PDA

View Full Version : Wimberly and La Vernia Offenses

CheerMom
11-14-2003, 11:14 AM
I was wanting to know what type of offense these two teams run. We play the winner of this matchup next week and would like a heads up on what to expect.
Go Raiders!!

CheerMom
11-14-2003, 12:11 PM
ttt

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2003, 12:55 PM
I can't help with La Vernia, but Wimberley has about 1/3 of their offensive yards from passing & 2/3 from the run, averaging 318 yards per game. In case you're wondering, the defense is doing about the same - about 2/3 of the yards allowed are from the run & 1/3 from passing, allowing 316 yards per game. They've got a sophomore starting receiver, who caught 2 TD passes their last game. QB, Hootie Churchman has over 1000 yds passing & over 600 yds rushing. Hope this helps.

Football Guru 25
11-14-2003, 02:00 PM
I would try and help you there, BUT I want Wimberley to win so I can't give anyway in SPECIFIC details. I can tell you that they run a spread offense. 1 rb and 4 wrs. They have some move ups from the JV (sophomores) that are expected to get ALOT of playing time. That sophomore class is UNREAL

BHS#1
11-14-2003, 03:10 PM
I agree I think Wimberley was the only team to beat the Burnet J.V. Correct me if I am wrong.

CheerMom
11-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the info. I know you can't reveal all your secrets. Good Luck to both teams tonight. And look forward to next weekend.
Go Raiders!!!

toby070
11-15-2003, 01:46 AM
Football Guru 25:
I would try and help you there, BUT I want Wimberley to win so I can't give anyway in SPECIFIC details. I can tell you that they run a spread offense. 1 rb and 4 wrs. They have some move ups from the JV (sophomores) that are expected to get ALOT of playing time. That sophomore class is UNREALGuru, are you trying to throw the scouts off the trail??? I haven't seen Wimberley since Burk left, but thought Nelms was a wing-t guy...

Chris Hart
11-15-2003, 02:00 AM
Yeah Toby, he's trying to throw them off LOL. I guess he doesn't want cheermom to be able to put together a gameplan that slows Wimberley, lol. Wimberley sure doesn't match-up well against Rice in any form or fashion. I'd like to see the Texans prevail being a 25-3A mate and all, but they lack the offensive firepower and the run defense to stay with Rice. I guess stranger things have happened, but I see Rice winning this one fairly easy.