PDA

View Full Version : Question for WOS fans?

Paratrooper
09-12-2005, 07:08 PM
I was just wondering with the hurricane and all how many transfers from Louisiana will be playing by district? I had heard their were 7 super duper kids that will be suiting up by district. I haven't heard of any coming to play for Bridge City this year. Does anyone know if any other transfers will be playing for any other teams in the district?

Astrosdawg07
09-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Jasper got a kicker out of it...

bulldogbark
09-12-2005, 07:41 PM
we did? hey give info on the Jasper board!:)

GS#17
09-12-2005, 08:32 PM
There are a lot of kids enrolling in schools all over the SE TX area. I haven't heard of any transfers that will be playing for the WOS varsity, though.

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 08:35 PM
so they can just come over and suit up that quick?? I thought the uil had a rule about having to wait a certain amount games or something???

GS#17
09-12-2005, 08:55 PM
From my understanding, there's a 15 day waiting period for varsity athletics only; however, he can play JV or freshman sports immediately.

wos fan1
09-12-2005, 09:02 PM
We got one more today. We have 4 total with 3 of them staying on Freshamn and JV even after the 15 day period. One will be on Varsity after the 2 weeks that is 6' 280....

WOS92
09-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Almost every school in the area has gained some students, but I don't know how many are players. I've only seen rumors about the players we've taken in being "blue chips," but, from what I heard, they were JV-type players. The closest source I know to the actual coaches said we had "no varsity players" as a result of the influx. I don't know.

Supertilley
09-12-2005, 09:28 PM
I really wouldn't care if we got LA players. Right now our team is gellin. I think it would cause more problems if someones starting job was taken than it would help. Mad parents....stuff like that.

bulldogbark
09-12-2005, 09:29 PM
but we dont have a kicker:( :( :( :( :(

Supertilley
09-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Go for 2 everytime.

Paratrooper
09-12-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
We got one more today. We have 4 total with 3 of them staying on Freshamn and JV even after the 15 day period. One will be on Varsity after the 2 weeks that is 6' 280....

Man that is a big kid. You guys must be lucky over there, what are the odds

GS#17
09-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Let's see... Per the USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-09-08-evacuees-back-to-school_x.htm):

Almost 19,000 children displaced by the hurricane were enrolled in Texas public schools. That number could swell to 50,000, according to the state Education Agency.

I guess the odds of getting that one student at this point -- and I'm not too good at math here, so bear with me -- is 1 in about 19,000.

Paratrooper
09-12-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
Let's see... Per the USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-09-08-evacuees-back-to-school_x.htm):

I guess the odds of getting that one student at this point -- and I'm not too good at math here, so bear with me -- is 1 in about 19,000.

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, I just think it's lucky to get a kid that big on the team. You guys have a lot of luck over there.

wos fan1
09-12-2005, 10:50 PM
We need some luck right now with most of our guys hurt and not playing.

Paratrooper
09-13-2005, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by wos fan1
We need some luck right now with most of our guys hurt and not playing.
How many do you guys have hurt right now and are any of these key players?

WOS1
09-13-2005, 07:29 AM
3 defensive lineman and 2 tailbacks. The defensive lineman we were missing really hurt last week against BC.

wostexan
09-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Let me start off by saying that I am a huge WO-S fan. But in almost every post I read by WOSFAN1 on this board and other boards, it is about all the injuries WO-S has. Sounds like he is making excuses before the games in case WO-S loses. Injuries are a part of the game and the season. Everybody has them and loses key players. Stop crying about them and realize that WO-S is 3-0 with all those injuries against 3 quality opponents.

Paratrooper
09-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by wostexan
Let me start off by saying that I am a huge WO-S fan. But in almost every post I read by WOSFAN1 on this board and other boards, it is about all the injuries WO-S has. Sounds like he is making excuses before the games in case WO-S loses. Injuries are a part of the game and the season. Everybody has them and loses key players. Stop crying about them and realize that WO-S is 3-0 with all those injuries against 3 quality opponents.

That is actually quite impressive to have all those injuries and still 3-0. I think that the pre district schedule may take a toll somewhat on West Orange. However, they won't meet Bridge City until the last game, so I think it is fair to say they "should be" in pretty good shape by then as far as injuries go.

wos fan1
09-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by wostexan
Let me start off by saying that I am a huge WO-S fan. But in almost every post I read by WOSFAN1 on this board and other boards, it is about all the injuries WO-S has. Sounds like he is making excuses before the games in case WO-S loses. Injuries are a part of the game and the season. Everybody has them and loses key players. Stop crying about them and realize that WO-S is 3-0 with all those injuries against 3 quality opponents. I know injuries are a part of football. I'm not making excuses. But the number we have is really really high. And when you have NO depth it's a big deal. We didn't have near this many in week 0 or week 1.

X Man
09-14-2005, 12:42 AM
Bridge City actually has twice as many kids suiting out as West Orange-Stark. IN FACT, BC has as many seniors (23) returning this year, as WOS has on their team, period.

I read earlier, that WO-S has had 275 kids total (grades 1-12), enroll. Out of all these, I understand there are 5 kids that came out for football, and all are on Freshman and JV squads. I think 2 of these are on the JV squad. Anyway, none of them are on Varsity.

Jody
09-14-2005, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
but we dont have a kicker:( :( :( :( :(

Vidor's kicker is REAL good.