PDA

View Full Version : Wharton after Cuero?

thebigman06
09-14-2005, 08:08 AM
Where do you think Wharton will go after their 29-28 loss to the #1 team?:evilgrin: Wharton

nexfan
09-14-2005, 02:54 PM
I know you want people to say good things about Wharton because they lost again by 1 point to Cuero. The tigers are still 0-2 and until that changes I'm not on the bandwagon. Granted El Campo and Cuero are good teams, you still need to produce some wins and then I think we'll consider Wharton as a playoff team that can win in the post season. Good Luck in the future.

raider red 2000
09-14-2005, 03:03 PM
nexfan- you speak the truth about the tiegers needing a W before being thought of as a playoff team.

good luck to botht the Tigers and the Roughnecks this weekend

schu1213
09-14-2005, 07:30 PM
The Tigers are for sure a playoff team. I not only think that they are a playoff team, but like i have said before i think that they can make some noise in the playoffs.

LogieJoeBean001
09-15-2005, 12:07 AM
The Tigers started this same way last year, losing to El Campo and Cuero and certainly made it to the playoffs. In the seven years I've been associated with Wharton, they've made the playoffs every one of those years except maybe one, maybe two. Two of those years they had to play incredibly tough Burnet Beat Cuero in one of those playoff years. The Tigers have a determination this year like I've never seen before. Those of you who aren't around them everyday can't begin to understand or know these boys. Don't underestimate them, or better yet, keep on underestimating them. They kinda like being thought of as the underdogs....MOTIVATION!

LogieJoeBean001
09-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by schu1213
The Tigers are for sure a playoff team. I not only think that they are a playoff team, but like i have said before i think that they can make some noise in the playoffs.

Let's hear it for making some NOISE in the playoffs!

ro_tex_solja
09-15-2005, 11:41 AM
i got my fingers crossed that cuero goes d1 cuz i will definitly be goin for wharton in d2....but unfortunately if cuero goes d2 these 2 teams will maybe meet up again and hopefully the results will be the same and u already knew with the history of these 2 it will be a close game

Gobbla2001
09-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
i got my fingers crossed that cuero goes d1 cuz i will definitly be goin for wharton in d2....but unfortunately if cuero goes d2 these 2 teams will maybe meet up again and hopefully the results will be the same and u already knew with the history of these 2 it will be a close game

The '03 Wharton/Cuero game in the first round of the playoffs was probably the best game I've ever seen...

RiverRat19
09-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Wharton's got players that will get the ship on the right track! 0-2 is no big deal at all. Just wait, they'll be where they want to when the regular season is done!