PDA

View Full Version : Old Card WOS needs your help

BIGREDFAN2
09-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Do you have any old sheet music in your files that you may be kind enough to send to WOS?

From KOGT.com Airplay article:

Before the game a mechanical malfunction caused great embarrassment for new WOS band director Brian Egan.

While standing in silence waiting for the National Anthem to begin, the Public Address Announcer announced that due to a malfunction in their tape they didn’t have the anthem and would the WOS band please play it for them.

The band didn’t know the national anthem.

The PA Announcer then said, “OK, would the Bay City band play the National Anthem,” and they began playing to the ovation of the visiting crowd.

To Egan’s defense, the Mustangs haven’t played a home game yet and probably haven’t practiced it. But with Central coming to West Orange Friday night, I expect you’ll hear it loud and proud.

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 10:21 AM
I was wondering what happened. I thought that the Band director wasn't there and thats why they didn't play.

Old Cardinal
09-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Boy I would not touch that one with a ten foot pole!
I would have thought that someone would have led off and all could have sung our National Anthem without a musical accompanyment under those conditions...

Bullaholic
09-13-2005, 10:37 AM
At least he doesn't have to direct this band:

http://www.stanford.edu/group/lsjumb/home.html

(BTW--no disrepect or parallel intended to WO-S band--that could happen to anybody. Stanford's band is just so nortoriously "maverick" that they are not shown on TV during a lot of halftimes.)

exbccards76'smom
09-13-2005, 10:42 AM
The Cardinal singers sing the National anthem at our home games.

WOS92
09-13-2005, 10:53 AM
The National Anthem is sung a capella by a different choir student each week at WO-S home games. The band does not play. Therefore, they didn't have the music and had not practiced it. It's beautiful at our home games.