PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside Mustangs

99IHSMustang
09-12-2005, 07:54 PM
What’s in store for the Mustangs this year once district starts? They clobbered Bishop in the season opener. Then after losing there starting QB, they lost to two good teams: Zapata (14-32) and Orange Grove (13-27). They now rely on 2 sophomore QB’s to lead the way. They are currently 4th place in the W-L column. Sinton being first followed by Aransas Pass and then Mathis. Is this an indication of how the district might end up? I would like to say I hope not. Ingleside has a pretty good defense. They definitely need to get the running game back on the offensive side. They play Taft this coming week which I believe they will win. I think once district rolls around they will be ready and they will get a playoff spot. What are your thoughts on the Mustangs once district starts?

Diocletian
09-12-2005, 07:57 PM
when does the Base shut down?......that will change everything...

pirate44
09-12-2005, 08:01 PM
i cant say for certain, but any big change like what happened can have a shake-up in a high school team. heck, it affects pro-teams. but you are right about when district play comes around. i know they will be fine. it will just take a little time.

99IHSMustang
09-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
when does the Base shut down?......that will change everything...

Active Duty military will be relocated within a year and a half to 2 years.

RiverRat19
09-12-2005, 09:33 PM
The Mustangs have some talent coming in the lower grades and their present lines are pretty solid. If the underclassmen can come around this season, they will still be tough. The question as usual with the 'Side is the depth- too many 2 way starters can wear a squad down after too long.

Don't look past Mathis or AP... oh, and Goliad made the playoffs last year too.... It should be a dogfight for the 2nd and 3rd places in 30-3A.

99IHSMustang
09-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
The Mustangs have some talent coming in the lower grades and their present lines are pretty solid. If the underclassmen can come around this season, they will still be tough. The question as usual with the 'Side is the depth- too many 2 way starters can wear a squad down after too long.

Don't look past Mathis or AP... oh, and Goliad made the playoffs last year too.... It should be a dogfight for the 2nd and 3rd places in 30-3A.

That is one of the main problems right now. Defense is very tired by the 4th Qtr. Offense is not moving the ball well enough to give the Defense some rest. They need to change that to be more successfull. They don't have as much depth as I thought they would.

RiverRat19
09-12-2005, 09:55 PM
The trick to that is being able to either:
A) Grind out long drives on O and have many 3-and-outs on D
B) Be able to score at will and win shootouts
C) Both A and B

... if you have a lot of 2 way starters. Why? It's harder to play D (takes more out of a player) due to having to fight off blockers, chase/move on the run chasing the ball, and make tackles. On O, you know where the play is going and have to spend less effort and therefore are usually less fatigued..... Depth is priceless.

99IHSMustang
09-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
The trick to that is being able to either:
A) Grind out long drives on O and have many 3-and-outs on D
B) Be able to score at will and win shootouts
C) Both A and B

... if you have a lot of 2 way starters. Why? It's harder to play D (takes more out of a player) due to having to fight off blockers, chase/move on the run chasing the ball, and make tackles. On O, you know where the play is going and have to spend less effort and therefore are usually less fatigued..... Depth is priceless.

Ingleside coaches chose option A in the Orange Grove game that is why the Mustangs were up 13-0 at half, but that didn't work so well in the second half of the game. Unfortunately I think right now option B is not really an option for them at this point.

99IHSMustang
09-12-2005, 10:02 PM
I know many people still doubt there ability, but when I went to watch them play against Orange Grove I could still see so much talent on the field. It was frustrating to see them lose palying D so well through almost 3 Qtrs of the game. I know that if they can get things clicking they will no doubt start winning again.

SintonFan
09-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Having such a small district should allow Ingleside to jell some and develop more stamina before the games count. Several weeks to go and that should help. That's alot of time to find what all your strengths are and better utilize them.

IHStangFan
09-13-2005, 12:46 PM
I really hope they can get it put back together before district....its gonna be tough for the young team...but the Mustangs have some talent on the field and the coach is a smart, young guy who seems to motivate the Stangs.....

to be continued.