PDA

View Full Version : sinton/beeville

Sinton Pirate#2
09-11-2005, 01:47 PM
any thoughts or predictions about the upcoming beeville and sinton game...

Astrosdawg07
09-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Sinton all way the Way (S)

pirate4state
09-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Sinton Pirate#2
any thoughts or predictions about the upcoming beeville and sinton game... Sosa will pull out every trick in the book!! :rolleyes: If he beats Sinton, his year is made! ;) :p J/K - maybe. :D

Should be a good game! Beeville will want revenge for the thumping Sinton gave them last year and as Phil is always warning us we'll be in their backyard. :eek:

:cheerl: GO PIRATES GO!!! :cheerl:

NHSRattler60
09-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Beeville? Where is Beeville? I've honestly never ever heard of Beeville.

piratebg
09-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Beeville is about 30 miles north of Sinton on Hwy 181, right between Sinton and Kenedy.

sinton66
09-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Beeville is about thirty miles north of us on US181 going toward San Antonio. Beeville will be better than last year, but it's hard to make up 51 points in one off season.

NHSRattler60
09-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Thanks. I've officially learned more from Sinton than Navasota.

piratebg
09-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Sinton 36
Beeville 13

Beeville will come out fired up over last years game, but they will run out of steam early.

gobbler grad
09-11-2005, 03:07 PM
SINTON BY 2 TOUCHDOWNS

TJKristin#54
09-11-2005, 04:36 PM
It's going to be a good game.

District303aPastPlayer
09-11-2005, 04:37 PM
should be good, Sinton by 12 or 18

and tJkr... did you graduate in 2001?

Sinton Pirate#2
09-11-2005, 07:08 PM
i think its gunna be a really good matchup...sosa always has had an obsessive passion for sinton ever since his days in mathis...you could almost say its mitchell vs. sosa lol jk...but beeville is a nasty slot team and the last game against a nasty slot team they had 31 YARDS and that was GP...so it mite not be closer than 4 tds

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Beware of the Howling(?) Trojans... may bust

sinfan75
09-11-2005, 07:35 PM
35 - 7 Sinton.

SintonFan
09-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
35 - 7 Sinton.
Looks good to me. But minus a few PATs.:D
31-7.

robbo93
09-11-2005, 08:32 PM
i think its gunna be a really good matchup...sosa always has had an obsessive passion for sinton ever since his days in mathis...you could almost say its mitchell vs. sosa lol jk...but beeville is a nasty slot team and the last game against a nasty slot team they had 31 YARDS and that was GP...so it mite not be closer than 4 tds

I think it starts when Soza should have been Davenports successor back in 93'

strike hard
09-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Sinton by 21.

Blastoderm55
09-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Beeville's offense is definitely a lot better than G-Ps. Their defense, however, eh. It'll be a somewhat close game of Jojo Garza is able to play through the injury sustained during the Kingsville game, but I'm going with Sinton all the way.

Unfortunately, I'll be sitting on the loser's side. Oh well. Go Trojans!

maroonpirate04
09-11-2005, 11:21 PM
AFTER THE PIRATES COMING OUT OF THE JUNGLE FIGHTING
GREYHOUNDS, WILDCATS, AND BEARS NOW IT THEY ARE GOING INTO UNCHARTED TERRORITY FACING TROJANS I THINK THEY WILL PUT UP A GOOD FIGHT WITH BEEVILLE TO MAINTAIN THEIR RECORD TO 4-0 "PIRATES OF THE GULF-- THE CURSE OF THE NEVERENDING S":D GO PIRATES!!!!!!

sinfan75
09-12-2005, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Looks good to me. But minus a few PATs.:D
31-7. Oh yeah. Iforgot about that.

Vrabird
09-12-2005, 06:10 AM
Seen where Coach Sosa's son (Eric) is playing on varsity this year. He threw a TD pass in Kingsville game last week. I think Beeville will play tough initially, but I think Sinton will wear them down eventually(kinda like last week against West Oso). Sinton38 Beeville 10. Sinton coaches are very good at making adjustments as needed during game if something is not working. Stay focused Pirates and put a another W in the books.

Phil C
09-12-2005, 09:03 AM
Sinton wins by 2 tds in a hard fought game. Remember the game is in Beeville and Coach Sosa's son is a freshman qb ready to take charge which increases the risk. Coach Sosa has always been dangerous against Sinton ever since he went to Mathis. He instills such confidence in his players that they even knock Sinton's great QB Adrian Alaniz (the great UT pitcher) on a widely read newspaper! :eek: Sinton will have a tough time but I have confidence that our players will pull out a tough win against an obvious 4A power that has not been recognized properly.

District303aPastPlayer
09-12-2005, 10:41 AM
I heard that QB Sosa will get the start this week...

pirate4state
09-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
I heard that QB Sosa will get the start this week... :thinking: Who had QB duties in their first 2 games?

Sinton94
09-12-2005, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Phil C
[B] Coach Sosa has always been dangerous against Sinton ever since he went to Mathis. He instills such confidence in his players that they even knock Sinton's great QB Adrian Alaniz (the great UT pitcher) on a widely read newspaper! :eek:

Yeah we can only hope for that kind of inspiration again!:D

Blastoderm55
09-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Soza and Marty Botello have been alternating possessions in the first two games. I guess Soza is getting the nod as starter for this game, but I wouldn't count out Botello as far as taking snaps. The Kingsville guys on the Caller forums have been talking about an injury to one of the QBs, however, but I think they're just referring to JoJo. More than one injury will be hell for this roster of about 20.

