PDA

View Full Version : Why is wharton underrated or not respected?

hata_hurta06
09-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Everyone know wharton can play why are they not RESPECTED?

District303aPastPlayer
09-11-2005, 04:28 PM
i know that taft HS can play too, but that doesnt mean i have to respect them..

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Underrated maybe.

Respect doesn't even matter on this board.

District303aPastPlayer
09-11-2005, 04:32 PM
you know what... if you are htat concerned about respect, you go out and beat a couple of top 10 teams... you had the chance to do it once already... no matter the score, a loss is a loss, and Wharton wasnt able to pull it out... so thats why... they dont win in clutch situations thus far into the season...

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Well that would be a way to earn respect.

District303aPastPlayer
09-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Supertilley
Well that would be a way to earn respect.

thank you :)

hata_hurta06
09-11-2005, 05:07 PM
I agree!! i kno you guys think thats weird but im not the only user to use this name...... you guys want it earn it!!!!

44INAROW
09-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by hata_hurta06
kno you guys think thats weird but im not the only user to use this name......

I don't think there has ever been any doubt about that :D :D

sinton66
09-11-2005, 06:06 PM
It's also NOT a very good idea.

crabman
09-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Two years and three games ago Cuero was ranked 89th in the preseason poll and got our butt handed to us in the opener by Rice Consolidated. Since then, we have not lost a regular season game. Wharton beat us on the last play of a playoff game and Abilene Wylie beat us on the last play of the state final game. We are now 26-3 since Reeve came to Cuero. We do it with hustle. We do it while disciplining our kids. We are doing it right. We didn't ask for respect. We have it but we didn't ask for it. Not once. We wouldn't dare. The minute you have to ask, you will never get it. Our coaches do not smoke, drink, or curse in public nor do they allow our kids to.

The fact that respect is even asked for in a post is evidence of why you do not have it. Yet. It may come. Time will tell.

olddawggreen
09-11-2005, 06:41 PM

My experience with Wharton is basicly from the two times Burnet played them in 02 and 03. The pre game hype and trash talking by the Wharton fans was some of the worst that I had seen all year. But both years that is exactly what it was, hype, they failed to even come close to living up to all the bragging, bad mouthing and trash talk that they put out in the weeks before the games with Burnet. Over all, during those years they proved to be highly overrated. I can't speak for last year or even this year, but in 02 and 03 they definatly failed to earn my RESPECT.:(

LogieJoeBean001
09-12-2005, 06:14 AM

Shut up and let the respect be earned ON THE FIELD! You need to respect yourself first and give respect to others, then it will come.

LogieJoeBean001
09-12-2005, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
My experience with Wharton is basicly from the two times Burnet played them in 02 and 03. The pre game hype and trash talking by the Wharton fans was some of the worst that I had seen all year. But both years that is exactly what it was, hype, they failed to even come close to living up to all the bragging, bad mouthing and trash talk that they put out in the weeks before the games with Burnet. Over all, during those years they proved to be highly overrated. I can't speak for last year or even this year, but in 02 and 03 they definatly failed to earn my RESPECT.:(

Don't judge a whole town, team and school by what some over-zealous posters said on this board. They were NOT representative of the town, team or school as a whole. Just goes to show ya a few bad apples can spoil the whole bunch!

Jody
09-12-2005, 06:37 AM

Cuearo, Jasper, and WOS are ranked high every year. Their performance has to be VERY bad to get them dropped anywhere out of the top 10. Maybe Cuero is just over-rated this year and steals the thunder from Wharton?

People should take note of Wharton's play aginst El Campo. El Campo has a good team and an awsome receiver. Let's see how they do against West Columbia, another good team.

scrub c
09-12-2005, 07:27 AM
Wharton will get some this week (or they will never get any) vs 4A Brazosport.

neck_06
09-12-2005, 07:34 AM
Brazosport sucks, Wharton will have the starters out by the start of the 4th

olddawggreen
09-12-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Don't judge a whole town, team and school by what some over-zealous posters said on this board. They were NOT representative of the town, team or school as a whole. Just goes to show ya a few bad apples can spoil the whole bunch!

