PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Hiesman Winner

wannabgobbler08
09-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Based on the first 2 weeks performances, I'ma say it's between Vince Young and Adrian Peterson. What do yall think?

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2005, 07:07 PM
I haven't seen enough to be able to vote, but imo 2 weeks isn't enough time to determine, particularly if you're putting Peterson out there. He's a great player, no doubt, but didn't have a good game against TCU.

schu1213
09-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Whoever voted for Mcneil should be kicked in the teeth

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 07:19 PM
peterson did good against tulsa, but a 52 yard performance against TCU's iffy defense is not exactly ringing my bell, plus the reason that he got so much press last year is that white was so helpful with him....bomar and the other guy aren't helping him out

wannabgobbler08
09-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
Whoever voted for Mcneil should be kicked in the teeth

I bet it was AggieJohn!!

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by wannabgobbler08
I bet it was AggieJohn!! http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/miscllns/cuffs.gif
caught!

but who were the other two, tamugrad and russ?

big daddy russ
09-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Adrian Peterson? I'd say Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, VY and guys nobody on this board are talking about are the frontrunners. I'd put Laurence Maroney, Chris Leak (tentative) and Omar Jacobs with the other three. I'd also keep an eye on ND's Brady Quinn, VaTech's Marcus Vick, LSU's JaMarcus Russell and Georgia's DJ Shockley. If Notre Dame finishes with one loss or less, I bet the award goes Quinn.

big daddy russ
09-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/miscllns/cuffs.gif
caught!

but who were the other two, tamugrad and russ?
I voted for Leinart.

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
If Notre Dame finishes with one loss or less, I bet the award goes Quinn.
with USC and Tennessee still on the docket, that's a long shot

big daddy russ
09-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
with USC and Tennessee still on the docket, that's a long shot
Maybe, but both travel to South Bend. The only tough road game they have left, if I remember correctly, is Purdue... and West Lafayette ain't exactly what I'd call a great homefield advantage in this game.

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 07:46 PM
true, but i always have been a doomsdayer about that team for some reason, don't know why

i wonder if they have peaked to early

Old Tiger
09-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Wait till week 8 or 9 and I'll give my early prediction then the championship week I'll give my final prediction

systemofaflamer
09-11-2005, 07:55 PM
the poll is rather ridiculous because the majority of EVERYONE on this site is from texas, therefore they are either gonna vote for the overrated radio (vy) or reggie. Which both are wrong at this point. But I do like what russ had to say on the peeps that were not listed on the list. Very intelligent post.

JasperDog94
09-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by systemofaflamer
the poll is rather ridiculous because the majority of EVERYONE on this site is from texas, therefore they are either gonna vote for the overrated radio (vy) or reggie. Comparing Vince Young to "Radio" just shows your intelligence. Please do us all a favor and keep your ignorance to yourself.:rolleyes:

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Comparing Vince Young to "Radio" just shows your intelligence. Please do us all a favor and keep your ignorance to yourself.:rolleyes:

everyone has some sort of name they nickname players to badger them....they are used in fun.....i remember they used to call major applewhite, my favortie UT qb ever, private applesauce

luckily for Reggie, nothing rhymes, nor does he have the apprearance of any other person....but i do want to know if anyone has heard of bad nick names for reggie...i know they call him skinny ankles sometimes

Keith7
09-11-2005, 08:08 PM
HOMERS

systemofaflamer
09-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Comparing Vince Young to "Radio" just shows your intelligence. Please do us all a favor and keep your ignorance to yourself.:rolleyes:

AND yet again aggie john is correct. You should check up on your intelligence yourself, because on all rivals boards ole vy is called that by most everyone and most "intellectual" t.u. fans call REGGIE...regge "wee ankles" mackneel. So please just simply hush. and I do have intelligence because what russ said is RIGHT about the other contenders for heisman.

