PDA

View Full Version : 2005 WO-S Mustangs

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 12:53 PM
There has been alot of heat about this topic the past week.

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 01:00 PM
I put that I don't know yet...

They're a very very good team... but having not seen the other top teams across the state, I can't say if they're over or under... I guess I will say that they are not a bad choice...

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 01:05 PM
You know all it takes is one banana peal to end a season. But with all things aside I say they can compare.

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 01:12 PM
I placed my vote :D Good fair poll.

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 04:35 PM
HMMMMMMMMM 12 votes on perfectly rated. I wonder how many of those folks live in Orange.:thinking: :D

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
HMMMMMMMMM 12 votes on perfectly rated. I wonder how many of those folks live in Orange.:thinking: :D

Barker....there is only like 7 of us on this board.

BlueBlood
09-11-2005, 04:48 PM
I've got some bananas.

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 04:51 PM
I bet you do :clap:

WOS1
09-11-2005, 04:54 PM

I guess the same can be said for those 9 votes for us being over rated.

Why do you continuously post on our threads? Is BH that boring that you can't find something interesting to talk about with them? Geeez... if we are so over rated then stop worrying about us and turn your attention else where, it's really simple.

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I guess the same can be said for those 9 votes for us being over rated.

Why do you continuously post on our threads? Is BH that boring that you can't find something interesting to talk about with them? Geeez... if we are so over rated then stop worrying about us and turn your attention else where, it's really simple.

Settle down WOS1, If you remember I just gave an opinion on the game last night then I had to fight 10 of yall for an hour afterwards. I'm over it maybe you should be also:nerd:
I'm still trying to be EXTREMLY carfull at what I say I would hate for you to be a tough guy again.:p

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 05:39 PM
well it's proven that you don't have to be born into being a wo-s fan. Me for example. But once you become one there is no turning back or backing down from a fight. Just like our boys do on friday night.

bulldogbark
09-11-2005, 05:45 PM
one was from me and I am not from orange :) :) :) :)

WOS1
09-11-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm still trying to be EXTREMLY carfull at what I say I would hate for you to be a tough guy again.:p

... probably the best bet for you to keep it that way.;)

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 06:19 PM
... probably the best bet for you to keep it that way.;)

Hey tough guy got a question for ya. How is next weeks weather outlook?:thinking:

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Supertilley
well it's proven that you don't have to be born into being a wo-s fan. Me for example. But once you become one there is no turning back or backing down from a fight. Just like our boys do on friday night.

WOS has great fans thats for sure they were loud and proud all night. I tell ya one thing though they have no Plastic football catching skills. I showed em up snatched two out of the air before they new what happened.:D :D :D

WOS1
09-11-2005, 06:27 PM
Hey tough guy got a question for ya. How is next weeks weather outlook?:thinking:

Thunder and lightning... all week!

etbu
09-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Rbarker what up? Got the wife to go with ya last night huh? Shellman and you guys? I like Shellman54 very nice young man. Good to see all of my buds at the game. Was looking for you Wos1. Where was you running buddy Wosmustang?

WOS1
09-11-2005, 06:50 PM
You guys are getting me confused with wosfan1. ETBU, I sat right next to you last night with my son.

WOS1
09-11-2005, 06:52 PM
WOS has great fans thats for sure they were loud and proud all night. I tell ya one thing though they have no Plastic football catching skills. I showed em up snatched two out of the air before they new what happened.:D :D :D

All of the talent was further up...;)

etbu
09-11-2005, 06:56 PM
You guys are getting me confused with wosfan1. ETBU, I sat right next to you last night with my son.

