PDA

View Full Version : WOS vs. Bay City

Jody
09-12-2005, 09:29 AM
The game was a good one and I enjoyed it. Don't agree with the outcome, but who am I to change it.

My take:

Positive:
WOS has a very tallented QB and a few decent receivers. They have a couple good defensive players, one named Jerry Lewis (no kidding). Mr. Beasley (QB) is a tallented young man and has a great arm. He also has some good leadership characteristics. They have some speed at the linebacker and corner positions. A somewhat balanced Offense, as long as their opponent is not too large. They depend heavily on big pass plays, so a tough secondary will give them trouble. A good set of ref's will also give them trouble.

Great fans......very nice folks. Does everyone in Orange have a 1 year old wh is teething?

Things I saw:
Poor sportsman ship by a few on a regular basis. More show boating than playing football. The walk out fo the blow-up helmet and the ring-around-the-roses dance before kick-off is just plain dumb.

Average running game, at best.

Below average defense against the run. Line is significantly smaller than most good teams.

Very small on the offensive and defensive line. Speed makes up a little on defense, but the lines gets blown out by any team of good size.

The receivers are cheap and dirty. If I had a dollar for every time a receiver pushed off of a defender to make a catch, I would have bought everyone in the stands a hot dog (with chili). Refs were obviously not calling those BAD NO calls. Got to wonder about that.

Over all WOS is a good team, maybe a top 20 at BEST. I am not being a WOS hater here, but being honest. I can think of a number of teams that would have NO problem beating WOS. Shut down your BIG PLAY passes and run the ball, your beat.

The team you played the other night was horrible and poorly coached. Their receivers had butter on their hands or it would have gotten ugly quick. Had it not been for 2 very bad calls, you would have still been beatin by 8 or 9 points.....easily. Heck, Ozen beat Bay City 45 to 7.

Yes, BC did get in the endzone to covert the two points, but if you can't call Offensive pass interference, then why let them win period. This reminded me of the BAD call Jasper got in the state championship last year.

Final comments:

After seeing the year play out in the Golden Triangle, I think it is obvious the area is down this year. Other than Bridge City, who is really doing anything worth noting. The Vidor team that everyone makes fun of is tied for 1st in their district with LCM, of all people. PNG and Nederland obviously are not a dominant team this year and offer no bragging rights, so you really should not down Vidor or Dickenson for that matter. Dickenson is decidedly a better team than that of Bay City.

Don't be suprised when Newton sneaks up and whips WOS this year.

I know, go ahead...."your an Idiot."

X Man
09-12-2005, 09:37 AM
By the time Newton gets here, WOS will look like Beetle Bailey after Sgt. Snorkle finished with him. Our preseason has been called the "WOS 2005 Suicide Tour".

Newton is a good program with a lot of big, fast players. WOS will have to reach into their majic hat to get another win here, especially since they still have to face Central.

Jody
09-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by X Man
By the time Newton gets here, WOS will look like Beetle Bailey after Sgt. Snorkle finished with him. Our preseason has been called the "WOS 2005 Suicide Tour".

Newton is a good program with a lot of big, fast players. WOS will have to reach into their majic hat to get another win here, especially since they still have to face Central.

I will give WOS one thing, they certainly are confident and play with heart. As few players as they already have, injuries are certainly not any help. A team with depth wold hurt them.

BH faced the same thing last year, ended up costing us district. Hopefully we come away this year with no injuries.

Gobbla2001
09-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Wasn't Bay City's front pretty big? Or was I seeing things?

They come out of their blow-up helmet doing that yell that the Atlanta Braves fans do... arm-and-arm... what's wrong with that? If there is infact something wrong with it then we need to get rid of break-through signs etc... because it was the same thing that they did, just in a different way...

I actually saw pretty good sportsmanship... not a lot of showboating, a lot of excitement though...

Gobbla2001
09-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Jody

The team you played the other night was horrible and poorly coached. Their receivers had butter on their hands or it would have gotten ugly quick. Had it not been for 2 very bad calls, you would have still been beatin by 8 or 9 points.....easily. Heck, Ozen beat Bay City 45 to 7.

I thought the refs did a heck of a job, made good calls... The one for the two point conversion was a close call, it had to go one way or the other...

Yah, the BC receivers did drop a couple of passes that would have most-likely been TD's, but that's what made WO-S the better team that night, they caught the balls, BC didn't...

And besides, out of the drives involving the 3 dropped passes I saw, BC only failed to score on 1 of those drives... so that's just one TD...

jet sweep
09-12-2005, 12:32 PM

The team you played the other night was horrible and poorly coached.
A[/B]

I urge you to look at their h/c overall record and record at Bay City before making a bone head statement like that.

Supertilley
09-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Wasn't Bay City's front pretty big? Or was I seeing things?

They come out of their blow-up helmet doing that yell that the Atlanta Braves fans do... arm-and-arm... what's wrong with that?

You should hear our boys doing that yell in the dome. It echos the whole place, gives you chills.

Gobbla2001
09-12-2005, 12:36 PM
What really impressed me about WO-S was their kick-off coverage...

All night Bay City did the deal where the returner would catch the ball and would run to the other returner and fake the hand off... they had very good communication and shut it down all night...

On their last kick-off the returner hauled but toword the sideline, once he reached the crowd he dumped it off to a blocker who had his back turned to the action... the guy just stood there with the ball, it looked like WO-S had lost track of the ball but two of them figured out where it was pretty quick, one of the guys was blocked but the other one leveled the guy holding the ball just as he pitched it off to another returner, that guy only got about 5 more HARD EARNED yards before being brought down... great coverage...

Jody
09-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by jet sweep
I urge you to look at their h/c overall record and record at Bay City before making a bone head statement like that.

There is no question that Bay City has a great history, as does WOS. Ben Franklin had a good history too, but he also flew a kite during a lightning storm in 1752.