Vrabird
09-12-2005, 12:23 PM
How bad did Beeville RB get injured? Just heard that JoJo Garza might not play in Sinton game.

pirate4state
09-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Adults - $6
Students - $3

Tickets are on sale at the administration building until NOON on Friday! :) All tickets General Admission. :( Sure would've liked some reserve seating.

RiverRat19
09-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
All tickets General Admission. :( Sure would've liked some reserve seating.

I was not impressed with the "reserve" seating in Beeville.... and it was only on the home side. Of course, I am not a fan of the stadium, town, or much from Bee Co...... very few exceptions.

Blastoderm55
09-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Vrabird
How bad did Beeville RB get injured? Just heard that JoJo Garza might not play in Sinton game.

Garza got clobbered after punting on Beeville's first series, I believe. I didn't hear anything about him after that, so I'm assuming he was the injured player. His impact was felt against Kingsville. The Trojans got five touchdowns out of him against Robstown, and while its tough to compare his value against a team like Robstown, you can't deny that he is an important part of the team on both offense and defense.

Johnny Utah
09-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Phil!!! Come on Phil!!!!!! I have read alot of your posts, but to say a FRESHMAN QB at 3a or above level is ready to handle the pressure of a Friday night game in a "so called" heated rivalry game is asking a bit too much. Surely Beeville, 4a are they not, has some older players to take over????? Just wondering how many schools are depending on a freshman QB at the 3a or above level to win games!!! That is tough.

AP Panther Fan
09-12-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Just wondering how many schools are depending on a freshman QB at the 3a or above level to win games!!! That is tough.

Not if the coach is your dad and he is the one giving you the nod. :rolleyes:

I think you are absolutely correct. I do not know of many, if any, freshman,that have the experience to lead a team (especially a 4a team).

pirate4state
09-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Not if the coach is your dad and he is the one giving you the nod. :rolleyes:

I think you are absolutely correct. I do not know of many, if any, freshman,that have the experience to lead a team (especially a 4a team). I wasn't living in Sinton at the time, but didn't Adrian as a freshman start at QB?

Blastoderm55
09-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Sure did, even got them to the playoffs. It helped that he had a back like Charles Perry (I think that was his name).

Blastoderm55
09-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Oh wait, it was Marcus Charles.

Though the name Charles Perry rings a bell as well.

Yeah, Charles Perry was the standout from Miller.

RiverRat19
09-12-2005, 03:09 PM
I wasn't living in Sinton at the time, but didn't Adrian as a freshman start at QB?

He also pitched a no-hitter and won 2 games in the CWS as a Freshman (redshirt) for the NCAA Div I baseball champs this year.... Players like that are few and far between.

pirate4state
09-12-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
He also pitched a no-hitter and won 2 games in the CWS as a Freshman (redshirt) for the NCAA Div I baseball champs this year.... Players like that are few and far between. :D I know. I just wasn't sure on his status in 2000 with Sinton football.

Johnny Utah
09-12-2005, 03:20 PM
D1 athletes at the small school level are few and far between. The kid from Beeville, or any other school that starts as a freshman could have D1 potential!!!

RiverRat19
09-12-2005, 03:25 PM
D1 athletes at the small school level are few and far between. The kid from Beeville, or any other school that starts as a freshman could have D1 potential!!!

You are right... I played with a kid who started as a Freshman and he played college ball- at NWSE Oklahoma Tech State.... He would have made it but his tutor couldn't keep doing all his work for him so he became ineligible... :doh:

Johnny Utah
09-12-2005, 03:27 PM
I have only seen 2 kids start as freshman on the varisty and you knew they would be great one day!!! Travis Ortega from Rockdale, played at Rice, tried out for a couple of seasons in the NFL, but could not make it!!!

Sinton94
09-12-2005, 03:31 PM

I guess we'll just have to wait and see on Friday night! I hear he's a decent passer but I don't know that I would want my first start as QB to be against Sinton, Freshman or not. :eek: :eek:

Phil C
09-12-2005, 03:32 PM
In Freer we had a starter in the 70s named Jim Aker who later starred at UT in baseball and in the pros as a relief pitcher. He also won 2nd place in track his senior year in the discus and shot put. When he was a freshman he lettered in five sports all on the main varsity teams in football, basketball, baseball, track and tennis while maintaining a B average in his course load. A great athlete from Freer indeed.

Sinton94
09-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
In Freer we had a starter in the 70s named Jim Aker who later starred at UT in baseball and in the pros as a relief pitcher. He also won 2nd place in track his senior year in the discus and shot put. When he was a freshman he lettered in five sports all on the main varsity teams in football, basketball, baseball, track and tennis while maintaining a B average in his course load. A great athlete from Freer indeed.

Your Right I change my mind! He should play and start in all the above, but go to A&M. :D

Johnny Utah
09-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Was he the starting QB? Did he go to the state track meet as a freshman???

Phil C
09-12-2005, 03:53 PM
It wasn't till he was a junior that he went to state in track even though he won in district. Yes he started as a freshman in football. And in basketball, baseball and tennis.