Bro WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME BROTHER??????????????????????????????????? My man ok its cool MY BAD. RBaker my man Wos1 is BIG TIME COOL. Hey enjoyed visiting with you and your son. I like HIM. Now that I know he lives here lets go to a game of some sort. As in Texan or Rockets. I will get in contact with you on the Wos site. My BAD

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 07:12 PM

were you the guy that came down to talk to ETBU and introduced your self? If so I shook your hand YUK:hairpunk: JK

GS#17
09-11-2005, 07:57 PM
I spoke with ETBU, met you and your wife, and shook your hand. BTW, it took me over an hour to disinfect the BH funk from my hand. j/k

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 09:19 PM
man, this thread is headed toword 'homosexual' pretty quick...

buncha talk about men touching other men's (or boy's) hands...

jk

etbu
09-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
I spoke with ETBU, met you and your wife, and shook your hand. BTW, it took me over an hour to disinfect the BH funk from my hand. j/k

Hey bro you failed to met my wife she was not there. I was sitting by the guys from Wos site. Are you talking about my hand? I was sitting behind Mustang22, GoStangs, and beside Gasilla up top. You must have me mixed up. RBarker. The chap I introduced you to was the tech fan from Huffman. He does not get on the boards. Anyway to much Drama. I LOVE EVERYONE AND WANT PEACE TO ALL MEN. LOL SOME NOT ALL :cool:

etbu
09-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
man, this thread is headed toword 'homosexual' pretty quick...

buncha talk about men touching other men's (or boy's) hands...

jk

That was a shot

GS#17
09-11-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by etbu
Hey bro you failed to met my wife she was not there. I was sitting by the guys from Wos site. Are you talking about my hand? I was sitting behind Mustang22, GoStangs, and beside Gasilla up top. You must have me mixed up. RBarker. The chap I introduced you to was the tech fan from Huffman. He does not get on the boards. Anyway to much Drama. I LOVE EVERYONE AND WANT PEACE TO ALL MEN. LOL SOME NOT ALL :cool:

GS#17=GoStangs. :)

When I registered here last year, GoStangs was already taken, so I had to come up with something else.

WOS1
09-11-2005, 10:46 PM
I didn't go down there and meet anyone. I stayed up top with my son.

I also told GS#17 that I couldn't wait until today for the BH folks to tell us how "unimpressed" they were with us and low and behold, you didn't disappoint.:D

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 10:55 PM

I also told GS#17 that I couldn't wait until today for the BH folks to tell us how "unimpressed" they were with us and low and behold, you didn't disappoint.:D

If you think I was bad today wait until Jody and EAGLETOWN get on here tomorrow.

Disclaimer:

Altough those two are friends of mine I do not share their views of WOS or any school in that matter.:D :D

Good luck tomorrow!

wos fan1
09-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Bring it on!

Jody
09-12-2005, 06:28 AM

Now you know I could not resist this one.

The game was a good one and we enjoyed it.

My take:

Positive:
WOS has a very tallented QB and a few decent receivers. Mr. Beasley is a tallented young man and has a great arm. They have some speed at the linebacker and corner positions.

Great fans very nice. Does everyone in Orange have a 1 year old?

Negative:
Poor sportsman ship by a few on a regular basis. More show boating than playing football.

Average running game, at best.

Below average defense against the run. Line is significantly smaller than most good teams.

Very small on the offensive and defensive line. Speed makes up a little on Offense, but the lines gets blown out by any team of good size.

The receivers are cheap and dirty. If I had a dollar for every time a receiver pushed off of a defender to make a catch, I would have bought everyone in the stands a hot dog (with chili). Refs were obviously not calling those BAD NO calls. Got to wonder about that. :thinking:

Over all WOS is a good team, maybe a top 20 at BEST. I am not being a WOS hater here, but being honest. I can think of a number of teams that would have NO problem beating WOS. Shut down your BIG PLAY passes and run the ball, your beat.

The team you played the other night was horrible and poorly coached. Their receivers had butter on their hands or it would have gotten ugly quick. Had it not been for 2 very bad calls, you would have still been beatin by 8 or 9 points easily. Heck, Ozen beat them 45 to 7.

Yes, he did get in the endzone to covert the two points, but if you can't call Offensive pass interference, then why let them win period. This reminded me of the BAD call Jasper got in the state championship last year.

Final comments:

After seeing the year play out in the Golden Triangle, I thin it is obvious the are is a bit down this year. Other than Bridge City, who is really doing anything worth noting. The Vidor team that everyone makes fun of is tied for 1st in their district with LCM, of all people. PNG and Nederland obviously are not real dominant team this year and offer no bragging rights, so you really should not down Vidor or Dickenson for that matter. Dickenson is decidedly a better team than that of Bay City.

