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2005, 02:13 PM
i have thought about that but im just about the worst person in the world with words im not a reggie haha

Oh, you don't need to be a Reggie, although, uhm....never mind. As long as what you say comes from your heart, she'll love it. (And for the record, a poem doesn't necessarily have to rhyme.)

mustang04
09-16-2005, 02:19 PM
haha, smustangs, i never knew u read my poems, i could write one for ya, but i recommend u write it:)

BrahmaMom
09-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Yep, ears and neck, a woman wrote that! Clean car, we go for that, too! Remember, each thing counts equally, whether it's a neck nibble or a one carat diamond, so don't go crazy spending. The poem is good, reminded me that in high school a guy wrote a song for me--not a bad idea. Dont' use all these at one time, make 'em last for months--she'll be yours!