PDA

View Full Version : It's gonna be an unusual year for football.....

IHStangFan
09-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Is it me, or does it seem that alot of things are "not exactly how they should be" as far as football goes....and i'm talking from HS ball all the way to NFL.

We've had a handful of upsets already this season in HS ball, college ball, NFL, etc.

OU is upset by TCU and continues to look horrible w/ the exception of Peterson, which is not usual for OU

Dallas looked outstanding and beat up on the Chargers who before the game were the OVERWHELMING favorites to win that game....Cowboys looking good?? Not normal as of late

Miami demolishes Denver...didnt see that coming

San Fran over St. Louis..again...didnt see that coming...

Clemson takes another win....whats really goin on?

SMU spanks TCU only a week after TCU knocks off OU......***?!?! i'm worried!

gonna be an interesting year!!!

(although, it seems SOME things stay the same....i just noticed that Texas Tech scored 56 points in their opener)

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 11:08 AM
were the chargers really heavily favored??? i would have thought with gates out it would be about even or the cowboys would be favored....

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 11:10 AM
the only thing im extremely pissed off about is the ravens....the stupid kicker sucks...stover missed 3 field goals that could have changed the way the game was played....and i would almost bet McAllister will not miss that easy of an int. the rest of the year....i wish the ravens could have beaten the colts but thank god it wasnt the playoffs or i would have really been pissed about stupid STOVER....but of course u have to give Manning credit...the 2nd half he did really good and holy crap when the hell did the colts get cold on defense thats all i want to know...and even though i was goin for the ravens atleast harrison did good cuz i got him on my fantasy team...lol

Rabbit'93
09-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Ro Tex

Don't get me wrong stover blew it (he's my fantasy kicker too:() but with the missed kicks it's still 24-16 Time for me to pick up a new kicker. ;) But I've got Manning and Harrison.:D

IHStangFan
09-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
were the chargers really heavily favored??? i would have thought with gates out it would be about even or the cowboys would be favored.... i guess you could go look at the points spreads from Vegas

IHStangFan
09-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Stover looked HORRIBLE, i couldnt believe that, but i loved it...as I'm a Colts fan, have been since Manning was drafted. I used to drive up to Univ. of Tenn. to watch him play, and when he went to Indy...so did I.

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Ro Tex

Don't get me wrong stover blew it (he's my fantasy kicker too:() but with the missed kicks it's still 24-16 Time for me to pick up a new kicker. ;) But I've got Manning and Harrison.:D

yes but if i remember right at one point if he would have made all his kicks it would have been 17-9 instead of 17-0 and the ravens had the ball...its just my opinion but that could have changed everything about the game...the playcallin especially if they knew that drive they could tie the game..but im not makin excuses because i think this will be the afc championship game and i hope the ravens can pull this one out later on in the playoffs...but what i really want to know is when and how did the colts get cold on defense

IHStangFan
09-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
yes but if i remember right at one point if he would have made all his kicks it would have been 17-9 instead of 17-0 and the ravens had the ball...its just my opinion but that could have changed everything about the game...the playcallin especially if they knew that drive they could tie the game..but im not makin excuses because i think this will be the afc championship game and i hope the ravens can pull this one out later on in the playoffs...but what i really want to know is when and how did the colts get cold on defense yeah, Colts D looked tough last night....seemed to have really stepped it up...which means...this year Indy's game plan doesnt HAVE to be "outscore the opponent" I think this could finally be Peyton's year! GO COLTS!!

handNthedirt
09-12-2005, 11:25 AM
chargers were favored by 4.5 points.

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 11:28 AM
your right and as bad as i hate to say it DEF is definitly what manning has been waiting for and if they play like this they will have an excellent chance of goin to the super bowl but like i said i think this game is goin to be the afc championship game...and i hope the ravens can pull it out...but maybe im wrong and the ravens arent gonna go far who knows

IHStangFan
09-12-2005, 11:33 AM
you could be right ro, but at any rate, its going to be interesting to watch....as the theme of this thread suggests.....its been ANYTHING but normal so far...and i'm looking forward to seeing more!!

handNthedirt
09-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Is it me, or does it seem that alot of things are "not exactly how they should be" as far as football goes....and i'm talking from HS ball all the way to NFL.

High School??? Who? What? When? Where?

IHStangFan
09-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
High School??? Who? What? When? Where? Marlin lost this past weekend didnt they? Week before, Sinton DEMOLISHED Gregory-Portland...(i knew it was coming, but aside from myself, and the Sinton faithful...nobody thought they'd get it done) Orange Grove is on fire, Odem is DESTROYING people, Mathis RB had a 245+ yrd game a few weeks back and they LOST....and thats just the things ive caught recently...as ive been traveling and only keeping up via internet. etc. etc. etc. its been ANYTHING but normal...even in HS ball this year.

handNthedirt
09-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Marlin lost this past weekend didnt they? Week before, Sinton DEMOLISHED Gregory-Portland...(i knew it was coming, but aside from myself, and the Sinton faithful...nobody thought they'd get it done) Orange Grove is on fire, Odem is DESTROYING people, Mathis RB had a 245+ yrd game a few weeks back and they LOST....and thats just the things ive caught recently...as ive been traveling and only keeping up via internet. etc. etc. etc. its been ANYTHING but normal...even in HS ball this year.

...no surprises there for me.

IHStangFan
09-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
...no surprises there for me. well, then youre a little more tuned in than me i guess :rolleyes:

sahen
09-12-2005, 01:33 PM
u can add to ur list that Baylor is 2-0 for the first time in forever! woohoo!

IHStangFan
09-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by sahen
u can add to ur list that Baylor is 2-0 for the first time in forever! woohoo! yup!! you are correct sir!

NateDawg39
09-12-2005, 02:27 PM
Football is getting better every year!! Maybe the Bills will win four straight Super Bowls...If anyone remembers they lost four straight including 2 to the Cowboy's back in the 90's!;)

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 02:54 PM
yeah u gotta love that bills defense they are awesome....i love spikes and milloy