PDA

View Full Version : The REAL Region II game of the week: Madison vs. Lincoln

JR2004
09-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Nothing against any of the folks from Gilmer as I fully believe that the Gilmer-Daingerfield game that will be coming up should be the game of the week for that week, but the game against Paris is not the Region II game of the week and it's not even close.

That, in my opinion, should go to the 2pm Saturday match-up of Madison vs. Lincoln at the new Kincaide Stadium in the game known as the "SOUTH DALLAS SUPER BOWL". These two schools have a rivalry that goes back to when both played in the PVIL I believe and the two schools are separated by no more than 2 miles in South Dallas. This game amounts to a neighborhood brawl as Pearl C. Anderson is the feeder middle school for both Madison and Lincoln. These kids grew up playing on the same teams and once a year they get to play for neighborhood bragging rights. Last year all that separated Madison from the 4A state finalist Purple Tigers was a missed extra point in the 21-20 loss. If you've never been to a Madison-Lincoln game then you probably don't realize how heated the rivalry is between the two schools and why this game is so big. Throw in the fact that Madison's head coach and offensive coordinator are both graduates of Lincoln and the game is all the more intriguing.

As I said it's nothing against Gilmer vs. Paris, but this game is easily a bigger match-up for this week for the region. I could be called a homer for thinking this game is bigger, but I guess this is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth.

lostaussie
09-11-2005, 09:19 PM
that in my opinion is not a homer reply. that is a reply from someone who knows good football.

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2005, 09:25 PM
I'm certain this will be a very good game. Not being that familiar with Region II teams, I had Madison last week. Just trying to spread it around. :)

lostaussie
09-11-2005, 09:31 PM
and a fine job you are doing!!!!!!

MontyPython
09-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
that in my opinion is not a homer reply. that is a reply from someone who knows good football. I agree, that is the most logical thing I have read on here in a good while.

Matthew328
09-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Gilmer-Paris will get real ugly....much like last year...Paris is terrible.....wish I could make that Lincoln-Madison game!

GreenMonster
09-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Sounds like a winner to me.