I agree, you shouldn't judge the whole town and school by what some over-zealous posters said on this board, but unfortunatly my experience with Wharton came through the bad apples and I don't remember any of the "good apples" wading in to represent Wharton. The poster that started this thread asked why Wharton got no respect and I told him why, based on my limited experience with them, they got no respect from me. Thats all I can say about it.:(

LogieJoeBean001
09-12-2005, 10:47 AM
I agree, you shouldn't judge the whole town and school by what some over-zealous posters said on this board, but unfortunatly my experience with Wharton came through the bad apples and I don't remember any of the "good apples" wading in to represent Wharton. The poster that started this thread asked why Wharton got no respect and I told him why, based on my limited experience with them, they got no respect from me. Thats all I can say about it.:(

Well, there are many of us VERY GOOD apples and I was one of them. Maybe you only want to notice or remember the bad and not the good. Some people are like that. I never had anything BUT the utmost respect for Burnet, it's town and program and I always said so, and still do....

olddawggreen
09-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Well, there are many of us VERY GOOD apples and I was one of them. Maybe you only want to notice or remember the bad and not the good. Some people are like that. I never had anything BUT the utmost respect for Burnet, it's town and program and I always said so, and still do....

__________________________________________________ __

POSTED 11/26/2002

LogieJoeBean001
Junior Varsity

Member #: 1009

DAWGfan,

I would like to extend my apologies for any rude behavior on the part of any Wharton fans. I'm not even going to attempt to make any excuses for such behavior because there are none. Thank you for the compliment about the Wharton trainer. I'm proud to say that I know her personally and she is just as remarkable a person off the field as on. Thanks again!

LogieJoeBean001, you are right, I stand corrected, you were there representing your town and your team in a good light. My apolegies for my lapse of memory. I just remembered that it got pretty bad before we played Wharton in 2002, and again in 2003, it is unfortunate that the rudeness of some of your posters back then stuck with me instead of your considerate and thoughtfull post. I will definatly try to keep a more open mind concerning your team in the furture. Best wishes, ODG

lostaussie
09-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Our coaches do not smoke, drink, or curse in public nor do they allow our kids to.
are you guys using gilmers coaches? you are so right. it all starts at the top. when you act right and get your kids to act right, then they start respecting themselves. then the community starts to believe, and soon your surrounding towns see it. thats when you earn your respect. when your kids will do anything for the coaching staff. thats when you get respect. gilmer's coaches asked for volunteers to go to longview the sunday before last to help out at the hurricane shelter. 35 kids went and picked up trash and swept the floors on their own time . nobody made them. they did it out of respect for their coaches. to earn respect i believe you have to respect yourself.

LogieJoeBean001
09-13-2005, 05:51 AM

POSTED 11/26/2002

LogieJoeBean001
Junior Varsity

Member #: 1009

DAWGfan,

I would like to extend my apologies for any rude behavior on the part of any Wharton fans. I'm not even going to attempt to make any excuses for such behavior because there are none. Thank you for the compliment about the Wharton trainer. I'm proud to say that I know her personally and she is just as remarkable a person off the field as on. Thanks again!

LogieJoeBean001, you are right, I stand corrected, you were there representing your town and your team in a good light. My apolegies for my lapse of memory. I just remembered that it got pretty bad before we played Wharton in 2002, and again in 2003, it is unfortunate that the rudeness of some of your posters back then stuck with me instead of your considerate and thoughtfull post. I will definatly try to keep a more open mind concerning your team in the furture. Best wishes, ODG

I know what you mean and remember too. I'm always embarrassed when a few come on here and really act stupid.

By the way, the Wharton trainer that I referred to in that post has now graduated and is doing wonderfully. Our families are very close and she remains, I'm happy to say, a very special part of my life. Her brother played against ya'll this past Friday, #77. A very big young man with a bright future himself. Not only is he an excellent athlete with a true love for the game, but he is an excellent student as well. Don't find a WHOLE lot of players that are both, athlete and honor students.