TJKristin#54
09-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Yeah grad. 2001

Sinton Pirate#2
09-12-2005, 09:19 PM
actually from what i hear...JoJo hurt his ankle but soza decided not to play him the rest of the game so he could be ready for sinton...this games too important for soza to let Garza miss it....i also hear that Sanchez and Goyet are back...the 2 injured starters...with Goyet being back in the picture for sinton, that means giving Collins more rest and running more of the ace...look for him to be a factor this week...as for the freshman quarterback...if i remember the last time soza played his son against sinton we hit him so hard he actually cried...but i do give my props to beeville...they always play us tough and fight hard...theyve always been a tough team and even though the score doesnt show it the games usually are close...look for it to be a really good matchup between these heated rivals

Ranger354
09-12-2005, 10:23 PM

Hey Phil,

In the 70's in Freer didn't everyone play all sports. I mean didn't the cheer leaders have to play in the band and both sides of the football field. I heard they only came out to lead the 2 bits cheer. lol

Just teasing.........

Didn't Freer have that field goal kicking Mule too!!!!!! lol

In all seriousness I think we have an outstanding QB. I met him while my son was playing pee wee basket ball last year. I think it is great that when the Defense is on the field Daniel is the one to get the crowd into rooting for the defense. Thats Character!

crabman
09-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Wasn't Tye Gunn a four year starter for LaGrange? Seems like he mixed a state title in there somewhere and then beat Oklahoma as quarterback of the horned frogs. Of course he turned around and lost to SMU. Oh well, you can't have it all.

maroogreen
09-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I have heard from a source I trust COMPLETELY that little Soza is an unbelievable athlete and by far the most athletic of the Soza kids. Considering his older brother QB'ed Mathis to a state game in '99 as a junior, I'd consider that a decent compliment. There is also a daughter in the family who is a senior and an excellent athlete in her own right.

Will Beeville beat Sinton? Doubt it. Do I wish it were otherwise? Yes.

PhiI C
09-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
Hey Phil,

In the 70's in Freer didn't everyone play all sports. I mean didn't the cheer leaders have to play in the band and both sides of the football field. I heard they only came out to lead the 2 bits cheer. lol

Just teasing.........

Didn't Freer have that field goal kicking Mule too!!!!!! lol

In all seriousness I think we have an outstanding QB. I met him while my son was playing pee wee basket ball last year. I think it is great that when the Defense is on the field Daniel is the one to get the crowd into rooting for the defense. Thats Character!

Actually and this is a major surprise for lots of people but in those years when Jim Acker and his brother Bill and also Steve McMichael played they actually had enough big fast boys in Freer go out football that they had a different offensive and defensive team and very few players if any played both ways.

sinfan75
09-13-2005, 04:45 AM
In Freer we had a starter in the 70s named Jim Aker who later starred at UT in baseball and in the pros as a relief pitcher. He also won 2nd place in track his senior year in the discus and shot put. When he was a freshman he lettered in five sports all on the main varsity teams in football, basketball, baseball, track and tennis while maintaining a B average in his course load. A great athlete from Freer indeed. There was also a guy by the name of Steve McMichael that graduated ftom Freer. We all know how he turned out

pirate44
09-13-2005, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by maroogreen
I have heard from a source I trust COMPLETELY that little Soza is an unbelievable athlete and by far the most athletic of the Soza kids. Considering his older brother QB'ed Mathis to a state game in '99 as a junior, I'd consider that a decent compliment. There is also a daughter in the family who is a senior and an excellent athlete in her own right.

its hard to believe those kids are all grown up. i only remember them as being almost toddler age. wow i feel old.
i dont think this is as important of a game for coach Soza as some tend to believe. it was different when he coached mathis because it was more of a rivalry with a team in his own district and it usually meant playoff and bragging rights. im sure he jsut wants to get through the game without injuries and prepare his team for a tough district schedule. sure, he'd love to win, but i dont think he's preparing his team any differently. and why throw in alot of trick plays for a game that means practically nothing.

Sinton94
09-13-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by maroogreen

Wouldn't want it any other way!:D

RiverRat19
09-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
....i dont think this is as important of a game for coach Soza as some tend to believe. it was different when he coached mathis because it was more of a rivalry with a team in his own district and it usually meant playoff and bragging rights. im sure he jsut wants to get through the game without injuries and prepare his team for a tough district schedule. sure, he'd love to win, but i dont think he's preparing his team any differently. and why throw in alot of trick plays for a game that means practically nothing.

You are probably right.... Beeville has SA Harlandale next week and they will give the Trojans all they can handle, so getting through this week w/o any more injuries and playing well will probably be the focus for this game. The trick plays thing... well, that's a judgement call. Can't save them forever but using them too early will give it away.

pirate4state
09-13-2005, 09:08 AM
i dont think this is as important of a game for coach Soza as some tend to believe. wish you were right, but i really think he has it bad for Sinton. Especially after last year! Not to mention he really wanted that Alice job and for a former Sinton coach to get it over him, the home grown boy...more drama!! :p :D but that is besides the point. ;) :o

sintonmainiac
09-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Soza hates Mitchell with a passion. He wants to beat Sinton so badly he scheduled Beeville's Homecoming game vs Sinton. As far as the two returning starters........Sanchez will shore up the defensive line (he's an animal) and Goyet (tight end) has hands like you have never seen before.

Sinton by 30 (at least)...................