Bay City open up a can of lightning during the second half and could have easily won that game hands down. Matter of fact, they should have won that game. Their play calling was very questionable..... Why throw the ball on 3 and 2 when you have been running the with complete dominance. Also, why run the 1/2 back to win the game when you only need 1 yard to win and your full back has average 7 + yards per carry.

I hear a lot of history lessons out of WOS!

What's your future going to be like?

Will you beat Newton?

Will you go more than 1 round in the playoffs?

Will you be 2-A in a few years?

Will enough players be left due to grades come play-offs?

Supertilley
09-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by jet sweep

Great point!

Alan Cherry

Overall record (152-37-0) Lost state championshit game 2003

At BayCity (22-4-0)

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Gobbla,
You were seeing things I looked at Bay City roster and they also had an average line, they just look so big because WOS was so small. And you said the refs made good calls? Did you see that one push off when WOS went up 21-7? The WOS reciever shoved the guy so hard he went back 2 yards as the ball dropped in the receivers hands.

Jody
09-12-2005, 12:56 PM
What really impressed me about WO-S was their kick-off coverage...

All night Bay City did the deal where the returner would catch the ball and would run to the other returner and fake the hand off... they had very good communication and shut it down all night...

Actually, a blind hog could have stopped that mess. I can't even imagine why someone with 4.4 or 4.5 speed would loose 10 yards instead of gaining 30. That was the most dumb mess I have ever seen a team do. You notice once they stopped doing that their field position greatly improved.

Jody
09-12-2005, 12:58 PM
I thought the refs did a heck of a job, made good calls... The one for the two point conversion was a close call, it had to go one way or the other...

Yah, the BC receivers did drop a couple of passes that would have most-likely been TD's, but that's what made WO-S the better team that night, they caught the balls, BC didn't...

And besides, out of the drives involving the 3 dropped passes I saw, BC only failed to score on 1 of those drives... so that's just one TD...

I am almost excited to see someone from Cuero praise the WOS play Saturday. If this is all the state has to offer, then BH is far better than I give them credit for. Rankings mu tail end..... :D

Supertilley
09-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Actually, a blind hog could have stopped that mess.

Like B-H......?

wos fan1
09-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Like i said keep talking. You can come watch us play when you guys are sitting at home. We had several JV players on defense in the second half. We'll get our people back. We may lose to Beaumont Central and Newton with several JV players having to play the next few weeks.

Pigskin 2004
09-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Jody, please get a coaching job so you don't have to communicate with us idiots anymore. You are such a football genius they should give you Parcell's job right now. :rolleyes:

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
You can come watch us play when you guys are sitting at home.

Kind of like yall last year :D

WOS92
09-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Well, did we not see the Bay City TD catch when the receiver used the DB's jersey to pull himself forward to the ball? There were bad no-calls on TDs for both teams. By the way - say what you will about our secondary, but Bay City put up substantially more passing yards against National #17 LaMarque than they did against us.

WOS92
09-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Yeah, when we lost to the same team that beat you.

bulldogbark
09-12-2005, 01:14 PM
I dont care what any other school in this area thinks, I dont care if they hate Jasper, or WO-s let them. I dont care if they think that WO should be ranked lower or Jasper shouldnt be ranked at all. I will tell you what I care about. I care about our kids out there, playing teams that other wouldnt play. I care about how week after week they are out there out numbered but never giving up. I care about when they get tired and the injuries happen. I care just as much about you Mustangs as I do about my Bulldogs. I Will defend our kids. come Hell or high water. You can either join us in caring , or you can fall to the wayside. you can become a respect team right along side of us , or you can reap the wrath of the Stangs or the Dogs. You can talk about our town,,, our way of life,, but dont make the mistake of trying to belittle us, or our kids. cause it will make the most mild mannered of us kick scratch bite, and do what ever it takes to defend us and our kids......just dont make that mistake.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WOS92
09-12-2005, 01:14 PM
And Bay City put up exactly NINE more passing yards against us than ANAHUAC did against you. :eek:

Pigskin 2004
09-12-2005, 01:16 PM
WO-S beat the team that bh beat in the first round and bh lost to the same team that beat the Stangs in the first round, so how does that make ya'll so much better?

WOS92
09-12-2005, 01:17 PM
If we're gonna talk about being weak against the run, didn't BH give up 268 yards on the ground against Dickinson... plus 114 through the air?
Yeah, bring on your eagles.

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
I dont care what any other school in this area thinks, I dont care if they hate Jasper, or WO-s let them. I dont care if they think that WO should be ranked lower or Jasper shouldnt be ranked at all. I will tell you what I care about. I care about our kids out there, playing teams that other wouldnt play. I care about how week after week they are out there out numbered but never giving up. I care about when they get tired and the injuries happen. I care just as much about you Mustangs as I do about my Bulldogs. I Will defend our kids. come Hell or high water. You can either join us in caring , or you can fall to the wayside. you can become a respect team right along side of us , or you can reap the wrath of the Stangs or the Dogs. You can talk about our town,,, our way of life,, but dont make the mistake of trying to belittle us, or our kids. cause it will make the most mild mannered of us kick scratch bite, and do what ever it takes to defend us and our kids......just dont make that mistake.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

YAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
And Bay City put up exactly NINE more passing yards against us than ANAHUAC did against you. :eek: Thats why you cant look at stats. BH pulled its 3rd team early in the 3rd quater of that game.

WOS92
09-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Pigskin 2004
WO-S beat the team that bh beat in the first round and bh lost to the same team that beat the Stangs in the first round, so how does that make ya'll so much better?

BH lost 7 to 6 in the huffman game, Huffman scored how many on yall 30? BC took you to OT and BH handeled them they next week. you figure it out. DO I have to ex[plain every thing to you guys. THINK

WOS92
09-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Hmm.... Only one player had any passing yards. Two combined for all of the rushing yards. What did the second and third team do?

