PDA

View Full Version : Ferris at Crandall

playpepper
10-08-2002, 09:15 AM
I was going over games in 3-A this week and this one just jumps out at me. Ferris is coming off of a tough loss to Wilmer Hutchins in which they were as close as 26-23 midway through the third quarter. Crandall is coming off a mediocre win over Pinkston and has not had a big win or played particularly well since their win over Kennedale. This is my upset special of the week. Ferris over Crandall in a close one.

J817ason
10-08-2002, 10:59 AM
Ferris played Hutch close for a while but they wore down..they don't have any depth....Crandall's win over Kennedale looks more impressive now...Ferris will hang around for a while but Crandall should pull away late..

Titans
10-08-2002, 11:11 AM
Ferris scored 23 against Wilmer? I'm shocked to see that it was 26-23 midway through the 3rd.

I'd have to pick Crandall, but that's based on the notion that Crandall beat Kennedale, whom defeated Everman. Sure Forney shut out Crandall, but I also think Ferris got beat by a Fort Worth school. NOT A GOOD SIGN!

this is the way we ball
10-08-2002, 11:14 AM
Ferris got beat by Castleberry!!!!! eek!

Crandall will beat Ferris like a red-headed step-child. :o

I'm taking Crandall by 35....at least :cool:

stone_cold
10-08-2002, 11:51 AM
DON'T BE TOO QUICK TO COUNT FERRIS OUT!! FERRIS IS GOOD AT READING THE OPTION AND THE QB IS GETTING BETTER AT THROWING THE BALL... AND CRANDALL DOESN'T HAVE NEAR THE OFFENSE W-H HAS! HOWEVER.. SINCE IT IS IN CRANDALL, I GIVE IT TO CRANDALL IN A CLOSE ONE... 24-21 :cool:

nigelmer
10-08-2002, 12:52 PM
Crandall may beat Ferris.....but if you think it'll be anywhere NEAR 35 points....you're a read headed CRACK SMOKER!!! Sure wish some people were willing to put their money where their mouth is.

nigelmer
10-08-2002, 01:34 PM
And by the way......the man who was killed at the gas pumps in the shooting in Ferris Sunday afternoon was the father of Ferris' starting free safety...please remember this family in your prayers

this is the way we ball
10-08-2002, 02:10 PM
Nigelmer. It's easy for you to say "put your money where your mouth is" because you are on a computer... I would bet you that Crandall is going to beat Ferris by 35 if I knew you...But I don't know you and don't care to know you.
I'm glad you think that Ferris has a chance to not be blown out.. That's great! If Crandall only wins by 30 you can be happy. I will post my apology on this board next week.

As far as the Free Safety for Ferris...My prayers are with him and his family. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose my father at such a young age.

nigelmer
10-09-2002, 07:44 AM
This is the Way.....you're right....there's no way a wager could be put on between the two of us, and is not the purpose of this board anyway. I'd just like to know what you base your 35 point prediction on??? The only team Crandall has even been able to BREAK 35 points on has been Pinkston, and if you're about to compare them to Ferris, then you're making a HUGE mistake. A score like 28-14 Crandall or something like that, I might could go with. But to think a blowout will occur between two teams that are renewing a rivalry along with the inspiration the team has over the loss of their free safety's dad, I just don't think that's possible

Titans
10-09-2002, 08:35 AM
Good Morning gentlemen:

The comments about the 35 point blowout are ridiculous. From what I know, the papers had Ferris leading Wilmer at halftime, which tells me a lot about their talent. At the same time, Crandall beating Kennedale speaks loud and clear in and of itself.

With that in mind, I would imagine a close game is in order. It all comes down to missed tackles and capitalizing on turnovers.

I'd still have to put that district as one of the toughest, if not THE toughest in the state. Forney, Crandall, Wilmer-Hutchins and Ferris are fighting it out for the playoffs. It's a shame one will be left out in the cold.

Matthew328
10-09-2002, 08:37 AM
I am still not a beleiver in Ferris..losing to Castleberry really soured me on this one..hanging with Hutch has made me change my mind some though...I like Crandall to pull away late...

nigelmer
10-09-2002, 09:23 AM
Points well taken by both Titan and Matthew. Missed tackles proved big in Ferris' 2nd half letdown against Wilmer. They can't continue to do that if they hope to have a chance against Crandall. There is great talent there, but depth is a problem as there are only 22 varsity players on the team. As far as the Castleberry game, well....you just had to be hanging around that week to understand all the underlying factors leading to that one. No excuses, Castleberry played hard, but Ferris was flat...VERY flat.

Aside from all this, the death of the free safety's father on Sunday is a blow to the team...he (a sophomore by the way) is the leading tackler on the team (84 in just 5 of Ferris' games). The team is up....just how much this will impact the game is yet to be seen. But rest assured it won't be a 35 point blowout.

this is the way we ball
10-09-2002, 02:23 PM
Nigelmer I'm sure the Free Safety is an excellent football player, but it has been my experience that if your free safety is the leading tackler on the team, then your front is terrible and your not going to win many games. :D

nigelmer
10-09-2002, 02:45 PM
And it's been MY experience that when you run a split defense your free safety is an alley filler as in an extra linebacker.....65 of his tackles have been made within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage.....so I'll take that every day