PDA

View Full Version : Traffic jam in BC and WOS

setex
09-13-2005, 09:00 AM
1st off Old Card, I live in Orange, but have a son that attends BC, have been a Mustang supporter ever since they combined schools. Have coached Dishon and Coleman in baseball in BC.

Your post about Coleman being the fastest Cardinal is bogus, as i know Dishon is faster. I don't know where you get your info from. So you getting on here ranting and raving about anything to do with WO-S is bogus as well, because you don't even know the facts about your team of choice. So everything you say about any other team should not be trusted.
BC does have a good football team this year and hopefully they will do well as i hope the Mustangs will too and both teams can represent Orange County well in the playoffs. You just spit to much for venom.

Again assess your facts before spouting off, because all you do is embarass yourself.

Last edited by MIKE_MUSTANG on 09-12-2005 at 10:36 PM

Mike_Mustang,

I asked my neighbor, who is a Coach at BC, who is the fastest kid on the team?

He replied: "Coleman"

I think you should have more respect for OC.

Last edited by BIGREDFAN2 on 09-12-2005 at 11:14 PM

As I traveled through BC to WOS this morning which is separated by a mere 5 miles I came upon a significant traffic jam. I squeezed by some cars and passed on the shoulder, and there was a scene out of a James Dean movie, not a drag race but a foot race.

At the starting blocks wasn’t a 57 Chevy but Coleman and Dishon from BC. As I gazed down the finish line was 2 gentleman Mike the Mustang and OLD CARD with timers in hand.

After a 2 false starts, which OLD CARD and Mike Mustang could not agree, they called in the Judge and Jury, GS#17. He sited a similar case in West Texas in 1992 which over ruled Old Card and let the race continue.

I will let the paper tell you who won. But Old Card was not happy, as I heard him as he walked off that in his day we ran 100 yards not 100 meters and I would have be right.

44INAROW
09-13-2005, 09:08 AM
I certainly have no dog in this fight, but did enjoy reading this :)

BCsportfan
09-13-2005, 09:44 AM
40 yard dash
78 players tested

#1 Coleman Derrick time 4.55
#2 Dishon Johnny 4.59
#3 Armand Dale 4.61
#4 Roberts Cody 4.64
#5 Degeyter Taylor 4.65
#6 Sparks Cody 4.68 .......

Pigskin 2004
09-13-2005, 09:56 AM
does #78 run like a 8.9 40

BCsportfan
09-13-2005, 09:58 AM
i don't show a 78 on the roster...who are you looking for ?

Pigskin 2004
09-13-2005, 10:00 AM
no, # 78 out of the 78 players tested in the 40. I was kidding, sorry.;)

BCsportfan
09-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Sorry, I thought you meant #78, I stopped listing where I did out of respect to the players.

Old Cardinal
09-13-2005, 10:54 AM
That is interesting. Sometimes players can be"football fast" and can carry their equipment a little better than others. Fully decked out big athletes can sometimes gain speed proportionally.
In defense of the Mr. Mustang, it could be that when he coached these players at an earlier age, their times against one another was a little different.
When you have folks in those ranges of speed even on different days they can vary, mainly on their-- leaving the blocks.
I think Armand is exceptional in that he can cut and have good balance at a high rate of speed. According to one paper that I read, he had 192 yards on only 19 carries against Kirbyville. Dale always gets better as the game goes on no telling what he would have gained if he had carried, say 38 times! Last year, I felt kind of sorry for the great back from H-J he carried so many times and BC was stuffing him on a lot of those carries.

WOS1
09-13-2005, 11:24 AM
I don't know how this went from BH/WO-S people going at it to BC/WO-S people going at it (well, yes I do, we have the Old Fart tangent), but we all must realize that we ALL probably have relatives and friends in both towns. Many of the kids from BC being mentioned here have WO-S roots. The Coleman kids dad played with me on that infamous 1983 WO-S team, he was one heck of an athlete himself (leading receiver in 22-5A that year). I am friends with Dishon's uncle and Cody Sparks mom is a WO-S graduate. Long story short, we don't need to let our disdain for Old Fart cloud our judgement and respect for the BC kids and program. Old Fart is Old Fart. We have all been around long enough to know he hates WO-S, but most people from BC do not and I know most of us WO-S posters wish nothing but the best for BC. I want BC to win every game, every year except for one. I pray they do have what it takes to make a run at the DII title almost as much as I want us to win the DI title. That would be nothing short of awesome if we could accomplish that feat. Bottom line is that I'm proud of what BC has done so far this year and I also know that they do have a tremendous amount of talent and are A LOT faster than they normally are. I think, and hope, they will make some noise in the playoffs this year and I assure you that all those in the know at WO-S have their eye on this team and our district match up in October. We expect nothing short of a dog fight and I hope that both can come into the game healthy and undefeated, but mainly healthy.

Best of luck to BC, you deserve it. Old Cuss, you really get on my nerves...:rolleyes:

setex, hilarious... thanks for the laugh!:D

bccards
09-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Great post WOS1 :)

Jody
09-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
I don't know how this went from BH/WO-S people going at it to BC/WO-S people going at it (well, yes I do, we have the Old Fart tangent), but we all must realize that we ALL probably have relatives and friends in both towns. Many of the kids from BC being mentioned here have WO-S roots. The Coleman kids dad played with me on that infamous 1983 WO-S team, he was one heck of an athlete himself (leading receiver in 22-5A that year). I am friends with Dishon's uncle and Cody Sparks mom is a WO-S graduate. Long story short, we don't need to let our disdain for Old Fart cloud our judgement and respect for the BC kids and program. Old Fart is Old Fart. We have all been around long enough to know he hates WO-S, but most people from BC do not and I know most of us WO-S posters wish nothing but the best for BC. I want BC to win every game, every year except for one. I pray they do have what it takes to make a run at the DII title almost as much as I want us to win the DI title. That would be nothing short of awesome if we could accomplish that feat. Bottom line is that I'm proud of what BC has done so far this year and I also know that they do have a tremendous amount of talent and are A LOT faster than they normally are. I think, and hope, they will make some noise in the playoffs this year and I assure you that all those in the know at WO-S have their eye on this team and our district match up in October. We expect nothing short of a dog fight and I hope that both can come into the game healthy and undefeated, but mainly healthy.

Best of luck to BC, you deserve it. Old Cuss, you really get on my nerves...:rolleyes:

BH and WOS don't "go at it." I personally love WOS and hope they win state.

wos fan1
09-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Yea right!

exbccards76'smom
09-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by WOS1

Thanks WOS1, Cody Sparks mom and I are good friends, and my husband works with Derrick's dad. I have watched this kids play since they were small. Old Card doesn't speak for all of us.

District303aPastPlayer
09-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by exbccards76'smom
Old Card doesn't speak for all of us.

we figured... he really doesnt speak for many or speak much sense.

BigTex
09-13-2005, 04:34 PM
WOS1 - excellent and accurate post. (except the afformentioned Mrs. Sparks graduated at WO and not WOS!) I have no idea why Old Card loves to aggravate everyone including us BC fans! If his posts were accurate it would be a mere nuisance, but his information is often wild speculation tinged with a dash of truth (ala CNN). To be completely honest, OC is not a bad guy. He just loves seeing his posts ignite fuses. Our problem is that other schools tend to think he speaks for the Bridge City community. He doesn't. He is a great supporter of our kids and for that we are appreciative.:clap: