PDA

View Full Version : Texas Longhorn Fans

Old Tiger
09-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Don't get over excited about the win against Ohio St. Take it one game at a time and cherrish every victory because the BCS lurks and 1 loss could cost us the spot in the National championship game

Astrosdawg07
09-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Don't get over excited about the win against Ohio St. Take it one game at a time and cherrish every victory because the BCS lurks and 1 loss could cost us the spot in the National championship game

True that, Damn the BCS pisses me off at times.

Phil C
09-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
True that, Damn the BCS pisses me off at times.

You and Tiger are right there. Did you see what the poll did to Ohio State. Barely losing to the No. 2 ranked team and Ohio State drops from fouth to nineth place.

MARLINDOGS
09-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Very True.I think they are crazyyyyyyyy sometimes.

vet93
09-12-2005, 09:54 AM
But.....they lost at home....where they have a decided home field advantage....I think that the ranking was appropriate.

Originally posted by Phil C
You and Tiger are right there. Did you see what the poll did to Ohio State. Barely losing to the No. 2 ranked team and Ohio State drops from fouth to nineth place.

CougarPride
09-12-2005, 10:24 AM
if UT can win at Ohio State then this may be their year.....OU's down, the North is down, and they have Tech at home.....I think they will be undefeated going into the A&M game....never know what will happen there

LeonJr
09-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Drink Duff...how you like me now?

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 11:06 AM
you guys are right on that one..the bcs is so retarded...i would like to see a playoff system thrown in but them idiots think the bcs is sooooo cool....honestly even though tcu beat OU i would still be more worried about them than a&m cuz all peterson needs is a few blockers and he will act a fool....but since we do have the stupid bcs i would say texas got more than a quality win IN OHIO STATE....hopefully v young and the boys will keep it up

DrinkDuff
09-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Leon I already posted this on another post, but Mack Brown finally didnt choke a big game after 15 years of coaching. Actually Tressel choked up that game big time. Should of kept the black qb in ( not being racist just forgot his name). TX may be screwed anyways because if more than 2 teams go undefeated they may be left out with the Big 12 being down and the Big 10 being down could lower that Ohio ST win and SOS will get TX.

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by DrinkDuff
Leon I already posted this on another post, but Mack Brown finally didnt choke a big game after 15 years of coaching. Actually Tressel choked up that game big time. Should of kept the black qb in ( not being racist just forgot his name). TX may be screwed anyways because if more than 2 teams go undefeated they may be left out with the Big 12 being down and the Big 10 being down could lower that Ohio ST win and SOS will get TX.

this is what i think...your a def. right about troy smith he was way better qb when he was in for ohio state....but if texas goes undefeated there is no way they will be screwed...this game will look really great on SOS because it was in ohio state...and i believe this will be the only game OHIO STATE will lose so it will help the schedule out and i think OU is goin to start playing really well so when Texas beats them close to the end of the year they will get some points off of that because OU will finish out the year playin way better than they have the first 2 games

mojoman
09-12-2005, 11:47 AM
If you remove the middle initial of th BCS, you get exactly what it is. The PAC 10 doesn't have much either, so you never know.

Phil C
09-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Tiger is right because we have to stay focused one game at a time. We have the talent to do it but we must be careful.

Remember we have 9 tough games to play in the regular season and the teams are tough.

First is Rice on Sept 17 and Rice is always tough. They beat us in 1958 by 34 to 7 to win the SWC (Southwest Conference Championship) and cost us a national championship in 1962 with a 14 - 14 tie.

Then we face Missouri at Missouri and remember we barely beat them in Austin last year 28 to 20.

Oklahoma is next in Dallas. No further comments considered needed.

Then we face Colorado and remember they beat us for the Big 12 Championship in 2001 by the score of 39 to 37.

Texas Tech is next and they have beat us a few times in the past especially in Lubbock. Thank goodness the game is in Austin but we must be careful.

Baylor is next in Waco! :( Remember we barely beat them with a spectacular pass interception in 1963 by 7 to 0 and they beat us in 1974 34 to 24 to win the SWC.

Kansas is next. Remember the scare they gave us last year. Fortunately it is in Austin this year but we must be careful.

Texas A&M is next and the game is at Kyle Field so we will need to be ready for the Aggies who will be tough on their home field. Remember they beat us at Kyle Field in 1999 by the score of 20 to 16 and they also beat us there in 1967 for the SWC when they won 10 to 7 and went on to beat Alabama in the Cotton Bowl.

So we must take it one game at a time and be careful.

BTEXDAD
09-12-2005, 12:34 PM

All it will take is one more victory for Notre Dame and they'll be about third ranked in country. BCS works for them.

JasperDog94
09-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by DrinkDuff
Leon I already posted this on another post, but Mack Brown finally didnt choke a big game after 15 years of coaching. If this was his first time not to choke, then what happened in the Rose Bowl?:thinking: :doh: :doh:

handNthedirt
09-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Until Saturday, Mack and his Horns have been 0-10 against top 10 teams....Michigan was not in the top 10.

Phil C
09-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
All it will take is one more victory for Notre Dame and they'll be about third ranked in country. BCS works for them.

That has always been the case but BTEX if they win all the rest of their games they will deserve it. An interesting game on their schedule is Oct 15 against USC in South Bend. This game will be televised on NBC.

Here is a link to their schedule.

http://und.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/nd-m-footbl-sched.html

Underwater Basketweaver
09-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD

If Notre Dame keeps winning, they will deserve to be ranked in the top five. They always play one of the toughest schedules in the country. They have to.