CoolKat
09-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Ranger354
[
In all seriousness I think we have an outstanding QB. I met him while my son was playing pee wee basket ball last year. I think it is great that when the Defense is on the field Daniel is the one to get the crowd into rooting for the defense. Thats Character! [/B]

I think it is great that our QB gets so pumped up, but he needs to worry about what is going on on the field. Getting the crowd going is up to the cheerleaders. Don't get me wrong, Daniel is a great young man. But he has a job and that is to take control of the field not the crowd. :nerd:

pirate44
09-13-2005, 09:43 AM
i didnt realize it was homecoming for beeville. i guess i havent been paying attention. dumb move. but a win could motivate beeville into the rest of the season.

pirate4state
09-13-2005, 09:48 AM
i didnt realize it was homecoming for beeville. i guess i havent been paying attention. dumb move. but a win could motivate beeville into the rest of the season. :eek: WOW, neither did I. It explains alot of things!! ;) :rolleyes:

Phil C
09-13-2005, 09:58 AM
i didnt realize it was homecoming for beeville. i guess i havent been paying attention. dumb move. but a win could motivate beeville into the rest of the season.

It could backfire if Sinton beats them bad especially in front of those exes. I remember when they played us when we went to state some of the Beeville folks were unhappy with their 4A team losing to a 3A team.

Sinton94
09-13-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by CoolKat
I think it is great that our QB gets so pumped up, but he needs to worry about what is going on on the field. Getting the crowd going is up to the cheerleaders. Don't get me wrong, Daniel is a great young man. But he has a job and that is to take control of the field not the crowd. :nerd:

Bad analogy! He plays with emotions and uses it to his advantage! Don't change a thing Daniel!:clap:

pirate4state
09-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
He plays with emotions and uses it to his advantage! Sometimes it works to your advantage. I agree the pumping up the crowd thing should be left to the cheerleaders, but then again that has always been a pet peeve of mine. Football players playing cheerleaders. :rolleyes: The bad thing is that is it all over ... college, pro. :hairpunk:

I think there was once a poll on the DL about how you felt about it. Oh well...everyone is entitled to their opinion. :clap:

AP Panther Fan
09-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Sometimes it works to your advantage. I agree the pumping up the crowd thing should be left to the cheerleaders, but then again that has always been a pet peeve of mine. Football players playing cheerleaders. :rolleyes: The bad thing is that is it all over ... college, pro. :hairpunk:

I think there was once a poll on the DL about how you felt about it. Oh well...everyone is entitled to their opinion. :clap:

Whatever works for the QB and coaches ... as long as he is keeping himself and the team pumped up, he is doing his job.:)

pirate4state
09-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Whatever works for the QB and coaches ... as long as he is keeping himself and the team pumped up, he is doing his job.:) Here are some other opinions (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2616&perpage=15&highlight=cheerleaders&pagenumber=1) . :D

AP Panther Fan
09-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Here are some other opinions (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2616&perpage=15&highlight=cheerleaders&pagenumber=1) . :D

LOL...that was an interesting thread, but I really only saw one post that was against the team motivating the fans. I tend to agree that if it is a close game, each player should have his head in the game and leave the cheering to the cheerleaders and fans...but...and I can't speak for certain...most of the games where your QB turns around, I bet you are ahead about 30 points or some other ridiculous number. :D

He is a senior, let him have some fun!:D

pirate44
09-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Sometimes it works to your advantage. I agree the pumping up the crowd thing should be left to the cheerleaders, but then again that has always been a pet peeve of mine. Football players playing cheerleaders. :rolleyes: The bad thing is that is it all over ... college, pro. :hairpunk:

i think coach Westfall would have given us a size 14 suppository if we were paying attention to the crowd and not the game.

Bandera YaYa
09-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Just my opinion, but if the cheerleaders aren't doing their job, the players may need to hear the crowd, so when a player waves his hands for crowd input, the cheerleaders need to step it up!This is a pet peeve of mine!! Cheerleaders need to not be talking about their plans for after the game, they need to be watching the game..so they will know when they need to get the crowd pumped up! So, if it ain't happening, the player might have to do it......not right, but might be necessary! :D

AP Panther Fan
09-13-2005, 12:07 PM
i think coach Westfall would have given us a size 14 suppository if we were paying attention to the crowd and not the game.

:eek: :eek: :eek: to the size 14 part!:D

pirate44
09-13-2005, 12:09 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: to the size 14 part!:D
im guessin on that one. i think he's around 6'5 or something. so 14 sounded about right. :D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Sinton 48
Beeville 14

Soza makes several mistakes and also shows some flashes of how good he may be.

Over-rated2004
09-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Sinton is OVERRATED

SintonFan_inAustin
09-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Over-rated2004
Sinton is OVERRATED

yea i know we should be rank in lower 50's, Dont know why they have Sinton rank so high:confused: :p

sintonmainiac
09-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Here's another example of Soza's irrational nature when it somes to Sinton.........in addition to scheduling Sinton for their Homecoming, he's going to start his Freshman son against Sinton. Extremely few Freshmen have the ability to succeed playing varsity football. Adrian Alaniz is an example of one Freshman who did succeed, BUT he was (and is) an exceptional athlete (both physically and mentally) AND his offense was designed to protect him from mistakes and injuries. Soza's son is not an exceptional athlete; his father just wants to be able to say his son (as a Freshman) beat Sinton. Sad but true. I truly hope the kid doesn't get hurt.