JasperDog94
09-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by systemofaflamer
t.u. Here we go again this year...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hata_hurta06
09-12-2005, 09:09 AM
V. Young enuff said

JasperDog94
09-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
HOMERS Then tell us, oh wise one, who your pick is.

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 11:14 AM
i know we are all from texas so of course young or mc neal will be picked on this poll...but come on lets get serious....leinhart and bush and usc are in a totally different league with everyone else...one of those two will get the heisman no doubt

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Then tell us, oh wise one, who your pick is.

he probably isnt stupid and he picked last year heisman winner....lets get seriuos here jasperdog the reason this poll is so lopsided is because everyone is in cuero...i myself am a v young and longhorn fan but lets get real here...usc with leinhart and bush are in a totally different league than everyone else right now

big daddy russ
09-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
i know we are all from texas so of course young or mc neal will be picked on this poll...but come on lets get serious....leinhart and bush and usc are in a totally different league with everyone else...one of those two will get the heisman no doubt
As of right now I'd say you're right, but there are just so many players out there and so many things that can happen between now and December. A lot of it has to do with how a team plays.

In the 1999 football season, Ron Dayne started out horrible and everyone wrote him off. On the other side of the spectrum there was a guy that nobody had heard of, a redshirt freshman quarterback named Mike Vick. The frontrunners early in the season were Peter Warrick, a WR out of FSU, Drew Brees, the Purdue QB, and Joe Hamilton, Georgia Tech's QB.

By the time the season was over, Ron Dayne was the new NCAA rushing leader and finished the year as the Heisman winner. That nobody from VaTech finished third in the ballotting.

I honestly don't see Leinart slipping out of the number one spot. Right now I think USC has a great chance to run the table and if they don't it won't be his fault.

But then again, I thought Joe Hamilton was going to win the Heisman six years ago, then Ron Dayne ran all over the Big Ten and stole it from him.

JasperDog94
09-12-2005, 12:49 PM
he probably isnt stupid and he picked last year heisman winner....lets get seriuos here jasperdog the reason this poll is so lopsided is because everyone is in cuero...i myself am a v young and longhorn fan but lets get real here...usc with leinhart and bush are in a totally different league than everyone else right now I never said that he was stupid. BUT, this same guy cried for a month last year about Cal getting screwed by Texas. What happened? Texas goes on to win a great game against Michigan and Cal gets thumped by Texas Tech. The same Texas Tech that Texas handled pretty well earlier that season. So Keith has little sway with me. I just want to know who he thinks will win.

I will say that anyone will have to have a spectacular year to unseat Leinhart for the Heisman. Bush is great also, but Leinhart is the man to beat.

GreenGobbla
09-12-2005, 12:49 PM
i am goin with bush, becuz like ro tex said he is just in another league compared to all the rest of the nominees

big daddy russ
09-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
i am goin with bush, becuz like ro tex said he is just in another league compared to all the rest of the nominees
As far as an athlete, definitely. But I think there's at least two better RB's right now than Bush. Peterson, for sure, and Laurence Maroney out of Minny. Bush is still number two on my Heisman ballot because he's so versatile and can score in so many different ways, but the fact that he's not a pure RB/not a pure WR/not a pure anything also hurts him against a guy like Leinart.

Black & Gold
09-12-2005, 02:34 PM
He looked very good vs Ohio State!!!

raider red 2000
09-12-2005, 02:52 PM
may i write in the Tech QB?

according to CBS sportsline college fantasy the Tech's QB has 67 fantasy points in 1 game and Vince has 70 in 2 games.

:)

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 02:52 PM
yeah i feel u on all that i personally think leinhart will more than likely get it again....but that would be insane if v young got it...lol

lostaussie
09-12-2005, 03:04 PM
...usc with leinhart and bush are in a totally different league than everyone else right now this has been the only intelligent sentance uttered in this whole thread. unless somebody knocks them off, probably twice, leinhart and bush come in 1,2. just don't know who's 1.

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 03:07 PM
yay for me i said one smart thing for once and someone agreed with me...