WOS92
09-12-2005, 01:21 PM
And how many did we score on Huffman?

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 01:21 PM
If we're gonna talk about being weak against the run, didn't BH give up 268 yards on the ground against Dickinson... plus 114 through the air?
Yeah, bring on your eagles.

Your right about that no excusses. Dickinson's running back ran all over us.

Supertilley
09-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
BH lost 7 to 6 in the huffman game, Huffman scored how many on yall 30? BC took you to OT and BH handeled them they next week. you figure it out. DO I have to ex[plain every thing to you guys. THINK

Isn't huffman your rival school? Those games are normaly supost to be high scoring. You lost by one, we lost by 2. You lost your game in the first half, our game was lost in the last 12 seconds.

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Hmm.... Only one player had any passing yards. Two combined for all of the rushing yards. What did the second and third team do?

Nothing thats the point. BH was up 42-6 at the half. Early in the third our third string QB came in. You dont have to beleive me if you would like me to get you the stats for the game I can.

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Supertilley
Isn't huffman your rival school? Those games are normaly supost to be high scoring. You lost by one, we lost by 2. You lost your game in the first half, our game was lost in the last 12 seconds.

We had 6 fumbles and 2 ints that game. It was a horible night for the Eagles. Huffman won the game they played well against us that night.

Supertilley
09-12-2005, 01:26 PM
our game was lost in the last 12 seconds.

And we damn near ran the kickoff back with 12 seconds left to win.

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 01:26 PM
And how many did we score on Huffman?

Not enough :D

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 01:29 PM
And we damn near ran the kickoff back with 12 seconds left to win.

But ya didn't :D I.m just messing with yall. Its just comical that I heard all of this stuff last year and WOS did not live up to the hype. When they do I will respect WOS and eat all the crow I can eat. Jasper did this same thing.but they have proved thier selfs. Jasper made a believer out of me last year.

Supertilley
09-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Ok so yeah, B-H had a better record than wo-s last year. Put jasper, nederland, and baycity all in their predistrict last year and the tables would have been turned. BTW, at least we got some kind of championship last year. What place did you guys finish in?

Pigskin 2004
09-12-2005, 01:36 PM
It seems to me that all you barbers hill billies want to talk about is our first round loss last year. Yet when we even mention the success our program has had you say "stop talking about the past" and "stop living in the past" and "this is 2005". Yet all you do is talk about the past. Will you please make up your mind here. I am getting very confused about what we are allowed to say on this s**** board where people just get hammered all the time. And while I am at it. Why in the hell do you bh people always start topics about other teams and never your own, just a thought??

grow up.

Watch your language! lhpm

bulldogbark
09-12-2005, 01:36 PM
I guess their mouth will get BH were they belong again this year. I just dont recall them at the end?:(

wos fan1
09-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Kind of like yall last year :D That was last year Homes!

wos fan1
09-12-2005, 01:45 PM
But ya didn't :D I.m just messing with yall. Its just comical that I heard all of this stuff last year and WOS did not live up to the hype. When they do I will respect WOS and eat all the crow I can eat. Jasper did this same thing.but they have proved thier selfs. Jasper made a believer out of me last year. We will to. Just behave now. We may not do well the next 2 weeks but we'll get better when our Defensive guys get back.

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 01:46 PM
It seems to me that all you barbers hill billies want to talk about is our first round loss last year. Yet when we even mention the success our program has had you say "stop talking about the past" and "stop living in the past" and "this is 2005". Yet all you do is talk about the past. Will you please make up your mind here. I am getting very confused about what we are allowed to say on this s**** board where people just get hammered all the time. And while I am at it. Why in the hell do you bh people always start topics about other teams and never your own, just a thought??

grow up.

Dito I find that its funny that WOS wants to bring up the past only when its convienant.

wos fan1
09-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
I guess their mouth will get BH were they belong again this year. I just dont recall them at the end?:( Wait until BH goes 4A next year.....:eek: :D

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 01:47 PM
We will to. Just behave now. We may not do well the next 2 weeks but we'll get better when our Defensive guys get back.

I do beleive you will WOS does have a lot of talent in that area.

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Wait until BH goes 4A next year.....:eek: :D

I know I wish it was in East Texas so we can win like yall did :D

wos fan1
09-12-2005, 01:51 PM
I guess it will be Huffman, BH, Dayton, Crosby, CE King in that 4A district next year...

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 01:54 PM
I guess it will be Huffman, BH, Dayton, Crosby, CE King in that 4A district next year...

Thats what I'm hoping, but you never know what the UIL is going to do, I hope they dont ship us to the Lamarqe, Texas City, Friendswood district. BH would do much better in the Dayton district. Next year BH should do well and compete in 4A after that who knows.

Pigskin 2004
09-12-2005, 01:56 PM
And I resent the remark about losing everyone to grades. Is that a racially motivated statement. Are you saying that kids at WO-S are dumb? How many times have you been in the school and sat down and listened in one of the classrooms? How many did we lose to grades last year? Sorry we are not the rich little preppy school that bh is. Ya'll are better than us all around. We can do nothing to help it. I'm sorry that we are not up to ya'lls standards. We have no room to talk, ya'll have a better football team. Congratulations. Now can you leave West Orange-Stark people alone and concentrate on your team? The stuff ya'll say to put people down is ridiculous and the only posts I have seen where WO-S people get on bh is when the **** is started by bh people, so yes, the Mustangs we are, we are going to retaliate!

duckbutter
09-12-2005, 01:57 PM
:eek:

spiveyrat
09-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Me thinks we're about to lose someone. :doh:

Pigskin 2004
09-12-2005, 02:04 PM
we should lose someone who makes racially motivated statements. I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight if they give me the boot!!:rolleyes: :clap: :clap: :clap:

spiveyrat
09-12-2005, 02:08 PM
What was racially motivated?