Phil C
09-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
yea i know we should be rank in lower 50's, Dont know why they have Sinton rank so high:confused: :p

:D

pirate44
09-13-2005, 12:40 PM
and i heard ro_tx_solja is really coach Soza. thats just what i heard. :D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-13-2005, 12:42 PM
and i heard ro_tx_solja is really coach Soza. thats just what i heard. :D

:eek: :D

pirate4state
09-13-2005, 12:54 PM
i think coach Westfall would have given us a size 14 suppository if we were paying attention to the crowd and not the game. :inlove: Coach Westfall!! :) We used to give him fits in class!! :D

pirate44
09-13-2005, 12:56 PM
:inlove: Coach Westfall!! :) We used to give him fits in class!! :D and if ya go to the school website where he is principal, youll see he hasnt changed a bit. he returned my email a few months ago too.

pirate4state
09-13-2005, 12:57 PM
and i heard ro_tx_solja is really coach Soza. thats just what i heard. :D http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gif :clap:

IHStangFan
09-13-2005, 12:57 PM
and i heard ro_tx_solja is really coach Soza. thats just what i heard. :D LOL!!!

Sinton94
09-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Sinton is OVERRATED

AND your basis is???????????????????????????:confused:

SINTON81
09-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Sinton is OVERRATED

Maybe or maybe not, but we'll still play the game just the same. If it's alright with you.

Blastoderm55
09-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by sintonmainiac
Here's another example of Soza's irrational nature when it somes to Sinton.........in addition to scheduling Sinton for their Homecoming, he's going to start his Freshman son against Sinton. Extremely few Freshmen have the ability to succeed playing varsity football. Adrian Alaniz is an example of one Freshman who did succeed, BUT he was (and is) an exceptional athlete (both physically and mentally) AND his offense was designed to protect him from mistakes and injuries. Soza's son is not an exceptional athlete; his father just wants to be able to say his son (as a Freshman) beat Sinton. Sad but true. I truly hope the kid doesn't get hurt.

No, Soza is getting the start because regardless of his status as a freshman, he knows his father's offense better than anyone else. That kid has been on the sidelines since he was 5. If anyone can lead Beeville, its him. I don't think he'll get the victory this year, but it'll be an invaluable learning experience that will help him lead his team into district play.

Johnny Utah
09-13-2005, 03:38 PM
You are correct, experience is always good, no matter the age. How will these schools do in their district races???

RiverRat19
09-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Sinton is OVERRATED

I've said it before, and I'll say it again- being overrated is OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!

44INAROW
09-13-2005, 03:41 PM

:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh I don't think I've ever heard that expression before! Just gotta wonder who the guy is that verifies whether it is a size 12, 14 or 16? OUCH :eek: :eek:

big daddy russ
09-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by sintonmainiac
His older brother did OK for himself. They share the same genes. I think the younger one will turn out alright.

SintonFan
09-13-2005, 04:08 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again- being overrated is OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!
lol
I agree! i think... :confused:

District303aPastPlayer
09-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Go Pirates!

IHStangFan
09-13-2005, 04:23 PM
lol
I agree! i think... :confused: thats because youre over-rated!! :p

SintonFan
09-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
thats because youre over-rated!! :p
sweet... i'm rated.:thumbsup:

SintonFan
09-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Come on Pirates! Take care of those Trojans!!!!!

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8188/SP.gif

pirate4state
09-14-2005, 09:15 AM
2 days to game day and this is all the way on page 3!!! :eek: What is the world coming to? :D

Wonder if Sinton will wear all white on Friday or stick w/ the maroon bottoms & white top? :thinking: :D

pirate44
09-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Wonder if Sinton will wear all white on Friday or stick w/ the maroon bottoms & white top? :thinking: :D
and lets hope they accessorize

District303aPastPlayer
09-14-2005, 03:18 PM
chances are they are going to have to wear all white, because sosa is going to have his team wear all brown, to hide the ball in his slot T offense... or whatever it is they run now...

piratebg
09-14-2005, 03:20 PM
The Trojans will need all the protection they can get.

SintonFan
09-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
The Trojans will need all the protection they can get. :evilgrin: :D

piratebg
09-14-2005, 03:29 PM
chances are they are going to have to wear all white, because sosa is going to have his team wear all brown, to hide the ball in his slot T offense... or whatever it is they run now...

Brown pants may be a very good idea after we beat the............uhmm...........you know what out of them.:D

pirate44
09-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Brown pants may be a very good idea after we beat the............uhmm...........you know what out of them.:D
:clap: :clap:

Sinton94
09-14-2005, 05:46 PM
I hope this game is on a dry field!

pirate44
09-14-2005, 05:47 PM
I hope this game is on a dry field!
i dunno about that. why mess up a good thing?:D

Sinton94
09-14-2005, 06:00 PM
i dunno about that. why mess up a good thing?:D

You maybe on to something, but I think the wet fields were a disadvantage for us! The football must have weighed 20 pounds. It looked Daniel was throwing a shot put instead of a football!

sinton66
09-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Uhm, I believe Beeville's colors are red and white. Not positive though.

piratebg
09-14-2005, 06:10 PM
I believe it is a burnt orange and white.

District303aPastPlayer
09-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Uhm, I believe Beeville's colors are red and white. Not positive though.

they are tennessee orange and white... more tenn than texas if you ask me... so ill call it that... but yeah, they have a brownish orange color

piratebg
09-14-2005, 06:12 PM
It's hard to keep track of how many colors the Trojans have.

