PDA

View Full Version : Is There a Spending Limit?

Bullaholic
09-14-2005, 03:38 PM
I've always wondered if there is an athletic equipment spending limit for teams. Experience tells me it is limited solely by the district's athletic budget. Did you ever notice the great athletic equipment that most of the tradition-rich teams seem to have? One of the best examples is 2A Celina---no holes in those boys socks---and new dreamsicle orange equipment right down to the shoes. Which teams do you think have the sharpest looking and best gear?

AP Panther Fan
09-14-2005, 03:45 PM
I don't know the answers to your questions, but the pic posted of Wharton the other day certainly looked good. I think their uniforms are by far the nicest I have seen.:)

Supertilley
09-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I've always wondered if there is an athletic equipment spending limit for teams. Experience tells me it is limited solely by the district's athletic budget. Did you ever notice the great athletic equipment that most of the tradition-rich teams seem to have? One of the best examples is 2A Celina---no holes in those boys socks---and new dreamsicle orange equipment right down to the shoes. Which teams do you think have the sharpest looking and best gear?

I know it's not the budget. I went to 1A sabine pass, one of, if not the most rich school district in texas. They are still useing f/b pads and helmets from the 80's. They use the same pants for every game. New uniforms every 6 years. I really don't know what the deal is?

NateDawg39
09-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Well, Decatur gets new unis every 2 years. But!! i know for a fact that there is a limit to how much you can spend each year. There is just alot of money in the football program in Decatur. I kinda wish we could go back to the regular blue and white. Not the retro blue and white with black pants. Im suprised Bridgeport does not have new unis this year though. I talked to a friend from there and he told me that Bridgeport is getting a new look next year. So yes there is a spending limit for each program. I wonder if money is allowed to be saved up for later seasons?

Hupernikomen
09-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Money comes from multiple sources for sports. First the school will allow a certain amount for the athletic budget. The gate at all the games are used to pay for various things like referees etc. Schools that bring a lot of people to the gate can make good money. Next the booster clubs can sell loads of hamburgers and then the fun starts in decided what to spend it on. Gets hairy when they don't like the AD. Also, you can have donors who give very large amounts and get sports complexes named after them on your campus. Like if you get lucky and have a professional athlete from your school who wants to give back, or a business man which mucho dinero that is kind hearted. Basically, what the school kicks in is peanuts compared to what the athletic department raises itself. People grip about the amount spent on football, but football is the cash cow by far...in most places.