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 02:09 PM
we should lose someone who makes racially motivated statements. I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight if they give me the boot!!:rolleyes: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't know why he made the post, but it's best not to play the race card.

Supertilley
09-12-2005, 02:10 PM
I know I wish it was in East Texas so we can win like yall did :D

Please! 20-4A maybe down this year, but really do you think it was a cake walk all of them years? Beside even if you go 4A, you will still have a cream puff predistrict to pad your record. I hope you go 20-4A, come district time it's tooth and nail. Two district losses like you had last year and you don't make the playoffs! B-H is not ready for 4A. I am not talking about the vidor and dickingson teams that you think are the real 4A. Ennis, CCC, LM, if you get that far.

Pigskin 2004
09-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Tell Jody that? On the first page of this thread he made the post "Will WO-S have enough players left due to grades when the playoffs roll around"
What else would he be talking about?

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Please! 20-4A maybe down this year, but really do you think it was a cake walk all of them years? Beside even if you go 4A, you will still have a cream puff predistrict to pad your record. I hope you go 20-4A, come district time it's tooth and nail. Two district losses like you had last year and you don't make the playoffs! B-H is not ready for 4A. I am not talking about the vidor and dickingson teams that you think are the real 4A. Ennis, CCC, LM, if you get that far.
4A will be tough I think we will do ok in district ant make the playoffs. No way is BH ready for the list of teams you put out but who is?

spiveyrat
09-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Sorry, that's not a racial comment. You can think it is all you want. But, you cannot determine what he was thinking or implying when he wrote that post.

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Tell Jody that? On the first page of this thread he made the post "Will WO-S have enough players left due to grades when the playoffs roll around"
What else would he be talking about?

Yeah I read it, but you got to give hime the benifit of the doubt that he wasn't being racist. I let him explain it for himself.

Supertilley
09-12-2005, 02:21 PM
4A will be tough I think we will do ok in district ant make the playoffs. No way is BH ready for the list of teams you put out but who is?

I don't know.....Maybe southlake could take em....:p

Supertilley
09-12-2005, 02:24 PM
I don't know.....Maybe southlake could take em....:p

But for sure wo-s could take them all at the same time. :smoker: j/k

Pigskin 2004
09-12-2005, 02:24 PM
I would expect nothing less from Jody though!!

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 02:30 PM
But for sure wo-s could take them all at the same time. :smoker: j/k

Well of course :clap:

wos fan1
09-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Let's just move on!!:)

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2005, 02:39 PM

That's a very good idea.

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 02:45 PM

Ok now where were we :thinking: oh yeah we were talking about how much better BH is than WOS. JK JK :D

Jody
09-12-2005, 03:12 PM

I hope so friend. Dayton was always a rivalry when I was in school.

What was this thread about anyway :D

Jody
09-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
What was racially motivated?

Who knows what he is talking about. Just looks good for them to start that ball rolling.

By the way, how about them Astros.

3rdone
09-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Actually, a blind hog could have stopped that mess. I can't even imagine why someone with 4.4 or 4.5 speed would loose 10 yards instead of gaining 30. That was the most dumb mess I have ever seen a team do. You notice once they stopped doing that their field position greatly improved.

you just absolutely hate WOS....why?

Gobbla2001
09-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Gobbla,
You were seeing things I looked at Bay City roster and they also had an average line, they just look so big because WOS was so small. And you said the refs made good calls? Did you see that one push off when WOS went up 21-7? The WOS reciever shoved the guy so hard he went back 2 yards as the ball dropped in the receivers hands.

Yah, I saw it... the defender and receiver were battling each other... I remember turning to Old Green and saying "Good no-call, both players could have been guilty on that one"...

The refs let 'em play...

Gobbla2001
09-12-2005, 08:11 PM

Once they stopped doing it? They only stopped doing it once, then they did the other thing... were you at the same game I was at or is your hatred for WO-S just clouding your mind right now?

I think you hate WO-S more than you love Barbers Hill...

AND BTW, hearing a Cuero person talk like that toword WO-S makes you excited? The feeling is mutual the way you discuss West Columbia... you have got to get out and see more teams...

WOS92
09-12-2005, 09:08 PM
I think you hate WO-S more than you love Barbers Hill...

There's no doubt about it! :clap:
It's a little pathetic.

WOS1
09-13-2005, 12:08 AM

You know Gob, it's funny, but I bet I could go watch a Cuero game and come away with a very objective view of the results just like you did. I bet a Jasper fan would to. It's the "posers", you know, the guys who go 10-1 or 9-2 EVERY year, that play NOBODY in the preseason and run up these gaudy stats and try to impress people who know better that are bitter and sooooo critical. What they don't understand is that, people who know the game can pick out folks like this and know that the only reason they try to bring TRUE powers down is because, in their feeble little minds, it somehow makes their team better. In actuality, it only leads to more frustration in the end when they, once again, realize that their critiquing and running down of other teams was nothing more than a pipe dream and that their crusades against weaklings did nothing to prepare them for the wars that really matter, the wars that the TRUE powers know of.

TRUE powers get prepared, posers play for that 3-0 record at the beginning of district, we'll see which one is the better for it come December.

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
You know Gob, it's funny, but I bet I could go watch a Cuero game and come away with a very objective view of the results just like you did. I bet a Jasper fan would to. It's the "posers", you know, the guys who go 10-1 or 9-2 EVERY year, that play NOBODY in the preseason and run up these gaudy stats and try to impress people who know better that are bitter and sooooo critical. What they don't understand is that, people who know the game can pick out folks like this and know that the only reason they try to bring TRUE powers down is because, in their feeble little minds, it somehow makes their team better. In actuality, it only leads to more frustration in the end when they, once again, realize that their critiquing and running down of other teams was nothing more than a pipe dream and that their crusades against weaklings did nothing to prepare them for the wars that really matter, the wars that the TRUE powers know of.

