PDA

View Full Version : Bellville

next generation
11-02-2003, 02:33 PM
Since Navasota lost, does this mean they will go D1 or is there some other scenario?

Gobbla2001
11-02-2003, 02:35 PM
Actually, I was wondering myself...

I'm pretty sure that Navasota is still in the hunt and may still make the playoffs...

I think Bellville and Sealy will be going D2 still...

Just my opinion from what I know...

zeke
11-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Bellville and Sealy have already secured playoff berths.
Navasota and Columbus are tied for 3rd place with 2-2 records. They square off this Friday, with the winner advancing. If Navasota wins they will be the Division I representative. If Columbus wins, then Bellville will be the Division I representative.

BrahmaMom
11-02-2003, 06:28 PM
Down to the wire, exciting stuff! Go Brahmas!

sinton66
11-02-2003, 07:51 PM
Can't get much closer than that. Best of luck Brahmas.

medicaldude
11-04-2003, 11:38 AM
I'm thinking the real game to watch will be the Hempstead-Stafford matchup.(seriously) There is not much more exciting than two teams with nothing to lose but the last place spot.

BIG19
11-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Go Columbus!

<small>[ November 04, 2003, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

Sittin' Fastball
11-04-2003, 01:13 PM
If Navasota loses, Bellville will be sweatin' like R Kelly at a girlscout meeting. They'll face Burnet.

RAIDER96
11-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Get real. We all know Bellville is ready for Burnet. The real question is ...Is Burnet ready for Bellville?

Bellville22
11-04-2003, 01:34 PM
Sittin' Fastball:
If Navasota loses, Bellville will be sweatin' like R Kelly at a girlscout meeting. They'll face Burnet.Haha, funny quote, and I know you were struggling to find the right time to use it. This wasn't it though, regardless of where the Bulls end up, they're going to be focused. The last thing on their mind right now is the State Semis or Finals. Playoffs are long and tough, must take it one game at a time in either division.

Sittin' Fastball
11-04-2003, 02:03 PM
Yeh Bellville22, I couldn't decide between that quote and this one:

"Sweatin' like Mike Tyson at a spelling bee."

seasick4
11-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Bellville will probably be d2. If I was a betting man I would go with that.

Go Bellville! Be district champs!! Beat the Tigers!!

JasperDog94
11-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Sittin' Fastball:
If Navasota loses, Bellville will be sweatin' like R Kelly at a girlscout meeting. They'll face Burnet.I think Jasper may have something to say about that, along with the other DI teams in Region 3.

strike hard
11-04-2003, 04:36 PM
I have been hearing alot of bellville people say that they want columbus to beat Navasota. If I was a bulls fan I would want Navasota to win so the bulls could go D2 and not have to play Burnet. If the bulls do go D1 I would worry about Jasper first. I don't see them going D1 because Navasota will more than likley beat columbus. As I see it Navasota coming into this district is a blessing to bellville by being the big school so they would not have to play teams like Burnet.

BrahmaMom
11-04-2003, 05:22 PM
I think the Bulls can and will handle Burnet if they face them this year. The Bulls go one game at a time, so they'll do what they have to do, one game at a time. If that means Jasper and Burnet, I think they can do what it takes. Go Brahmas!

Chupacabra
11-04-2003, 06:47 PM
strike hard:
I have been hearing alot of bellville people say that they want columbus to beat Navasota. If I was a bulls fan I would want Navasota to win so the bulls could go D2 and not have to play Burnet. If the bulls do go D1 I would worry about Jasper first. I don't see them going D1 because Navasota will more than likley beat columbus. As I see it Navasota coming into this district is a blessing to bellville by being the big school so they would not have to play teams like Burnet.The players on the team want to go D1. The Brahmas think they are the best team in the state and the only way they can prove that to everyone else is to play and beat the best team. Since most everyone seems to agree that Burnet is the best team in the state, Bellville would have to go D1 to have the chance of playing them and beating them.

Even if they go D2 and eventually win the D2 championship, everyone will tell them that Burnet is better, that they are at most the 2nd best team in the state. It is almost as if going D1 and eventually playing Burnet and losing a close, hard-fought game would be more satisfying than winning a D2 championship, because at least then Bellville would have the peace of mind knowing who the best team was.

Either way, D1 or D2, Bellville is not afraid to play any team, and will not look ahead in the schedule until the team they play this week is defeated.

the tigers are back
11-04-2003, 06:52 PM
I see that everyone thinks that Burnett can't be beat,but let me say this to ya.There isn't a horse that can't be rode and a man that can't be throwed.I willing to betcha that someone will upset Burnett,because i think someone heads are above the clouds.I really think that division 2 has much better teams than division 1.I think Burnett needs to be glad that they aren't in division 2. wink :D

Bull's-eye
11-04-2003, 07:11 PM
Great post Chupacabra! I had mixed feelings on them going D1 or D2, but your post has settled my decision.

strike hard
11-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Good point! I just wanted to see what some of the bulls fans thoughts were on going D1 or D2.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2003, 10:27 PM
I also think Burnet can be beat. Who knows which team is better untill they play each other. Everyone thinks Burnet is the best because that all you hear about. Sounds kinda like brain washing. Has Burnet played a tier 1 team yet? They have played weaker opponents, how many of there opponents were ranked in the top 25? Bellville has beat two so far that were in the top 12 at the time, with one to go in the top 25. Yes Burnet is very good tier 1 team, but so are some others!
I hope Bellville goes D1 to get the shot at what everyone thinks is the best!
First things first, Go 9-0 Bellville Beat Sealy!!!!

ctownqb
11-04-2003, 10:53 PM
BIG19:
Go Columbus!I feel that!!