District303aPastPlayer
09-14-2005, 06:14 PM
It's hard to keep track of how many colors the Trojans have.

according to rangermom... red isnt one of their most popular colors

piratebg
09-14-2005, 06:22 PM
As far as playing conditons, I think playing on a wet surface will work toward the Trojans advantage, allowing them for quicker, easier penetrations that will allow them to score all night. If it is dry, the Trojans will be in for a rough, painful ride. Scoring will not be easy and they will have to look or other ways to get in.

pirate4state
09-14-2005, 06:23 PM
As far as playing conditons, I think playing on a wet surface will work toward the Trojans advantage, allowing them for quicker, easier penetrations that will allow them to score all night. If it is dry, the Trojans will be in for a rough, painful ride. Scoring will not be easy and they will have to look or other ways to get in. :eek: LMAO!!! :evillaugh

District303aPastPlayer
09-14-2005, 06:26 PM
As far as playing conditons, I think playing on a wet surface will work toward the Trojans advantage, allowing them for quicker, easier penetrations that will allow them to score all night. If it is dry, the Trojans will be in for a rough, painful ride. Scoring will not be easy and they will have to look or other ways to get in.

always the quick witted one

SintonFan
09-14-2005, 08:55 PM

Gp83
09-14-2005, 08:59 PM

If we got handed our *ss against Sinton then Beeville will get their heart sent to them FedX the next day.

SintonFan
09-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
If we got handed our *ss against Sinton then Beeville will get their heart sent to them FedX the next day.
right.... back to football.;)

Gp83
09-14-2005, 09:23 PM

GP-Sinton, I thought the same...but the wet conditions made it almost impossible to score even though we thought we could do it easily. Some times what seems an easy score can be played as hard to get. Needless to say someone got some "A" that night, but it was not us.:inlove: I hope your "Trojans" hold up better than we did.:doh:

Sinton Pirate#2
09-14-2005, 09:27 PM
please tell me you arent blaming the loss on the weather...we both played out there on the same field and same weather...it may have been hard to score but we both found the endzone...im not dogging on yall...but im tired of our defense getting no recognition...just saying that it was the weather from every single person who opens there mouth about that game....we both played hard...it was a real intense game...and our d was fired up...if were like that again this week...then this nasty slot team will have a harder time finding some yardage

Gp83
09-14-2005, 09:29 PM
please tell me you arent blaming the loss on the weather...we both played out there on the same field and same weather...it may have been hard to score but we both found the endzone...im not dogging on yall...but im tired of our defense getting no recognition...just saying that it was the weather from every single person who opens there mouth about that game....we both played hard...it was a real intense game...and our d was fired up...if were like that again this week...then this nasty slot team will have a harder time finding some yardage

Please read it again and think REAL HARD...if you still don't get it, PM Sintonfan.

sinton66
09-14-2005, 09:51 PM
they are tennessee orange and white... more tenn than texas if you ask me... so ill call it that... but yeah, they have a brownish orange color

You sure you're not talking about Alice?

Never mind, i just looked at their website and it is crappy orange.:D

Blastoderm55
09-14-2005, 10:29 PM
The colors are burnt orange and white, and are much better than the crappy neon orange we had before Soza arrived. As for the wet conditions, keep this in mind. I can't think of a game Soza has coached and managed a win.

1998 - Raymondville, bidistrict. Loss.
1999 - Sinton, non-district meeting. Loss.
2002 - West Oso, district meeting. Loss.

Well, those are the big losses at least. Perhaps there were some smaller ones, as well as maybe even a win against a Pearsall or other team of that caliber. All I know is the offense putters when a wet field comes into play. The offense is all about timing, and it gets thrown off horribly when the elements take effect.

RiverRat19
09-15-2005, 08:11 AM
Do the Sinton and Beeville head coaches have radio talk shows this week?

When do they have them? I know sometimes its either in the middle of the week or taped and then played before the game like the college broadcasts?

I thought it would be interesting what they have to say about this week's contest.

District303aPastPlayer
09-15-2005, 09:25 AM

When do they have them? I know sometimes its either in the middle of the week or taped and then played before the game like the college broadcasts?

I thought it would be interesting what they have to say about this week's contest.

i dont think that it would be pretty to hear what eachother have to say.

District303aPastPlayer
09-15-2005, 09:26 AM
from the pick'em site on caller.com

Pick by 12:00 PM on Friday, September 16
This game is worth 1 pt.
Sinton 3-0
Beeville 1-1
Fan Pick: 97% Sinton

RiverRat19
09-15-2005, 09:55 AM
i dont think that it would be pretty to hear what eachother have to say.

You know, regardless of past history I would expect that both coaching staffs are professional enough to speak respectfully of each other and make appropriate comments when discussing each other's teams/programs. Especially in a very public forum such as a radio show, newspaper article, etc. I am just curious as to their opinions of each other's teams and what they expect from their game. Is that too much to expect?

District303aPastPlayer
09-15-2005, 09:57 AM
they would be totally professional... but im guessin with closed doors... :D

pirate4state
09-15-2005, 09:59 AM
You know, regardless of past history I would expect that both coaching staffs are professional enough to speak respectfully of each other and make appropriate comments when discussing each other's teams/programs. Especially in a very public forum such as a radio show, newspaper article, etc. I am just curious as to their opinions of each other's teams and what they expect from their game. Is that too much to expect? C'mon you know they'll play "the game". :rolleyes: You've got to know that D303APP was not (totally) serious.

AP Panther Fan
09-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Pirate4State.....LIKE that new sig!:wave:

District303aPastPlayer
09-15-2005, 10:02 AM
C'mon you know they'll play "the game". :rolleyes: You've got to know that D303APP was not (totally) serious.

RiverRat19
09-15-2005, 10:03 AM
they would be totally professional... but im guessin with closed doors... :D

Well.... Its possible that the public comments may not be exactly the same as the lockerroom conversation but this is probably true for every team/coaching staff in every game at every level.

Buccaneer
09-15-2005, 10:08 AM

Coach Mitchell's radio show airs at 7:15 Friday right before the game.

RiverRat19
09-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Coach Mitchell's radio show airs at 7:15 Friday right before the game.

What station? I'll listen if I can get the reception... I may not be "in range."

Blastoderm55
09-15-2005, 10:27 AM
I think Soza still does Coach's Corner Wednesdays on Kicker 106 along with the coaches from other local teams.

RiverRat19
09-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I think Soza still does Coach's Corner Wednesdays on Kicker 106 along with the coaches from other local teams.

Roger. I know that I can only get that station when I drive on 181.

Phil C
09-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Many years ago in ancient times the Greeks had lain seige to Troy for ten years without results. So they pretended to retreat and left behind a hugh wooden horse (later called the Trojan Horse) in which a number of Greek heroes, among them Odysseus, had hidden themselves. The spy Sinon convinced the Trojans to move the horse inside the city as a war trophy. Despite the warnings of Laocoon the Trojans did so. In the following night, the Greeks left the wooden horse and attacked the unsuspecting and celebrating Trojans and opened the gates to the Greek army which had returned and were thus able to conquor Troy.

Sinton94
09-15-2005, 11:33 AM

It is! Someone told me that they listened to it last night and Sosa didn't really say anything out of line but the commentator did! He said he didn't think Sinton was very good and had not played anyone yet! He said Taft was a 2a team, GP was a JV team and OSO had no talent! Sosa basically said you said that not me!

Phil C
09-15-2005, 11:34 AM
During the fifth century BC the Persians who had a great empire invaded a divided Greece. Before entering Greece they were stopped at a pass by 300 Spartans who delayed their invasion and it looked like they would hold them off. (A movie in 1962 The 300 Spartans is based on this event). However a Greek traitor informed the Persians of a goat path around the Spartans and the Persians were able to get behind the Spartans and defeat them killing them off. Now the Persians were set to invade Greece but when news of the valiant effort of the Spartans reached Greece it untied and inspired the Greeks and they were able to defeat the invaders and save their country.

Phil C
09-15-2005, 11:39 AM
I sure hope our Sinton Pirate football players here about it. Poor Coach Sosa. First one of his players in Mathis fires up our team and now his own comentator helps us out. :)

pirate4state
09-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Many years ago in ancient times the Greeks had lain seige to Troy for ten years without results. So they pretended to retreat and left behind a hugh wooden horse (later called the Trojan Horse) in which a number of Greek heroes, among them Odysseus, had hidden themselves. The spy Sinon convinced the Trojans to move the horse inside the city as a war trophy. Despite the warnings of Laocoon the Trojans did so. In the following night, the Greeks left the wooden horse and attaced the unsuspecting and celebrating Trojans and opened the gates to the Greek army which had returned and were thus able to conquor Troy. :doh: You're killin' me PHIL!!! :doh:

Blastoderm55
09-15-2005, 12:55 PM
It is! Someone told me that they listened to it last night and Sosa didn't really say anything out of line but the commentator did! He said he didn't think Sinton was very good and had not played anyone yet! He said Taft was a 2a team, GP was a JV team and OSO had no talent! Sosa basically said you said that not me!

Oh jeez. I wonder who the poor fool was. I know Bebe from the station is involved, but he wouldn't say something like that. He knows better. We don't need another Troy Collavo coming out and saying Sinton players can't take a hit. 45-0 wasn't a good way of backing that up.

pirate4state
09-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Oh jeez. I wonder who the poor fool was. I know Bebe from the station is involved, but he wouldn't say something like that. He knows better. We don't need another Troy Collavo coming out and saying Sinton players can't take a hit. 45-0 wasn't a good way of backing that up. Good times!! :clap: :D

pirate4state
09-15-2005, 02:15 PM

Sinton94
09-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Oh jeez. I wonder who the poor fool was. I know Bebe from the station is involved, but he wouldn't say something like that. He knows better. We don't need another Troy Collavo coming out and saying Sinton players can't take a hit. 45-0 wasn't a good way of backing that up.

I hear that it was!:rolleyes: How do you think WO and GP felt!

"GP is just a JV team and OSO has no talent":confused:

Phil C
09-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Do the visitors sit on the North side or the South side at the Beeville stadium?

Vrabird
09-15-2005, 05:24 PM
From years past the visitors always sit on the south side. Unlees they have changed recently.

pirate4state
09-16-2005, 08:53 AM
ttt - not enough football threads on the first page. :rolleyes: C'mon people its game day!!! :mad:

Blastoderm55
09-16-2005, 10:15 AM
So who all is going to be at tonight's game?

pirate44
09-16-2005, 10:16 AM
So who all is going to be at tonight's game?
not me:(

pirate4state
09-16-2005, 10:28 AM
So who all is going to be at tonight's game? I'll be there.

Phil C
09-16-2005, 01:50 PM
I plan to be there. According to the Sinton Booster Club sign the game starts at 7 P.M. instead of the usual 7:30 P.M. so you may want to leave as quick as you can.

ro_tex_solja
09-16-2005, 01:54 PM
guys i already know this gonna stir up so much trouble but i got my fingers crossed for beeville...man im pretty crazy for sayin this...i might get into trouble...lol jk

Phil C
09-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
guys i already know this gonna stir up so much trouble but i got my fingers crossed for beeville...man im pretty crazy for sayin this...i might get into trouble...lol jk

That is ok Coach! We understand.

pirate4state
09-16-2005, 01:59 PM
I plan to be there. According to the Sinton Booster Club sign the game starts at 7 P.M. instead of the usual 7:30 P.M. so you may want to leave as quick as you can. Probably b/c of the homecoming thing. :rolleyes:

pirate4state
09-16-2005, 02:00 PM
That is ok Coach! We understand. since when is he a coach? :confused:

Phil C
09-16-2005, 02:42 PM
since when is he a coach? :confused:

Pirate44 has informed us that he is really Coach Sosa of Beeville.
But shhhhhh!

;) :D

pirate44
09-16-2005, 02:45 PM
But shhhhhh!

that was rumor. dont go getting me in trouble ;)

District303aPastPlayer
09-16-2005, 02:46 PM
thtas just funny

RiverRat19
09-16-2005, 02:54 PM
thtas just funny

I don't care who you are! If you don't think that's funny, you get the he!! out of here, right now!

Phil C
09-16-2005, 02:56 PM
that was rumor. dont go getting me in trouble ;)

Oops sorry 44! But maybe it is true. ;):)

pirate44
09-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Oops sorry 44! But maybe it is true. ;):)
you can never tell these days

pirate4state
09-16-2005, 03:19 PM
But shhhhhh!

:doh: OH THAT!! :clap: How silly of me to forget!! :D

Phil C
09-16-2005, 03:23 PM
you can never tell these days

Hey 44 there were some people who thought I was really Marlon Brando before he passed away in 2004. :)

The :) is for the pun and not for the loss of this great actor.

Bull's-eye
09-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Good luck Pirates!!

SintonFan
09-16-2005, 03:29 PM
I won't make it to the game. Yall cheer extra loud for me.:clap:

Sinton94
09-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja

Carefull they may stay that way!:D

pirate44
09-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Hey 44 there were some people who thought I was really Marlon Brando before he passed away in 2004. :)

The :) is for the pun and not for the loss of this great actor.
i see the resemblence. he was in one of my favorite movies. Guys and Dolls. oops. that may be considered thread piracy.

AP Panther Fan
09-16-2005, 04:00 PM

NOW THAT IS FUNNY! :D

Not that he passed away in 2004, but that you looked like him just prior to death!:eek: :D :D :D

District303aPastPlayer
09-16-2005, 04:02 PM

Not that he passed away in 2004, but that you looked like him just prior to death!:eek: :D :D :D

no lie.

Phil C
09-16-2005, 04:02 PM

I'm sure you are talking about the way he looked like in the 50s movies such as The Wild One, The Young Lions and On the Waterfront. :)

pirate44
09-16-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm sure you are talking about the way he looked like in the 50s movies such as The Wild One, The Young Lions and On the Waterfront. :) dont forget Guys and Dolls.

AP Panther Fan
09-16-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm sure you are talking about the way he looked like in the 50s movies such as The Wild One, The Young Lions and On the Waterfront. :)

;) ;) ;) Yeah, that's it!:D

pirate44
09-16-2005, 04:06 PM
yall cut it out.:mad:

Go Pirates!!!!:clap:

AP Panther Fan
09-16-2005, 04:11 PM
yall cut it out.:mad:

:kiss: :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

pirate44
09-16-2005, 04:12 PM
:kiss: :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh
dont you have an AP thread to post somewhere??:tongue:

AP Panther Fan
09-16-2005, 04:14 PM
dont you have an AP thread to post somewhere??:tongue:

Awww, but I like being a Pirate too! :doh: :D

pirate44
09-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Awww, but I like being a Pirate too! :doh: :D
fair 'nuff:kiss:

pirate4state
09-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Awww, but I like being a Pirate too! :doh: :D of course you do sweetie!! :kiss: gotta cheer for a winning team!! OH SNAP!!!

*ducks*

don't shoot...i still have your ice chest!

AP Panther Fan
09-16-2005, 04:27 PM
a thread pirate....and you better duck!:p

AP Panther Fan
09-16-2005, 04:29 PM
...i still have your ice chest![/size]

see how grateful you are! :rolleyes: :D

Okay, I will quit "pirating" this thread!:cool:

pirate4state
09-16-2005, 04:29 PM
a thread pirate....and you better duck!:p Whew...that was close!! http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gif

Seriously, good luck tonight!! Kick some bobcat (or whatever the hell they are) butt!! :D GO MICHAEL!!! :cheerl:

AP Panther Fan
09-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Whew...that was close!! http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gif

Seriously, good luck tonight!! Kick some bobcat (or whatever the hell they are) butt!! :D GO MICHAEL!!! :cheerl:

gracias....you better say that or he might not clean your fish next time....;) :D

pirate4state
09-16-2005, 05:21 PM
gracias....you better say that or he might not clean your fish next time....;) :D You know it! :)

Heading out...gotta get a decent seat -- away from the band! Everyone have a safe trip to & from your games!! May the best teams win! :D