TRUE powers get prepared, posers play for that 3-0 record at the beginning of district, we'll see which one is the better for it come December.

Thats alot of big words there son, I bet your head hurt after that one. TRUE POWERS yall are such a joke. What happened to the TRUE POWER last year and the 3 before that when they didn't even make the playoffs. Yall are killing me with your delusions. Repeat after me "we have a good team not a great team"

WOS92
09-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Those teams went 8-2 and lost on a playoff tiebreaker in a nine-team district. The team before those, by the way, went 15-1. Oh, but I guess that's TOO ancient history, right? We don't want to talk about the past, unless it's convenient for the jealous BH folks. So four years is good. Five years is silly. .WO-S fans are here because we love our team, not because we hate another one. Get a life and find a team that you can love. You hillbillies are pathetic

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Those teams went 8-2 and lost on a playoff tiebreaker in a nine-team district. The team before those, by the way, went 15-1. Oh, but I guess that's TOO ancient history, right? We don't want to talk about the past, unless it's convenient for the jealous BH folks. So four years is good. Five years is silly. .WO-S fans are here because we love our team, not because we hate another one. Get a life and find a team that you can love. You hillbillies are pathetic

Isn't it sad though that you have to go 5 years back to find a team even worth talking about? As some great person said in history " What have you done for me latley"

WOS92
09-13-2005, 11:11 AM
My point is that you were more than happy to go back four, but five is ridiculous. I guess the real question is what has BH done lately - as far as a DEEP playoff run (3 wins)?

2004: lost in round 2
2003: ??
2002: lost in round 1
2001: lost in round 2
2000: lost in round 2
1999: lost in round 3
1998: no playoffs?
1997: no playoffs?
1996: no playoffs?
1995: no playoffs?
1994: no playoffs?
1993: no playoffs?
1992: lost in round 1
1991: no playoffs?
1990: no playoffs?
1989: lost in round 1
1988: lost in round 1
1987: lost in round 1
1986: no playoffs?
1985: no playoffs?
1984: no playoffs?
1983: no playoffs?
1982: no playoffs?
1981: lost in round 2
1980: lost in round 1
1979: lost in round 1
1978: no playoffs?
1977: no playoffs?
1976: 1A state champs

So we have to dip back to 1976, when the team won five playoff games. Our last five-playoff-win season was 2000. Since that time, your team has won more than one playoff game ONCE. So your last team "worth talking about" was in 1976. Those graduating players are 48. No wonder you have to find a team to hate instead of one to love. I kinda feel for you guys.

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 11:21 AM
My point is that you were more than happy to go back four, but five is ridiculous. I guess the real question is what has BH done lately - as far as a DEEP playoff run (3 wins)?

2004: lost in round 2
2003: ??
2002: lost in round 1
2001: lost in round 2
2000: lost in round 2
1999: lost in round 3
1998: no playoffs?
1997: no playoffs?
1996: no playoffs?
1995: no playoffs?
1994: no playoffs?
1993: no playoffs?
1992: lost in round 1
1991: no playoffs?
1990: no playoffs?
1989: lost in round 1
1988: lost in round 1
1987: lost in round 1
1986: no playoffs?
1985: no playoffs?
1984: no playoffs?
1983: no playoffs?
1982: no playoffs?
1981: lost in round 2
1980: lost in round 1
1979: lost in round 1
1978: no playoffs?
1977: no playoffs?
1976: 1A state champs

So we have to dip back to 1976, when the team won five playoff games. Our last five-playoff-win season was 2000. Since that time, your team has won more than one playoff game ONCE. So your last team "worth talking about" was in 1976. Those graduating players are 48. No wonder you have to find a team to hate instead of one to love. I kinda feel for you guys.

Whats the difference if we won in 1976 or 2000 none of those guys are playing anymore. Let me remind you you guys are the ones that think your the best not BH. You have not seen one post on here of BH claiming state dominance. All that I'm saying is WOS does have a good history , but as of the last couple of years you havn't done squat. I'll give yall the year of 2000 but 1999,2001,2002,2003,2004 BH has a much better record. I know its because we play cupcakes and WOS plays all of the state powers.Wah Wah Wah

WOS92
09-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Find my post where I claimed state dominance.

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Find my post where I claimed state dominance.

Did I say Your Post??? I am talking about some of your WOS brothers are on here and all over flapping there jaws. What do you want from me? It's crazy that no one can have an opinion about the mustangs. Do you think that one day every woke up and said " I think I'll hate WOS today" , No !! the hate was developed by people reading stuff from loud mouth fans. It may not be you personally, but its the WOS fan base. Believe me when I say no one is jealouse of WOS, not because they are not good. Some of us just get tired of these 4A drop downs thinking 3A is so easy. That's why it was poetic justic when Huffman took yall out. After a couple of years when WOS starts to realize that these 3A teams are good and that eveyone in the state that is not on the WOS schedule is not a "Cup Cake". Then people will respect WOS more.

WOS1
09-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Thats alot of big words there son, I bet your head hurt after that one. TRUE POWERS yall are such a joke. What happened to the TRUE POWER last year and the 3 before that when they didn't even make the playoffs. Yall are killing me with your delusions. Repeat after me "we have a good team not a great team"

Naw, I can fart posts like that, little boy.

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Naw, I can fart posts like that, little boy.

Thats a visual I didn't want to see :D

Jody
09-13-2005, 11:41 AM

Sounds like a BET to me. BH season ending record against WOS season ending record. Name your bet:

I am not ashame to back my team, are you?

WOS1
09-13-2005, 11:48 AM
If we do it it on a point system based on the power rating of the teams we play, plus points for being a 4A team, and you've got a deal. Put your money where your mouth is.

Say, if you beat a team you get their points for their power rating on that site (I forget the name), but they have a power rating for every team. If you beat that team, you get their power points. Let's also say you get 10 extra points for a 4A team. At the end of the year, the team with the most points collected wins.

Supertilley
09-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah. I will but some buck up for that as well.

Supertilley
09-13-2005, 12:43 PM
Here is the link to that site.

http://www.texasfootballratings.com/

I'm game!

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 12:47 PM
If we do it it on a point system based on the power rating of the teams we play, plus points for being a 4A team, and you've got a deal. Put your money where your mouth is.

Say, if you beat a team you get their points for their power rating on that site (I forget the name), but they have a power rating for every team. If you beat that team, you get their power points. Let's also say you get 10 extra points for a 4A team. At the end of the year, the team with the most points collected wins.

It would be tough to do that knowing we have already beat two 4A teams and have no more on the schedule. the points chage every week so can we acept the current point totals for the teams that we have already played? Also we should deduct 10 points for a 2A team:D

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Also their should be some sort of penalty if you can't cover your spread.

WOS1
09-13-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm cool with deducting 10 points for 2A. As for when the power ratings are collected, we can collect them at the time we beat a particular team. As for the teams we've already played, we can use their power points right now (which can only benefit BH because Bay City and Jaspers will not be anything right now like they were at the beginning of the year). We got a deal or what?? If you guys have just a tough a schedule then you shouldn't be afraid of this bet.

One more thing, this bet goes to the end of the season. If we are ahead and lose in the first round then BH keeps collecting points for every team they beat in the playoffs until they lose. When both are finished, we tally up the points. Well?????

WOS92
09-13-2005, 01:03 PM
It's hard to compare a win vs. Vidor and a win vs. Nederland - or a win vs. Anahuac and a win vs. Jasper. If our schedules were equal, then a straight-up record comparison would work. But in this case, we will have to do a comparison of the final records of our opponents as well.

WOS1
09-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Also their should be some sort of penalty if you can't cover your spread.

What??? No spreads involved, you win, you get the points, period. That's the benefit of playing a tough opponent. If you beat a less powerful opponent and don't get as many points, then that is the price you pay for scheduling a "cream puff". :D

And this is not OUR or YOUR opinion of the power of a team. We have a site to use, so what's the problem?

WOS1
09-13-2005, 01:08 PM
It's hard to compare a win vs. Vidor and a win vs. Nederland - or a win vs. Anahuac and a win vs. Jasper. If our schedules were equal, then a straight-up record comparison would work. But in this case, we will have to do a comparison of the final records of our opponents as well.

92, that's why we use power ratings which is based on a teams record PLUS their strength of schedule which is based on their opponents, opponents.

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 01:14 PM
What??? No spreads involved, you win, you get the points, period. That's the benefit of playing a tough opponent. If you beat a less powerful opponent and don't get as many points, then that is the price you pay for scheduling a "cream puff". :D

And this is not OUR or YOUR opinion of the power of a team. We have a site to use, so what's the problem?

The point spread will tell us if the team has underacheived or not.

Example:

Game 1 WOS was picked to Lose by 8 you won by 6 = 5 point bonus
Game 2 WOS Vs. Nederland there was no pick WOS won by10 = 5 point bonus
Game 3 Yall were picked by 22 and won by 1 = 5 point penalty.

whatcha think?

WOS92
09-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Gotcha, WOS1.

WOS92
09-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Right now I'm just wondering whether Jody will take my bet in the Week 3 Top 25 poll thread.

Supertilley
09-13-2005, 01:19 PM
So what if you lose. To you take away then amout of points for that team?

Points so far for B-H, using points for this week.
Anahauc (0-2) 130.96
Vidor (2-1) 155.56 + 10 = 165.56
Dickinson (0-2) 144.80 +10 = 154.80

Total 451.32

Points so far for wos, using points for this week.
Jasper (1-2) 153.16
Nederland (1-2) 158.45 + 10 =168.45
Bay City (0-3) 157.08 + 10= 167.08

total 488.69

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 02:46 PM
So what if you lose. To you take away then amout of points for that team?

Points so far for B-H, using points for this week.
Anahauc (0-2) 130.96
Vidor (2-1) 155.56 + 10 = 165.56
Dickinson (0-2) 144.80 +10 = 154.80

Total 451.32

Points so far for wos, using points for this week.
Jasper (1-2) 153.16
Nederland (1-2) 158.45 + 10 =168.45
Bay City (0-3) 157.08 + 10= 167.08

total 488.69

I would say no you just don't get any points.

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Ok here is the rules for the bet if everyone agrees.

#1- We will use Jerry's highschool football and his power ratings Jerrys Football (http://www.texasfootballratings.com/)

#2 - If you win your game that week you receive your opponents power rating, which will be added to your point total

#3 - if you lose you receive zero points for that week.

#4 - if you play a 4A team you get a 10 point bonus regarless.

#5 - if you play a 2A team you get a 10 point deduction regarless.

#6 - if you fail to cover your spread for the week you get a 10 point deduction.

#7 - Youre point total will not end untill your season is over, IE playoffs if one goes further than the other.

Following the rules above here is the current totals:

BH = 481.32

WOS =498.69

Now the bet :D Lets not put any money on this,instead I have three things the loser must do.

1.) The loser will have to change his signature on the Downlow to whatever the winner wants.(Following the rules of the downlow of course)

2.) The loser will have to attend the next game of the winner weather it be a playoff game or next year wearing a shirt that the winner will supply.

3.) Losers will be photographed wearing the shirt and posted on the Downlow

If I have any takers lets make it official

eagle.eyes
09-13-2005, 03:32 PM
:smoker:

Hindsight2020
09-13-2005, 03:40 PM
what if he predicted your team to lose and your team wins??? that should be some extra points......

WOS1
09-13-2005, 03:48 PM
No point spreads, it's all about W' and L's. Winning a state title doesn't require you meet a point spread....

Also, after thinking about this, there has to be a reward for the team that actually takes on the more quality opponents. I say that there be a 100 point bonus after the 10 game season for the team with the toughest schedule to that point. This will be assessed AFTER game 10 so it will be based soley on that teams opponents in 2005. There has to be some reward for taking the risk.

Agree to these terms and we have a deal!!

WOS92
09-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Newton is a deduction? Wow.

nexfan
09-13-2005, 03:56 PM
By no means am I trying to get into this golden triangle talk, but who out of wos thinks will win the barbes hill vs. columbia game. That should be there first true test against a good team in the same classification as Barber hill.

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 03:58 PM
No point spreads, it's all about W' and L's. Winning a state title doesn't require you meet a point spread....

Also, after thinking about this, there has to be a reward for the team that actually takes on the more quality opponents. I say that there be a 100 point bonus after the 10 game season for the team with the toughest schedule to that point. This will be assessed AFTER game 10 so it will be based soley on that teams opponents in 2005. There has to be some reward for taking the risk.

Agree to these terms and we have a deal!!

No way we already know that you will get that 100 point bonus. Sounds like you trying to pad your score. I don't know why you don't want point spreads it applies to both teams, I'm confident BH can cover theirs are you afraid WOS can't?

WOS92
09-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I don't know. We have played Columbia a few times, but it was two or three years ago, when we were "no good wash ups" according to the BH folks.

Point spreads don't make a team great. Wins do.

eagle.eyes
09-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Who determines strength of schedule and how? Can't be from past year's performances. Now Newton, that's a different story. And they're definitely not a deduction. But Vidor, BC, & Ned are not as good as were expected.

Hindsight2020
09-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes
But Vidor, BC, & Ned are not as good as were expected.

as of right now. it will probably be a different story at the end of the year.

wos fan1
09-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Your right. When it counts Nederland , BC and jasper will be there!

Supertilley
09-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Look forget the point spread and the tuffer schedule bonus.

You can see it by the point rating of the other team. If you beat a tuff team you get thier big points. If you beat a week team you get their week points. Thats why we got more points for our week2 than bh did.

Just keep it simple.

power points if you win
no points if you lose
+10 for win over 4A
-10 for win over 2A

Keeps it with in reason with no advantage but to the better team.

This week B-H points are worth Diboll (0-2) 136.58

Wos worth Beaumont Central (1-1) 153.68 +10

nexfan
09-13-2005, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WOS92
[B]I don't know. We have played Columbia a few times, but it was two or three years ago, when we were "no good wash ups" according to the BH folks.

Ya'll no good wash ups beat the living daylights out of us. One year I think yall beat us by 30 points in the season opener at Tully Stadium and we went on the the third round of the playoffs eventually losing to state finalist Brenham 50-35. I believe yall went 8-2 and didnt make the playoffs. I was dumbfounded. I have always thought of WOS as a powerhouse no matter what year. As for the Barbers Hill folks, they have all been polite and insightful whenever I talk to them on the d-low. I guess yall have a little beef and thats fine with me but I think highly of both programs.

Supertilley
09-13-2005, 06:03 PM
That one at tully was amazing. I had high hopes that year. Stupid uil with their 9 team district kinda made it to hard.

nexfan
09-13-2005, 06:05 PM
That one at tully was amazing. I had high hopes that year. Stupid uil with their 9 team district kinda made it to hard.

Kerry Franks went off that game. Ona another subject, how do the decide who goes to the playoffs ...lets say if the three third place teams each have 2 losses. Points, coin flip, game, old school penetrations? Enlighten me!

Supertilley
09-13-2005, 06:13 PM
They go off of points. We had 3 teams tie for 2nd.

In 2003 it was so close that the last game decied 2 out of 4 would make it to the playoff. PN-G was in no matter what. But if they lost the last game to ozen. it would be pn-g, ozen and wo-s. If they won it would be png, central, and nederland. Ozen won that game fair and square.....but we all know what happened.

WOS92
09-13-2005, 06:17 PM
In 2002, it was a tie between WO-S, Beaumont Central and Nederland. WO-S was ahead in points because they had beaten Central by more than 30 points. However, when the rules of the points system were examined, it was learned that there was a 17-point cap on each game. In other words, if you won by 17, you got 17 points toward the tiebreaker. If you won by 120, you got 17 points toward the tiebreaker. That proved to be the difference. Oh well, the rules are the rules. Even worse, we lost to Beaumont Ozen by one point that year. Had we not been stopped at the one yard line on three successive plays, we would have won and would have been district champs. Instead we ended up tied for second and stayed home.

WOS1
09-13-2005, 06:23 PM
No way we already know that you will get that 100 point bonus. Sounds like you trying to pad your score. I don't know why you don't want point spreads it applies to both teams, I'm confident BH can cover theirs are you afraid WOS can't?

RBarker, you said on another thread that the BH schedule was as tough as ours and that Dickinson was as good as Bay City (or something of the sort). You also said that we can't judge your schedule this year by how good the teams we've played were in the past, remember... "this is 2005". :thinking: If what you claim is true, then you have just as good a shot at those points as we do since it's done at the end of the 2005 regular season. If you REALLY feel that you haven't set yourself up with an easy schedule I don't see how you could turn down the opportunity for some extra points. Sooooo... how truly commited to your schedule are you? It's time to put up or shut up.:D

In my opinion, if you do not allow the bonus, then your whole argument over the last couple of days is essentially nullified. :eek:

Now, if you still feel like your schedule compares, then why would you want to be penalized for playing a tougher team and not getting ANY points for it, when we are playing nothing but "gimmies" and, while not getting as much for a win against a lesser opponent, we are still getting what they have which will at least be around 140 points. So, should BH be totally screwed for losing against the tougher teams because WO-S is playing weaker teams and getting by?

nexfan
09-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Thats a damn shame. Those were great teams. I graduauted in 2000 and we were 5-5. Pretty average at the least. The previous years we were just awful. Now Columbia has a great team and a bunch of good coaches. I wonder what the score would be if we played this year. Maybe when next years schedule comes out WOS will be on it again, in the mean time good luck with 2005 and I can almost gaurantee you wont have to go through the points situation this year.

WOS1
09-13-2005, 06:31 PM
They go off of points. We had 3 teams tie for 2nd.

In 2003 it was so close that the last game decied 2 out of 4 would make it to the playoff. PN-G was in no matter what. But if they lost the last game to ozen. it would be pn-g, ozen and wo-s. If they won it would be png, central, and nederland. Ozen won that game fair and square.....but we all know what happened.

Not to mention we were the ONLY team to beat PNG that year, they finished the season 9-1.

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 06:37 PM
RBarker, you said on another thread that the BH schedule was as tough as ours and that Dickinson was as good as Bay City (or something of the sort). You also said that we can't judge your schedule this year by how good the teams we've played were in the past, remember... "this is 2005". :thinking: If what you claim is true, then you have just as good a shot at those points as we do since it's done at the end of the 2005 regular season. If you REALLY feel that you haven't set yourself up with an easy schedule I don't see how you could turn down the opportunity for some extra points. Sooooo... how truly commited to your schedule are you? It's time to put up or shut up.:D

In my opinion, if you do not allow the bonus, then your whole argument over the last couple of days is essentially nullified. :eek:

Now, if you still feel like your schedule compares, then why would you want to be penalized for playing a tougher team and not getting ANY points for it, when we are playing nothing but "gimmies" and, while not getting as much for a win against a lesser opponent, we are still getting what they have which will at least be around 140 points. So, should BH be totally screwed for losing against the tougher teams because WO-S is playing weaker teams and getting by?

I still do think that Dickinson would give Bay City a run for their money. I can't depend om mathmatical fromulas to decide who has the tougher schedule. You would get the 100 point because the mathmatical equation used to operate that board gives you an atvantage because the teams you played were ranked so high at the begining of the year that there power rating will fall very slowly not givin an acurate determination of strenght. Some teams match up differetly like last year BC beat Kirbyville then BH beat BC. Last year BH had an high Power rating than Kirbyville and we know what happened.

WOS1
09-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Power ratings are adjusted after every game. If Bay City goes 0-10 and Dickinson goes 7-3, there is no doubt Dickinson will have a much better power rating.

RB, are you doing the old "Texas Two Step" here?:p

nexfan
09-13-2005, 06:45 PM
I sincerely believe that you should schedule the toughest schedule possible for your team if you think they have a shot at a deep playoff run in the two years you have scheduled. Regardless who wins or loses the outcome makes for a better and more experienced football team. If you want to schedule weaker teams so you can win a few games thats fine too but it will haunt you come playoff time...if you make it. All of this talk amongst who is better than who, based on who you have played means nothing. We played Wharon last year and beat them by 23. Cuero played them and won by1. If you go by this formula West Columbia should have won by 22 against Cuero. We lost by 14 when it really counted. Thats what you need to be focusing on. When it really counts.

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 06:46 PM
Look forget the point spread and the tuffer schedule bonus.

You can see it by the point rating of the other team. If you beat a tuff team you get thier big points. If you beat a week team you get their week points. Thats why we got more points for our week2 than bh did.

Just keep it simple.

power points if you win
no points if you lose
+10 for win over 4A
-10 for win over 2A

Keeps it with in reason with no advantage but to the better team.

This week B-H points are worth Diboll (0-2) 136.58

Wos worth Beaumont Central (1-1) 153.68 +10

This is tempting. I just added up the power ratings for the rest of both teams opponents. If nothing were to change(I know they will) and BH and WOS remained undefeated WOS would have a 59 point lead going into the palyoffs. So for me to win WOS would have to lose one game and we go undefeated or BH would have to advance on more round in the playoffs than wos.

Watcha thing WOS? I'm not completely sold yet , I Still like the point spread competition.

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Power ratings are adjusted after every game. If Bay City goes 0-10 and Dickinson goes 7-3, there is no doubt Dickinson will have a much better power rating.

RB, are youthe old doing "Texas Two Step" here?:p

What if we lowered the bonus to 25?

WOS1
09-13-2005, 06:56 PM
The thing is, all the ratings will change by the end of the year. So the team that truly has the tougher schedule will benefit.

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 07:05 PM
The thing is, all the ratings will change by the end of the year. So the team that truly has the tougher schedule will benefit.

I understand how the board works, but I dont agree with the final power ratings. I have been following this board along with other power rating boards for a while and they do not accurately place the power ratings on the teams at the end of the year. Example if Tarkington won the rest of its games and Jasper lost the rest of theirs who do you think would have the higher poer rating? It would probally be Jasper because they were ranked high at the begining and Tarkinton was ranked low.

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Ok I have offered several different senarios and you keep on harping on one. Its time to put up or shut up!! I'll stay on here till 8:00 then the bet is off. I will be out of town the next couple of days and will not be able to access the downlow.

whats it going to be? Big boy

RBARKER
09-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Ok no takers? I'm getting off now talk to yall this weekend.

I'm out

Supertilley
09-13-2005, 08:05 PM
I will take you on. but with no point spread and no bonus. Its all for fun anyway

eagle.eyes
09-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Dang Barker, are you crawfishing? That was quick!

WOS1
09-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Dang Barker... we can't all stay on this board 24/7. I'll take you up on that with the 25 point bonus. Obviously, you don't feel nearly as strong about your schedule as you would have everyone believe. You know what they say, talk is cheap...

Supertilley
09-13-2005, 10:58 PM
How does the 25 point bonus work?

Jody
09-14-2005, 06:21 AM
How does the 25 point bonus work?

Was it for playing 4-A teams? I think it was a deduction for 2-A teams as well. Just based off what little I know about this set-up.