PDA

View Full Version : Cuero

gibby
09-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Ok, Gobbler fans jump in. How do you stand this weekend. You'r rated at the tip top. Are you guy really that good? Who would you least like to play? Who would you most like to see in the playoffs. Got any stats to share? Gooble like your proud of it!

44INAROW
09-13-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by gibby
Ok, Gobbler fans jump in. How do you stand this weekend. You'r rated at the tip top. Are you guy really that good? Who would you least like to play? Who would you most like to see in the playoffs. Got any stats to share? Gooble like your proud of it!

hhmm I'll gobble just to get it started anyway :D
1) We'll be standing on both legs after the game Friday against Sealy; (game might be closer than many think, but I think Cuero will win)
2) Yes, we're ranked at the top, but everyone needs to remember, that is NOT CUERO PEOPLE making the polls. There is always room for improvement and I know for a fact the coaches are working hard to get the players ready for the games. Polls are just polls - nothing more or less;
3) Don't wanna make any comment on the playoffs,, LOTS of football to be played before then. (The old Cart before the Horse you know) :) But obviously, I wanna see Cuero in the playoffs (I know that's not what you meant though)
4) Stick around the rest of the season, you'll be sick of listening to be Gobble
:D :D

PS Welcome to the Board!

Highschoolfan78
09-13-2005, 03:54 PM
I think Cuero stands very well this weekend at home with all the sea of green (although all the green is at the away games too )

As far as least team i'd like to see them play:
I can't really anyone because I'm sure they want to play whoever is the best. I don't think anyone should least like to play a team.

A month from now ask about the playoffs deal, but as for now the Gobblers just need to take care of business.

I don't have any stats to share, but I can say Cuero = fast. I know you don't have to be a genious to get that one, but its true! The passing game is very impressive and the rb's are very quick.

Gooble? well i'll Gobble

injuredinmelee
09-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Cuero in my opinion is the team to beat in class 3A this season big or little school division whichever they might go.

Gobbla2001
09-13-2005, 05:09 PM
They only thing Cuero lacks right now is experience on the offensive line... though there is some experience to be gained on the defense etc..., they have jumped into the position as if they've been playing their whole lives, look really really good...

I do not believe they have reached their highest point of performance yet... by the playoffs they should...

slyder
09-13-2005, 05:36 PM
i don't know about the team but i would hate to play west orange stark
they seem a little tough. are we #1? we have a lot of speed in the skill positions and i think we can compete with anyone on the 3a level
the coaches have an offense where they can throw anything at you. our defense is too fast its almost shameful. we looked a little weak however inthe middle against wharton (who has good players by the way)
it takes a lot of luck and skill to get to the top and #1 seems to be the kiss of death for cuero g2001 check that to see if we have ever started and finished #1. i know that the team is not afraid to play anyone at any level our preason is usually pretty tough we stay 3a and 4a and don't pick on 2a teams. extra should have picked sinton cuero to be the game of the week they have played well and will be tough as always
lets hope for a region 4 champ
sinton d-1
cuero d-2

gobblerfan02
09-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by slyder
i don't know about the team but i would hate to play west orange stark
they seem a little tough. are we #1? we have a lot of speed in the skill positions and i think we can compete with anyone on the 3a level
the coaches have an offense where they can throw anything at you. our defense is too fast its almost shameful. we looked a little weak however inthe middle against wharton (who has good players by the way)
it takes a lot of luck and skill to get to the top and #1 seems to be the kiss of death for cuero g2001 check that to see if we have ever started and finished #1. i know that the team is not afraid to play anyone at any level our preason is usually pretty tough we stay 3a and 4a and don't pick on 2a teams. extra should have picked sinton cuero to be the game of the week they have played well and will be tough as always
lets hope for a region 4 champ
sinton d-1
cuero d-2 That sounds good to me slyder!

Gobbla2001
09-13-2005, 09:32 PM
dunno if we've ever ran the table ranked #1...

May h ave in '74, but dunno if we started out #1... May have in '87, but dunno if we started out #1... I know we were ranked #1 at the start of the '88 season, but we didn't even make the playoffs that year, and Sealy was one of our losses in the first meeting between the two teams...

maroogreen
09-13-2005, 09:56 PM
As for your questions:

Yes, our athletes really are that good. However, they have to play with precision to remain undefeated and there have been a number of flubs that are silly mistakes. But as far as the mass quantity of athletes--I've never seen anything like it. 95 percent of them are also really good kids who are clever, polite, and fun to be around.

The one thing I have noticed the past couple of years is that the boys treat football as a business. They have a job to do and they do it. There is not much emotional hype before each game, etc. It is a different atmosphere than what you will find at many high schools on a Friday.

PROS:
Can you say fast?
Can you say really fast?
Did I mention we can throw, too?

CONS:
Inexperience on the line
Mental errors
This is a game played by hormonal teenage boys (this applies universally)

44INAROW
09-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen
As for your questions:

This is a game played by hormonal teenage boys (this applies universally)

Can I get an AMEN on that? :)

Gobbla2001
09-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Another PRO:

The defense is full of a buncha head-hunters

Another CON:

Still need to be a tad more 'mean'

maroogreen
09-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Gobbla,

I like the "You wish we were a square..." quote.

Gobbla2001
09-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Thanks, I do too... made it up all by myself.....

JK, it's in a song...

Old Green
09-14-2005, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

May h ave in '74, but dunno if we started out #1... May have in '87, but dunno if we started out #1... I know we were ranked #1 at the start of the '88 season, but we didn't even make the playoffs that year, and Sealy was one of our losses in the first meeting between the two teams... In 1987,Gobblers were Picked #1 by Dave Campbell. Went 16-0.

pirate44
09-14-2005, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

May h ave in '74, but dunno if we started out #1... May have in '87, but dunno if we started out #1... I know we were ranked #1 at the start of the '88 season, but we didn't even make the playoffs that year, and Sealy was one of our losses in the first meeting between the two teams...
sorry im ignorant of Cuero football history, but if you won state in '87 and didnt make the playoffs in '88, what happened? surely you werent an all seniors team if you were ranked #1 in '88. that really has me wondering.:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
09-14-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Can I get an AMEN on that? :)

AMEN & AMEN! :)

Old Green
09-14-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
sorry im ignorant of Cuero football history, but if you won state in '87 and didnt make the playoffs in '88, what happened? surely you werent an all seniors team if you were ranked #1 in '88. that really has me wondering.:thinking: There was a lot of dissention and discipline problems on 88 team when they were tabbed #1 that year. That was Robert Straits senior year. If I remember right it was just him and one lineman back from the #1 87 team. we lost coach Blessing because of it.

KingRob
09-14-2005, 12:15 PM
The losing season in '88 also snapped Cuero's 18 year winning season record.

Old Green
09-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
The losing season in '88 also snapped Cuero's 18 year winning season record. Yep ! I forgot about that.

gibby
09-14-2005, 06:52 PM
We saw speed last year. Ok, I know you had a super running back on the sidelines.

You still had speed positons. Want won!