PDA

View Full Version : When will Burnet go to 4A?

Burnet Dawg06
01-24-2003, 09:56 PM
When and if Burnet goes to 4A, what all will change in football?

Old Dog
01-24-2003, 11:46 PM
The possibilities are quite mind boggling. There are many 4A schools in central Texas we could be in a district with. There are 7 area teams in 17-4A. It has 4 Killeen schools (Killeen High, Ellison, Shoemaker & Harker Heights). Also Marble Falls, Lampasas, Taylor, & Pflugerville Connally. Austin has a 7 team district (26-4A)with Reagan, LBJ, Johnston, Anderson, Lanier, Travis & McCallum. Meanwhile Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Boerne, Medina Valley & Uvalde make up district 27-4A south of Burnet. And don't forget Dripping Springs, Del Valle, Bastrop, New Braunfels, Lockhart, NB Canyon & Lake Travis in district 25-4A. In years past Burnet has been in districts with teams in 3 of those 4. Best guess, the UIL will find a big coin to flip and "TRY" to balance the numbers among the districts. It doesn't matter how it goes down, somebody is gona get ripped on travel or the number of district games. Burnet could compete, but the top end of the 4A schools have 1600+ students.

<small>[ January 24, 2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

Burnet Dawg06
01-26-2003, 11:33 AM
I heard that Burnet missed 4A by like 25 people last year. Is that true? Do yall think we will go to 4A soon?

Old Dog
01-26-2003, 05:21 PM
My sources said that if the UIL had not jockeyed the top numbers of most classifications, Burnet and many other larger schools that finished well of late, would have been 4A long ago (like 2 realignments ago). I feel for the small 3A schools in that situation, but otherwise, some of the big 3A fishes would be little ones in the 4A pond. You can argue numbers until the cows come home, but there are gona be "biguns" and "littluns" no matter where the split is made. It's like I said in an earlier post, somebody's gona get ripped! You might have noticed several topics on this subject lately. Most seem to feel all classifications are in for large changes.

I think coach Shipley has taken a fairly good program and molded it into something much more dynamic. You could see the difference in the boys from the stands this year just in the manner they carry themselves. Folks who don't know squat about football could see it.

06, I don't know if you are a player or not, but remember what goes on between your ears is a huge matter in how you play. Many a supper stud has been knocked out of his cleats by some little squirt with the right attitude.

<small>[ January 26, 2003, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>