PDA

View Full Version : Silsbee 0-3 / Jasper 1-2...what a diff a year makes

jet sweep
09-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Hard to believe these two schools have 1 win between them through 3 weeks. I keep thinking Silsbee will regain last years form, but i'm losing confidence in that. I watched the H-J game and Silsbee is totally inept on offense. Played with two QB' and neither showed much of anything. Could be a long year for the Tigers. Jasper losing to Central is a huge shock.

wos fan1
09-12-2005, 12:17 PM
It is a shock. That new coach Central has came from Harker Heights and seems to be a good one. They may beat us Friday the shape we're in. Jasper let Central Big Play them to much though.

Captain Obvious
09-12-2005, 04:35 PM
I too saw the H-J game and Silsbee seemed to have a lot of trouble with Turnovers. They have some skilled players they are just struggling to get them the ball and get them doing anything with it. They have also played some decent teams. I think once district rolls around they shoul dbe in pretty good shape. They are pretty much playing in a 3 team district . Coldspring and Buna are terrible. Shepherd is better than normal, but I don't think they have the talent to really compete for a playoff spot. Silsbee and Jasper should be okay.

Astrosdawg07
09-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Captain Obvious
I too saw the H-J game and Silsbee seemed to have a lot of trouble with Turnovers. They have some skilled players they are just struggling to get them the ball and get them doing anything with it. They have also played some decent teams. I think once district rolls around they shoul dbe in pretty good shape. They are pretty much playing in a 3 team district . Coldspring and Buna are terrible. Shepherd is better than normal, but I don't think they have the talent to really compete for a playoff spot. Silsbee and Jasper should be okay.

I think Shepherd will replace Kville in the playoff sports.

1. Jasper
2. Shepherd
3. Silsbee

Captain Obvious
09-12-2005, 05:00 PM
That is a possibility, Shepherd has a shot at the playoffs, especially if Quincy Cotton's injury keeps him out of any games.

Hupernikomen
09-12-2005, 06:37 PM
i am hoping central is just better and that jasper had a bad game; otherwise, i am worried.

Astrosdawg07
09-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
i am hoping central is just better and that jasper had a bad game; otherwise, i am worried.

Ya I agree with you, but I just feel we have a really weak district this year compared to last year.

Pirate66
09-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
I think Shepherd will replace Kville in the playoff sports.

1. Jasper
2. Shepherd
3. Silsbee

I just wanted to personally say thanks A dawg for being the first person (that i have seen) say something positive about shepherd and to top it off its someone from our own district. good luck to you and your team see you in october

pirate_qb_11
09-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Amen to that Pirate66...thanks for the support everybody...i promise we wont let ya'll down :)

spiveyrat
09-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Personally, I think Jasper's loss last week was Jody's fault. I think you've concentrated too much of your hatin' on WOS and not enough on Jasper. You could have prevented this, ya know? ;)

JasperDog94
09-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Word around town is that after the big win against PNG, Jasper just came out flat and unenergized (is that a word) on Friday night. Several people commented on how lack-luster they looked. It's like they were just going through the motions. I wasn't there so I can't comment personally. I hope that's the case. Plus, with Central having a new coach, that could make all the difference.

Jody
09-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Ya I agree with you, but I just feel we have a really weak district this year compared to last year.

You are the only person on the face of this earth that agrees with me on this. I owe you a hot dog.

JasperDog94
09-13-2005, 08:45 AM
I don't think anyone can disagree that our district is weaker this year. At least it has been so far.

Jody
09-13-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Personally, I think Jasper's loss last week was Jody's fault. I think you've concentrated too much of your hatin' on WOS and not enough on Jasper. You could have prevented this, ya know? ;)

I was unpacking my Cuero Gobbler hunting gear yesterday and found my "Jasper Sux" and "Save and Eagle, Eat a Cardinal" shirts. I need to bone up and pick on them again I guess. Here goes:

Boy does Jasper Suck this Year. Better? :D

Jody
09-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Pirate66
I just wanted to personally say thanks A dawg for being the first person (that i have seen) say something positive about shepherd and to top it off its someone from our own district. good luck to you and your team see you in october

Go get-m Shepherd....win district...that'll tick-m off.

spiveyrat
09-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Jody
I was unpacking my Cuero Gobbler hunting gear yesterday and found my "Jasper Sux" and "Save and Eagle, Eat a Cardinal" shirts. I need to bone up and pick on them again I guess. Here goes:

Only time will tell. Thanks for the effort! :thumbsup: :D

j_dog
09-13-2005, 09:51 AM

better, but not good enough. for starters, pick Newton to win. Two, go sit on Newton's side and cheer for Newton.

That will practically guarantee a jasper win! :p ;) :D

j_dog
09-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Pirate66
I agree that Shepherd is definitely a team on the rise. :) I am happy for you all. This could be your break-through year.

Wildcat22
09-13-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Captain Obvious
That is a possibility, Shepherd has a shot at the playoffs, especially if Quincy Cotton's injury keeps him out of any games.
Man you are full of S#%*...Quincy Cotton aint the whole team...if he misses a game he just miss a game theres a sophmore by the name of Peirce Rhodes that can feel his spot very well...and since when have u known Kirbyville to be a one man wrecking crew???never...if quincy cotton miss a game it won't hurt them not one bit

Astrosdawg07
09-13-2005, 09:37 PM

He's back!

Captain Obvious
09-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Wow , you really give Kirbyville a good name with talk like that. The fact is with Cotton last week they were at least hanging with BC, after he went out they flat out stunk. But you are correct by saying Kirbyville isn't a one man wrecking crew. Most of the time they are just a "wreck".

Astrosdawg07
09-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Cheah!