PDA

View Full Version : LC-M vs BC

Old Cardinal
09-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Before we can have a discussion, we all understand that WO-S can stomp them just like Kirbyville, Liberty are anyone else not on the Mustang schedule....so here goes:

LC-M is 2-1 after a win over Orangefield last week. They lost to a Houston Kashmere unit and beat a NE TX team called Pleasant Grove. I think that this might just be a Bear team to respect in that their new Head Coach Todd Moody is an innovative and creative man. He was an Assistant at Temple in his prior job.
Bridge City is taking it one game at a time and they respect the size of LC-M and they showed some speed against Orangefield.
This is an old rivalery going back to 1955 although the books do not show that at LC-M. In the early years BC and others beat them a lot more than they won so when Mauriceville was merged in, they started all school records over.
How BC handles the bigger 4A boys will be interesting, it could be a little different in that they have only faced 3A enrollment teams thusfar.
I look for Coach Moody to pull some interesting new formations etc:
LC-M has always been a hot & cold group--like last year they whipped Central HS to everyones surprise....

Comments?

WOS92
09-12-2005, 09:11 PM
I wasn't surprised when they beat Central. Central didn't score a point (not a SINGLE POINT) until week 5 and won either 1 or 0 games. This shouldn't be a contest. BC should win easily. If not, something is amiss in card country.

GS#17
09-12-2005, 09:17 PM
This is an old rivalery going back to 1955although the books do not show that at LC-M.

Maybe it's not on their "books" because they weren't even a school in 1955... :rolleyes:

wos fan1
09-12-2005, 09:18 PM
BC 35 LCM 14

Paratrooper
09-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
BC 35 LCM 14

I have to agree with you on the score. I would pick BC by 21 or more also. I listened to the Orangefield/LCM game it seems that LCM had some really long jaunts against the Bobcats. It appeared that LCM does have some speed though. I think the Cardinal Defense is what is driving the train over at BC. If Bridge City can shut down there speedsters the defense will take care of the rest. If this happens it will be a long night for the Bears.

Old Cardinal
09-12-2005, 09:46 PM
To GS @17: Yes they had a team in the season of 1955. West Orange(Chiefs), Bridge City and Little Cypress had "Outlaw" teams. I played as a 9th grader against Little Cypress. They had a good fullback named Joe Bob Isabel that went on later to play some good college ball. The following year we all were put into the UIL type State HS program and played each other all the way thru our HS careers. It was fun to be in BCs very first football game: we played South Park(Greenies) HS and got beat 41-0. Many of us that played at that time for various teams are still friends across the county today.

You sure have been the biggest "know-it-all" on this board since you came on last year.:D "

GS#17
09-12-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm fully aware of Little Cypress HS and Joe Bob Isabel (sp?), who went on not only to play college football, but pro football, as well. You wrote "LC-M," though, which was not in existence in 1955...

GS#17
09-12-2005, 09:54 PM
BTW, I do take pride in the fact that I do know some things about HS football. So, thanks for the compliment. :)

Old Cardinal
09-12-2005, 09:57 PM
That is exactly why I said "LC-M" which was changed much later; they added a handfull of students at the time they took in a very little Mauriceville and that gave them an excuse to void all the score records at that time.....

That was not a compliment: you know a whole lot less than you think you know!

GS#17
09-12-2005, 10:03 PM
The rivalry in 1955 was between BC and LC, and as you point out, not between BC and "LC-M." My point was that "LC-M" wouldn't have those games on their "books" because ""LC-M" wasn't established until much later. It's like WOS, Port Arthur Memorial, Westbrook, or any other school that has been recently created. The history of a school begins when the school is established, not before its existence. It's nice to know for bear fans (for history's sake) what their predecessor schools did, but it is not part of the history of that school...

BTW, how do you know how much I know or don't know?

WOS92
09-12-2005, 10:05 PM
It's so easy to see why most posters regard OC as king of the windbags! An ounce of knowledge, a ton of bitterness and a head full of misconceptions.

Old Cardinal
09-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Wow, I see you picked up on my appraisal of you WO-S posters as "pompous wind-bags". That' good that shows you can learn something. :D
That is funny, I am not bitter at all, I just can't believe that there is a whole batch of fanatics backing the Mustang football team. I tried to get you to leave us alone to discuss the LC-M vs BC game this Friday but you have to butt-in don't you?

GS#17
09-12-2005, 10:27 PM
It's so easy to see why most posters regard OC as king of the windbags! An ounce of knowledge, a ton of bitterness and a head full of misconceptions.

Yes, and those are his good points... :clap:

wos fan1
09-12-2005, 11:12 PM
:D People on this board kill me...I wonder sometime??

Hupernikomen
09-12-2005, 11:52 PM
Does this mean Jasper High School has one state championship to its record since we merged with Rowe, who won it all in the black league (sorry if that isn't what it was called) before we merge.