Don't be suprised when Newton sneaks up and whips WOS this year.

I know, go ahead...."your an Idiot."

3rdone
09-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Jody
Now you know I could not resist this one.

The game was a good one and we enjoyed it.

My take:

Positive:
WOS has a very tallented QB and a few decent receivers. Mr. Beasley is a tallented young man and has a great arm. They have some speed at the linebacker and corner positions.

Great fans very nice. Does everyone in Orange have a 1 year old?

Negative:
Poor sportsman ship by a few on a regular basis. More show boating than playing football.

Average running game, at best.

Below average defense against the run. Line is significantly smaller than most good teams.

Very small on the offensive and defensive line. Speed makes up a little on Offense, but the lines gets blown out by any team of good size.

The receivers are cheap and dirty. If I had a dollar for every time a receiver pushed off of a defender to make a catch, I would have bought everyone in the stands a hot dog (with chili). Refs were obviously not calling those BAD NO calls. Got to wonder about that. :thinking:

Over all WOS is a good team, maybe a top 20 at BEST. I am not being a WOS hater here, but being honest. I can think of a number of teams that would have NO problem beating WOS. Shut down your BIG PLAY passes and run the ball, your beat.

The team you played the other night was horrible and poorly coached. Their receivers had butter on their hands or it would have gotten ugly quick. Had it not been for 2 very bad calls, you would have still been beatin by 8 or 9 points easily. Heck, Ozen beat them 45 to 7.

Yes, he did get in the endzone to covert the two points, but if you can't call Offensive pass interference, then why let them win period. This reminded me of the BAD call Jasper got in the state championship last year.

Final comments:

After seeing the year play out in the Golden Triangle, I thin it is obvious the are is a bit down this year. Other than Bridge City, who is really doing anything worth noting. The Vidor team that everyone makes fun of is tied for 1st in their district with LCM, of all people. PNG and Nederland obviously are not real dominant team this year and offer no bragging rights, so you really should not down Vidor or Dickenson for that matter. Dickenson is decidedly a better team than that of Bay City.

Don't be suprised when Newton sneaks up and whips WOS this year.

I know, go ahead...."your an Idiot."

crack:clap:

hata_hurta06
09-12-2005, 10:04 AM
I hear there good but there are alot of other team i also hear can play so....

Supertilley
09-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Ok great. Thanks for your .02 Now lets just not let this thread get ugly and deleted so we can both call on it when it's all said an done. BayCity will win thier district.

wos fan1
09-12-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm not a BH hater either. I talked to a person this morning that has seen BH play twice and he wasn't real impressed with BH either. He said they are barely a top 20 team. Since we didn't beat Bay City a 100 to nothing a very good 4A school you weren't impressed, what a surprise. We're not playing 3A teams. I'm not making excuses but we had several key players out. And by the way we even had some JV players on the DL in the second half because of injuries. We may not even beat Beaumont Central (4A team again) this week because of 6 starters out. All i can say is when we're still playing and you guys are not i'm going to say Told you so and rub it in your face so much you'll have to get off this board. I just hope that the other readers on this board across the State do not believe you because you are full of %hit! It's funny the Cuero people feel different though!!:foul: :foul:

spiveyrat
09-12-2005, 10:57 AM

I don't.

wos fan1
09-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Thanks Spivey. It's amazing how some people (A couple) don't understand the dynamics of football. I know injuries happen and i'm not using that as an excuse but when you have 4 JV players on your Defense against Bay City and we still win how can someone even think about judging a team. Please folks reading this across the State ignore the BH people when it comes to talking about our team. WOS and Jasper will be there when it counts.

Supertilley
09-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Yeah, this is by far not last years team. Never the less last years team wasn't that bad. Last year wo-s only lost one game they were supost to win and we got blasted by alot of folks. This year we have already beat two team that we were supost to lose to and still getting blasted. Gotta be a catch 22.