PDA

View Full Version : 25-3A's 3rd spot?Wimberley/Ingram

Chris Hart
11-01-2003, 11:02 PM
After watching both teams, I see Wimberley as a far more talented team and with better coaching. Ingram may keep it close the first half, but then Wimberley's talent takes over. Texans 27-13, setting up a rematch with LaVernia. The Texans beat LaVernia 28-27 earlier this season.

20dawgz05
11-01-2003, 11:10 PM
i will have to agree with u on that....wimberly does seem to have the better team.....and most of the ppl are nice so i just want them to go! haha

The Guru
11-01-2003, 11:48 PM
You can't judge the two teams by how they played Burnet. Burnet makes every team look bad. Let's look at how they faired agianst the other teams of the district, since they are normal teams, and not the best in the state.

Ingram 36........Bandera 7
Wimberley 20....Bandera 14

Ingram 25........Llano 20
Wimberley 26....Llano 24

L.H. 24.........Ingram 10
L.H. 46.........Wimberley 19

Hmmmm. Looks like we could have a pretty good game on Friday. And before you talk about coaching, I think you might want to take a look at the defensive gameplan Wimberley used against LH. There's a reason they gave up twice as many points to LH as the other district teams.

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: The Guru ]</small>

Old Dog
11-02-2003, 12:52 AM
Sorry, I think Wimberley will take Ingram to the woodshed. The Texans are molding a good team this year and possibly a great one in 2004.

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

PAINTBALL
11-02-2003, 08:03 AM
Ingram's offense appeared to me to be better then Wimberley's. Ingram clearly held Liberty Hill to less points. Wimberley was better disciplined and didn't receive all those personal fouls. Close call, but I just feel that Ingram will pull this one out.

BHS#1
11-02-2003, 09:40 AM
I think all previous game are out the window when you are fighting for a playoff spot. Look at Llano and the Liberty Hill game.

Football Guru 25
11-02-2003, 11:22 AM
If Wimberley wins this game, it will NOT be because of GOOD coaching. Wimberley wins this game because Hootie Churchman takes it upon his self.

Football Guru 25
11-02-2003, 11:26 AM
And as far as a GREAT team next year. I don't see that. The Jr class is suspect. The team to watch out for will be the 2005 team. Once the sophomores are senoirs and freshmen are juniors. That will be a team to watch. JV team is undefeated. Sophomore players to watch are Buck Burnette (OL), John Weldon (QB), Tommie Bennett (RB/FS), Riley Churchman (RB/WR/DB & Hootie's youngest brother), Kenny Kimbro (DE/FB), . . . well, I could go on and on, but there is a reason they have only lost 2 games since 7th grade.

The Guru
11-02-2003, 11:59 AM
Why would the LH and Llano game have anything to do with playing for a playoff spot? Llano was knocked out of contention in week 8 by Ingram. They weren't fighting for anything against LH but pride. However, when Wimberley played LH, everyone was saying it was for second in district. If that's all the fight Wimberley had for second, what will they have for third?

For you Burnet folk that are wanting to judge the two teams based on how they played you. Ask yourself these questions: Did Ingram have a chance to beat Burnet? Did it matter if the score was 35-0 or 61-0? Is it the Wimberley game Ingram must win to make the playoffs? Would you spend an entire week gameplanning for a game you couldn't win?

I'm just curious as to why some of you think Wimberley will take Ingram to the Woodshed. They haven't taken any district teams to the woodshed.

Buck
11-02-2003, 12:25 PM
Guru is correct... Wimberley has not taken anybody behind the woodshed this year. What they have done is survived. From what I understand they are playing without two or three main starters including a 6'5 230 pound guard that was the key to their offense and also a key defensive end. That being said, I think it says alot about their team and coaches to still be alive with all that they have been through...especially as tough as district 25-3A is!

It will be a close game in Wimberley this week for that third playoff spot!

Football Guru 25...you need to quit listening to your mommy and daddy about how to coach football. It's obvious who you are. Just because you're not as good as your parents say that you are... it doesn't mean that this team is not well coached....Because they are!

toby070
11-02-2003, 03:45 PM
Football Guru 25:
And as far as a GREAT team next year. I don't see that. The Jr class is suspect. The team to watch out for will be the 2005 team. Once the sophomores are senoirs and freshmen are juniors. That will be a team to watch. JV team is undefeated. Sophomore players to watch are Buck Burnette (OL), John Weldon (QB), Tommie Bennett (RB/FS), Riley Churchman (RB/WR/DB & Hootie's youngest brother), Kenny Kimbro (DE/FB), . . . well, I could go on and on, but there is a reason they have only lost 2 games since 7th grade.FG 25: Is this bunch capable of being as solid as the Polanco twins/Slaughter/Meeks/Bertelson group that had the nice two year run?

Football Guru 25
11-02-2003, 03:55 PM
First off, you have no clue who I am. So please, don't try to call me out. I know the ins and outs of the Wimberley program. I have seen many games and I know the coaches. I know the athletes and everything. The QB is the main weapon for this Wimberley team so why not utilize his ability? Don't get me wrong, the running game for Wimberley works. But against Liberty Hill, why run the ball against the best 3A centex run defense? Why not pass the ball against a team that can't defend the pass? Why finish the 1st half on 7 straight passes completed in a row for a score and come out in the second half and run the ball? Why run the ball on 1st and 2nd down and then pass when it is 3rd and 10+?

Even though Nelms was there in the early 90's and brought Wimberley deep into the playoffs, doesn't mean he is Wimberley's savior once again. He just doesn't understand how to use the talent he has.

Football Guru 25
11-02-2003, 04:00 PM
toby070:
Is this bunch capable of being as solid as the Polanco twins/Slaughter/Meeks/Bertelson group that had the nice two year run?I think they have the ability to be that good. But the offense won't be centered JUST around the QB and FB. They will have other weapons to use. They might not have 2 athletes as good as Meeks and Slaughter, but since they have MORE weapons to use, that is why they will be good.