PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Silsbee?

Paratrooper
09-12-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't think in my 25 years of keeping up with High School football I have ever seen a Silsbee team start 0-3. Silsbee is somewhat like Jasper; year in and year out they have either good or great teams. I wonder what is going on over there.

Astrosdawg07
09-12-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
I don't think in my 25 years of keeping up with High School football I have ever seen a Silsbee team start 0-3. Silsbee is somewhat like Jasper; year in and year out they have either good or great teams. I wonder what is going on over there.

From what I've heard they are mainly Juniors and sophomores.

Split Back Veer
09-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Just been fumbuling the ball ,we've had about 18 fumbles these first 3 games. Been throwin the games away, but im sure it will get better as the season progresses. We have a young QB whos tryin to get a grip on the offense. Silsbee went 2-3 in pre and 4-1 in district back in 98' and winded up makin it 4 deep in the playoffs gettin beat by lamarque. I think they'll shape up when district comes.

pantherpop
09-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Didn't Silsbee actually have an 0-10 season just a few years ago?

Split Back Veer
09-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Yea, thats when they were in the pac 10 with ozen, ned,pn-g and that bunch. Just didn't have the athletes compared to all the other big schools.

pantherpop
09-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Split Back Veer
Yea, thats when they were in the pac 10 with ozen, ned,pn-g and that bunch. Just didn't have the athletes compared to all the other big schools.

That was one tough district.

Old Cardinal
09-12-2005, 11:44 PM
I too am surprised at the apparent difference in the teams--this & last. They had a lot of Juniors on the team last year; did they choose other sports? There might be an accurate picture that has not been painted for us on what has happened?
I like the Silsbee folks, we all enjoy going over for volleyball and other sports--they are friendly host. If they are young yet athletic, as big as their enrollment is they might be potent in a few weeks when they get their teamwork-synergy in action.

JasperDog94
09-13-2005, 08:39 AM
young players
turnovers
sophomore slump

You pick. It could be any of the three. We'll get to see how good the coaching staff is in Silsbee this year.

AggieJohn
09-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
I don't think in my 25 years of keeping up with High School football I have ever seen a Silsbee team start 0-3. Silsbee is somewhat like Jasper; year in and year out they have either good or great teams. I wonder what is going on over there. watch out, i got killed for asking the same about jasper

spiveyrat
09-13-2005, 09:01 AM
You "got killed" and yet, you still post... :thinking:

bulldogbark
09-13-2005, 09:02 AM
I really dont think that they have what they want to do on offence yet,,, whether they want to run a three back type offence or something else. seem like we try to pound it sometimes , then we try nothing but pass and scramble. I am just going to let the coaches handle it and sit back and watch the fireworks once they have it figured out. which I bet will be after the BC game:)

WOS92
09-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Silsbee's last few years in 4a were ABYSMAL. Check the records. They went 0-10 at least once and finished last in the district several times. In fact, last year was the first really good or great Silsbee team in quite a while, wasn't it? You must have skipped the last few of those 25 years ;)

AggiesAreWe
09-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Actually, Silsbee was bad in 02, 03, went 1-9, 0-10, those last 2 years in 4A. But, went to the playoffs in 98, 99, and 01, going to the regional finals in 98, losing to LaMarque 20-17( that year we beat #1 ranked WOS in first round ). To say Silsbee was bad for quite sometime is not very accurate.

eagle.eyes
09-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Actually, Silsbee was bad in 02, 03, went 1-9, 0-10, those last 2 years in 4A. But, went to the playoffs in 98, 99, and 01, going to the regional finals in 98, losing to LaMarque 20-17( that year we beat #1 ranked WOS in first round ). To say Silsbee was bad for quite sometime is not very accurate. :clap::clap: :clap: