PDA

View Full Version : Record Breaker

NateDawg39
09-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Last year Decatur broke a 40 or 50 year old record of most points scored in the regular season, they beat it by six and i think they scored 540 points. Can anyone break it this season. Or has anyone showed that they will blow out a lot of people this year?

District303aPastPlayer
09-12-2005, 01:12 AM
Sinton is already at 125 through 3 games...

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-12-2005, 02:10 AM
lw is 174 through 3. so far judging from the other thread they may be able to come close to this, depending on the score of the decatur game, the last game of regular season. well have to see.

NateDawg39
09-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Decatur was able to break it by averaging 62 points a game in district. I think Sinton can get very very close in a short time.

mustang68
09-12-2005, 11:59 AM
What is the point in slamming another team by running up a score? To me it shows poor sportmanship unless the other team is scoring just as many, or you are playing six-man football.

NateDawg39
09-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Well when your 2nd and third string put up points what can u do. Oh yeah sometimes we would put people in positions they never played so dont start on poor this or bad that unless u know the whole story.

handNthedirt
09-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
lw is 174 through 3. so far judging from the other thread they may be able to come close to this, depending on the score of the decatur game, the last game of regular season. well have to see.

you won't be playing the likes of Venus and Glen Rose again until next season...things are about to change around those parts.

mustang68
09-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Well when your 2nd and third string put up points what can u do. Oh yeah sometimes we would put people in positions they never played so dont start on poor this or bad that unless u know the whole story.

If you are running your third string right up the middle and still scoring your need to stop playing 1A schools and get some competition. We have been at 35-0at half time for three straight games, and managed to let teams leave with their dignity.

NateDawg39
09-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Would you call people like Gainesville, Wylie, Graham, Fort Worth Dunbar and Lake Worth 1A schools bud? If your gonna post then get your facts straight about who is played, Oh and what would you rather us do, run it up the middle or pass the ball every play in the fourth quarter? I think you should do some research before you put people down.;)

mustang68
09-12-2005, 12:22 PM
You missed the point I was trying to make. Sorry for my inablity to use the English language.

Gobbla2001
09-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Having your first string QB throw a bomb down the field with less than a minute on the clock is running up the score... unless it's the first game...

#1, most coaches go into their earli pre-district games with a set game-plan... doesn't matter if it's 50-0, he's gunna run his game-plan...

#2, the second stringers may just be that good... and even if they aren't, the second stringers who are going in want to score too, and their coaches know that... These second stringers get beat up by the first stringers every day of the week until Friday and they wanna go out there and feel what it is like to score too... in this situation, if you wanna leave that field with your dignity, make your players stop the other team's second string...

BTW.... Cuero score 697 points in 1987... but that's playoffs included, 16-0...