WOS1
09-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Before we can have a discussion, we all understand that WO-S can stomp them just like Kirbyville, Liberty are anyone else not on the Mustang schedule....so here goes:

You got us involved right here, quit trying to take shots at us every time you can and we'll leave you alone, I promise.

The fact that you say GS is a know it all is hilarious, you are the biggest know it all on this board and most of the time you're flat out wrong, just like the whole"LC" "LCM" record thing, and you are so unobjective that most people will not even read your homer posts anymore.

GUNHO
09-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
You got us involved right here, quit trying to take shots at us every time you can and we'll leave you alone, I promise.

The fact that you say GS is a know it all is hilarious, you are the biggest know it all on this board and most of the time you're flat out wrong, just like the whole"LC" "LCM" record thing, and you are so unobjective that most people will not even read your homer posts anymore.

He knew he would get a respond from a wo-s poster .....thats why he said it.Just stirring the sh**.

Jody
09-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

OK.....now that's funny.... I owe you two hot dogs. :clap:

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Ok back to the game, you pirates :D I think BC will win big against this LCM squad. BC 35 LCM 9.

Don't ask I just feal that there will be a safety :D

Paratrooper
09-13-2005, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RBARKER
[B]Ok back to the game, you pirates :D I think BC will win big against this LCM squad. BC 35 LCM 9.

So if BC get a big win against LCM do you think BC will run all over Orangefield, since LCM trounced Orangefield? I tend to think Orangefield will play BC a good game for about two quarters at least. They always play their hearts out against Bridge City.

204AFAN
09-14-2005, 04:02 PM
This will be a good game BC played a average Liberty team and a Kirbyville team that lost a bunch to graduation, not sure why people think this will be so lopsided. LCM is better than what BC has played so far, and the same can be said for BC being better than what LCM has seen this year.

Turnovers should dictate the outcome, Bears fumbled 3 times inside the 10 against Kashmere, they fumbled twice against Pleasent Grove, and none against OF. Also the QB has not had a turnover yet.

strike hard
09-14-2005, 04:26 PM
BC by 14+

BIGREDFAN2
09-14-2005, 04:33 PM
BC by 10. LCM has not played a team like BC.

BC has lots of speed and I believe Dishon is the quicker QB.

X Man
09-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey Old Cardiac, you are #1! Guess which finger I am holding up?

BC beats LCM by 14

Old Card, you are one of the reasons there is so much hostility between BC and WOS. Do you think you are the only one who knows any history here? You can't be much older than me. Do you remember when WO won district in 62? My brother caught the touchdown pass. Do you remember when BC traveled to WO, like a thief in the night, and set our bonfire pile on fire, trying to ruin our homecoming? Do you remember when a BC boy was killed in an auto accident, while harassing WO people hauling wood to the bonfire? Do you remember when LC actually had a live bear for a mascot? Do you remember when.........Old Card, we can discuss highschool football and get along, but you need to give it a break when it comes to taking cheap shots at WOS every opportunity.

BigTex
09-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Hey X-Man! That live bear's name was "Honey". Don't ask me how I remembered that. Orange Stark had a live tiger for a very brief time until UIL outlawed live animal mascots. Stark's papier mache' mascot was called "Mr. Ted", after coach Ted Jeffries. Whoa........flashback time!:eek:

X Man
09-15-2005, 12:20 AM
Correct! Honey was the name of the bear, and the "Honey Bears" take their name from this. I don't remember the tiger, but Ted Jefferies was one of my coaches, when he coached at West Orange, before retireing. He was a fine man. It was a strange coincidense that a superintendant at WOS, several years ago, had the same name, but was no relation.

Paratrooper
09-15-2005, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by X Man
Hey Old Cardiac, you are #1! Guess which finger I am holding up?

BC beats LCM by 14

Old Card, you are one of the reasons there is so much hostility between BC and WOS. Do you think you are the only one who knows any history here? You can't be much older than me. Do you remember when WO won district in 62? My brother caught the touchdown pass. Do you remember when BC traveled to WO, like a thief in the night, and set our bonfire pile on fire, trying to ruin our homecoming? Do you remember when a BC boy was killed in an auto accident, while harassing WO people hauling wood to the bonfire? Do you remember when LC actually had a live bear for a mascot? Do you remember when.........Old Card, we can discuss highschool football and get along, but you need to give it a break when it comes to taking cheap shots at WOS every opportunity.

I am new to the boards but why do WOS people hate old card so much. I have read a few of his postings and they seem harmless. It seems he just roots for his team the same as you guys do. I have seen quite a bit of rousing of other teams from probably everyone on these boards.

X Man
09-15-2005, 09:40 PM
It's a long, stupid story, but he seems to be looking for a truce, so I'll go for that.

WOS92
09-15-2005, 09:46 PM
He posted a few very lengthy, false and negative posts about WO-S last year. It was intentional, and it got just the response he wanted.