BTEXDAD
09-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Most definitely I agree, Phil.
They have toughest schedule in country, but going from not being ranked to top ten and jumping ahead of a lot of teams after two games seemed a bit much. I know they move up a lot faster in the polls than they move down.

handNthedirt
09-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Weiss will bring the Irish back to NC contension.

BTEXDAD
09-12-2005, 12:49 PM
i agree with you also, basket weaver.
(See previous post)

JasperDog94
09-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Until Saturday, Mack and his Horns have been 0-10 against top 10 teams....Michigan was not in the top 10. Ohhhhh. I see. So the "Grand Daddy" of the bowls isn't a "Big Game.":hand:

Phil C
09-12-2005, 12:51 PM
We have to remember though that Ty was in this same position three years ago and had great success his first year. This put the pressure on and after two years more he was fired before really having a chance to really develope the talent with his recruiting which also was not bad but may have just needed a little experience. Weiss is a good coach but he is winning with Ty's recruits.

htowntransplant
09-12-2005, 01:06 PM

thats wrong. ohio state will be there come january. its quite a shame that they may not get a shot at the nat. champ, but USC is still the favorite to go along with Texas

handNthedirt
09-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Ohhhhh. I see. So the "Grand Daddy" of the bowls isn't a "Big Game.":hand:

I believe "Grand Daddy" mean it's the oldest, not the biggest...but, I could be wrong.

handNthedirt
09-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Weiss is a good coach but he is winning with Ty's recruits.

That's why Davies was so good, because he had Holtz's recruits, right?

Phil C
09-12-2005, 02:23 PM
That's why Davies was so good, because he had Holtz's recruits, right?

Right on!

handNthedirt
09-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Phil C.....one to many "headers?"

Phil C
09-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Phil C.....one to many "headers?"

I was in agreement with you. :confused: :D

handNthedirt
09-12-2005, 03:17 PM
I was in agreement with you. :confused: :D

I was being sarcastic, Davies wasn't any good at ND....and when he left Aggieland, so did the Wrecking Crew!!!

Phil C
09-12-2005, 03:28 PM
I was being sarcastic, Davies wasn't any good at ND....and when he left Aggieland, so did the Wrecking Crew!!!

Oops!

:(

:D

AggieJohn
09-12-2005, 03:32 PM
i think that the bcs was established for a team like Notre Dame to flourish in...because of their national spotlight contract with nbc...

Phil C
09-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Things were even worse years ago when they didn't have the BCS and bowl games didn't count in the polls. Darrell Royal once said that as long as Notre Dame or a Big Ten Team was undefeated and untied that no one else had a chance at the national championship.

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i think that the bcs was established for a team like Notre Dame to flourish in...because of their national spotlight contract with nbc...

yeah but for once notre dame is actually earning their nbc spotlight this year u gotta admit that

Astrosdawg07
09-12-2005, 07:06 PM
All I know is a play off is coming in my opinion.

jmcgee
09-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Did yall se #25 i forgot his name but he is fast. he looked reall good hes a freshman too.

Astrosdawg07
09-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Did yall se #25 i forgot his name but he is fast. he looked reall good hes a freshman too.

That's Jamal Charles out of Port Arthur Memorial High School. He is a very gifted player.

jmcgee
09-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
That's Jamal Charles out of Port Authur Memorial High School. He is a very gifted player.
He's a very very gifted played.

Diocletian
09-12-2005, 07:53 PM
DONT try to calm down a great win!!!!!

I say keep up the hipe and get it rollin through OK and demolish every other team!!!!!

I want to see a National Championship shot in my lifetime and it's soooooo close I can smell it!!!

jmcgee
09-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian

I say keep up the hipe and get it rollin through OK and demolish every other team!!!!!

I want to see a National Championship shot in my lifetime and it's soooooo close I can smell it!!!
I got a taste of it against Ohio St.

jmcgee
09-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Umm it tastes so good

Pmoney
09-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Umm it tastes so good
HAHA:D

RiverRatDad
09-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Until Saturday, Mack and his Horns have been 0-10 against top 10 teams....Michigan was not in the top 10.

I'm guessing that you are not counting Texas beating (7)Nebraska 20-16, breaking their 47 game home winning streak in 1998. Or maybe not counting Texas beating #6 A&M 26-24 in Austin, in which Ricky Williams broke Tony Dorsett's rushing record. Or maybe not counting Texas 24, (3) Nebraska 20 in October, 1999?

Astrosdawg07
09-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by RiverRatDad
I'm guessing that you are not counting Texas beating (7)Nebraska 20-16, breaking their 47 game home winning streak in 1998. Or maybe not counting Texas beating #6 A&M 26-24 in Austin, in which Ricky Williams broke Tony Dorsett's rushing record. Or maybe not counting Texas 24, (3) Nebraska 20 in October, 1999?

Get him....

PhiI C
09-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian

I understand how Dioc feels. It is great to see your favorite college team win the National Championship. I remember when UT won it in 1963 and 1969 (I don't include 1970 myself because Texas lost to Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl) and it is great. It is great to win it in baseball and swimming and track and other sports but it is extra great in football. It has been over thirty years since UT won the National Championship in football even though they came close twice but I hope they can win at least one more in my lifetime. If not at least I have two. Hopefully some of the younger UT fans can experience it soon.

Astrosdawg07
09-13-2005, 10:17 PM
It's coming soon!