PDA

View Full Version : WOS JV Team

Jody
09-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Does WOS have a Sophmore team? I saw something I can not confirm:

According to the WOS schedule, the BH Sophmore team will play a WOS JV team on September 29th. Any ideas when and where this will be played and who is actually playing?

WO-S 89
09-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Misprint---It should have read WO-S freshmen vs. BH varsity.
WO-S freshmen picked to win by 12

Jody
09-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by WO-S 89
Misprint---It should have read WO-S freshmen vs. BH varsity.
WO-S freshmen picked to win by 12

See, just when I thought no one in Orange had a sense of humor.....:clap: :clap:

I can admire a good shot.....thanks so much.....;)

Beaumont Central Rules.......:D

wos fan1
09-15-2005, 03:27 PM
BH will eat Crow in the playoffs! We won't this year, I hope! :rolleyes:

Jody
09-15-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
BH will eat Crow in the playoffs! We won't this year, I hope! :rolleyes:

Assuming no suprises, I think you will play Huffman again 1st round. Huffman has a better offense this year than last. Their QB is much improved, but they have lost some size. Against WOS, size should not matter and Huffman has some speed. Huffman also has MUCH MORE depth than WOS, so WOS will have to stay healthy to contain Huffman's Offense.

BH will either play H.F. or Bridge City, depending on who on both ends end up 1 thru 3 in district.

WO-S 89
09-15-2005, 03:35 PM
Sports Trivia Question for Jody only. If you answer right, you win 2 tickets to the 3AAA title game. WO-S vs ????

The question is what does Barbers Hill and Lufkin Hudson have in common.

Answer---Both have baseball programs but neither one has a football program.

wos fan1
09-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
BH will eat Crow in the playoffs! We won't this year, I hope! :rolleyes: Our Offense is much better than last year and our D once the injuries come back is better as well. As bad as our Defense was last year we still almost beat Huffman. We should beat them by 14 this year..Seriously.

Jody
09-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by WO-S 89
Sports Trivia Question for Jody only. If you answer right, you win 2 tickets to the 3AAA title game. WO-S vs ????

The question is what does Barbers Hill and Lufkin Hudson have in common.

Answer---Both have baseball programs but neither one has a football program.

Both have good Baseball Programs and Lufkin Hudson spanked us in Baseball just like WOS is going to get spanked Friday against BMT-C and again during the 1st round of the playoffs against Huffman.

Now if WOS goes to State-3A, as you suggest, I will drive you and 3 other WOS fans personally to the game, no matter where it is. I will buy you all dinner and provide an ice chest full of your choice of beer.

I'll even stop by the dollar store and pick up a few crying towels for your sad ride home.

wos fan1
09-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Huffman will NOT contain our speed on Offense this year. Our team's a little different this year than last! That's all i can say! :clap:

WO-S 89
09-15-2005, 03:59 PM
To save you some gas money Jody, I'll see if the UIL will change the site to BH field. I'm sure by week 15 you will be using the basketball gym and not the football field:) :)

wos fan1
09-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Oh yea, they'll have the Basketball needles out early!! :D

WOS92
09-15-2005, 04:12 PM
You have a deal, Jody! No crawfishing!

Supertilley
09-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Yeah. You will even have to pick me up at my house way out by the beach. i want my own ice chest full of shiner bock. And you can take me to eat at Morton's.

Astrosdawg07
09-15-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Jody
Does WOS have a Sophmore team? I saw something I can not confirm:

According to the WOS schedule, the BH Sophmore team will play a WOS JV team on September 29th. Any ideas when and where this will be played and who is actually playing?

How many teams does Bridge City have? 3 or 4?

WOS1
09-15-2005, 05:19 PM
I believe BC has 3- Frosh, JV, Varsity. The only 3A programs I know of that have 4 are the ones "fudging" the numbers to stay in 3A.:D

Jody
09-16-2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
You have a deal, Jody! No crawfishing!

OK...here is what I have for long shot riders:
WO-S 89
WOS fan 1
WOS 92
Supertilley

Let me know who I need to seperate out of this bunch so they arn't holding hands....:D Shiner Bock....my gosh man, why not just drink Mustang Urine.....:doh:

So if BH goes farther in the playoffs than WOS, what do I and RBARKER get? Be nice......:D

WOS92
09-16-2005, 08:48 AM
A hearty "Good luck!" I'm not goofy enough to throw a bunch of crow talk up here. I'm not the one who boasts that my team is going to beat yours. You sound like you claim we sound.

Jody
09-16-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
A hearty "Good luck!" I'm not goofy enough to throw a bunch of crow talk up here. I'm not the one who boasts that my team is going to beat yours. You sound like you claim we sound.

Fine then, since your not "Goofy", then I will be for us both. Offer stands regardless.

LogieJoeBean001
09-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Jody
Both have good Baseball Programs and Lufkin Hudson spanked us in Baseball just like WOS is going to get spanked Friday against BMT-C and again during the 1st round of the playoffs against Huffman.

Now if WOS goes to State-3A, as you suggest, I will drive you and 3 other WOS fans personally to the game, no matter where it is. I will buy you all dinner and provide an ice chest full of your choice of beer.

I'll even stop by the dollar store and pick up a few crying towels for your sad ride home.

True, true. Man, Jody really knows his/her? stuff! I'm originally from Lufkin, but haven't lived there in a while. It was just plain ole Hudson during my growing up years there. I sure was surprised when I saw Hudson referred to as Lufkin Hudson. Kinda threw me for a loop!

Black_Magic
09-16-2005, 11:41 AM
i can think of one :rolleyes: