PDA

View Full Version : Video Highlights

turbostud
09-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Here are some video highlights of a kid named Mishak Rivas #12. He is currently a sophmore at Weslaco High. He is very fast and has been tearing it up on opposing defenses. There was already a college scout at last weeks game eyeballing him. Last week vs. Brownsville Porter he had a 95 yd kickoff return for a TD, a 50 yd fake punt for a TD, a 66 yd run for a TD, and had a 70 yd run for a TD called back for a penalty. There are also a couple of highlights of Albert Rojas #84 who is an outstanding junior WR. I know this is a 3a site but I thought some of yall might enjoy the highlights of 5a kid that you will be hearing alot of in the next couple of years.

freshman year (http://avpcsales.com/media/MR2.mpg)

sophmore year (http://www.wisd.us/campus/whs/sports/video/mission/foot1all.mpg)

footballgal
09-14-2005, 06:54 PM
He's got talent that's for sure and is only a sophomore.:clap:

I see that they moved him to WR, he's got excellent hands, but he's kind short for that postition, I'd put him back at tailback.

Pmoney
09-14-2005, 07:07 PM
That kid is good! im not sure how good Weslaco is but if they give him the ball 20 times a game they are a sure win

turbostud
09-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
He's got talent that's for sure and is only a sophomore.:clap:

I see that they moved him at WR, he's got excellent hands, but he kind short for that postition, I'd put him back at tailback.

No he is playing in the slot this year. He was a wide out last year.

footballgal
09-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Weslaco is 2-0 right now, with their New Head Coach Tony Villarreal, who coached the Tarpons back in the early 90's.

Hey Turbostud, I read that his father was an olympian? Do you know the scoop on that? Oh, so he was WR last year but had started as a running back? Sorry, I am missed the freshman, sophomore titles :o

turbostud
09-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Weslaco is 2-0 right now, with their New Head Coach Tony Villarreal, who coached the Tarpons back in the early 90's.

Hey Turbostud, I read that his father was an olympian? Do you know the scoop on that? Oh, so he was WR last year but had started as a running back? Sorry, I am missed the freshman, sophomore titles :o

Weslaco is 3-0 so far this year and have a decent shot at the playoffs. The last few years has been pretty bad because of the split into two high schools but Tony V has given the team a new attitude and has really changed the program for the better. As far as the olympian I have not heard about that. Mishak has a brother (Kelshall Rivas) who recenlty played for the Panthers.

Is Port Isabel playing in La Feria this year? I might go to that game if so. I was planning on catching some PI games this year but Weslaco is doing so good I cant bring myself to miss a game.

Astrosdawg07
09-14-2005, 08:40 PM
D1er no doubt.

turbostud
09-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
D1er no doubt.

He needs to get bigger. You can tell the difference in size from his fresh. and sophmore years. He really hit the weights in the offseason. He's only about 5'8 but if he can grow another inch or two and add more pounds I think he will be a D1 prospect.

footballgal
09-15-2005, 11:56 AM
I read that he's dad was an olympian for Trinidad & Tabago and his brother was a good player as well.