PDA

View Full Version : Key players

The One
09-25-2002, 11:36 PM
Bfan, Slpy and others beside the obvious ie Daughtery who do you think will need to step up and make a difference this week for us to win. WE know they are keying in on Krebbs and Daughtery.

BportFan
09-25-2002, 11:39 PM
Krebs will get his 100yds. Look for Nichols, Young, and Martinez to have big games. I like Martinez because he runs hard and is a reliable receiver.

slpybear the bullfan
09-25-2002, 11:39 PM
Martinez will have to make the big plays this week when the ball comes his way.

ALL THREE linebackers better have their A game. I think the same goes for the corners. G'ville has a tall fast receiver who might work on 'em a little.

Another key area will be the O-Line. If they play tuff then look out.

What do you think One?

slpybear

BportFan
09-25-2002, 11:41 PM
It would not suprise me to see the entire defense play better. Hopefully we can force or get some turnovers.

The One
09-25-2002, 11:43 PM
I think as posted earlier in the week Nichols and Young will have big games. I agree with Bfan, Krebbs will get his yards and when he gets the ball look for him to punish somebody. My big concern is on defense. We have lost some key players, ie LB. I hope that they can gel quickly as a unit and not give up the big plays. Bend but not break.

TwoBRockin
09-25-2002, 11:44 PM
With the speed that Gville has I hope the ones in the hands from PD don't go to the ground. He will have to have a quick delivery and the Recievers need to handle the ball better this week......

BullsFan
09-26-2002, 06:55 AM
As others have said, I'll go with Nichols and Young. They're going to have to step up to the plate and split the offensive threat, or else all G'ville has to do is contain our passing game. Not that that's an easy thing to do, but I sure would like to see them have to worry about our run.

I think our D will have to have a big game too. I think they can do it, but I sure would be reassured if I knew Coach Hart was still on the sidelines. (Not that I doubt this year's coach--I don't even know who it is. But there was just something reassuring about Coach Hart...)

The One
09-26-2002, 04:35 PM
Yeah Bullfan it was always nice to have the drill sergeant on the sidelines. I miss all the yelling and screaming and chewing ___. Oh well I guess we could go watch Chico next week!

bigbullbacker
09-26-2002, 08:28 PM
I believe special teams will be the key, keep Gainsville inside the 30 hopefully.
I believe the Defense is better this year under fitzhugh at this time than we were last year under Hart....Not taking anything away from last years team, they came up big in big cames for us....On offense they need to come out strong make the catches,protect the ball and PD......GOOOOOOOO BULLLLLLS

BullsFan
09-26-2002, 08:31 PM
TheOne, does Chico play next week? I thought all the teams in Wise County had byes except for Northwest.