PDA

View Full Version : Cuero Division 1 Watch

Matthew328
09-11-2005, 10:24 AM
OK lets take a look at 26-3A...

Cuero, ok we know what they can do...

Gonzales is the team to watch...if they make the playoffs then Cuero goes D-2....ya think there will be some celebrating in Sinton if that happens?? The Apaches are 2-0 with wins over Somerset and Elgin....Look for GHS to be 4-0 heading into a week 5 matchup with Bellville......

Yoakum is 0-3 but they have played a killer schedule..look for them to knock off Van Vleck in Week 4 and be 1-4 going into district play where I think they'll get back rolling again....

Halletsville is 2-0 and I look for the Brahamas to be 5-0 heading into district play, their non-district slate isn't too strong....Week 10 vs Gonzales could be HUGE

Luling is 1-2 but the 2 losses are to Wimberley and a good 4A in Pflugerville Hendrickson....Week 5 game against LaVernia is a swing game.....LHS should not be overlooked....

Edna is 0-3 and I don't look for the Cowboys to be much of a factor....

so things are still wide open....this district will bear watching to see where those Gobblers land come playoff time!!

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 10:30 AM
26, Matt, 26 ha...

Yah, Gonzales is suprising us down here, look good, finally got over that hump with Elgin...

Yoakum will be tough as always come district... they could slip in, you never know...

Hallettsville's defense should get 'em in the playoffs, I see it like last year, 9-1 going into the playoffs...

Edna? don't know if we can consider them a 1-9 team... but it's a new coach and a new system, could turn something around, dunno...

Luling is the team to watch I believe, they looked pretty good last year and have actually done well considering they are in a new system as well...

This is gunna come down to the wire...

Right now I see Cuero and Wimberly going into D2... Wharton could make some noise, as a matter of fact, they may give West Columbia a better game than everyone thinks... but we'll have to see if they've really turned it around or not...

Bullaholic
09-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
OK lets take a look at 27-3A...

Cuero, ok we know what they can do...

Gonzales is the team to watch...if they make the playoffs then Cuero goes D-2....ya think there will be some celebrating in Sinton if that happens?? The Apaches are 2-0 with wins over Somerset and Elgin....Look for GHS to be 4-0 heading into a week 5 matchup with Bellville......

Yoakum is 0-3 but they have played a killer schedule..look for them to knock off Van Vleck in Week 4 and be 1-4 going into district play where I think they'll get back rolling again....

Halletsville is 2-0 and I look for the Brahamas to be 5-0 heading into district play, their non-district slate isn't too strong....Week 10 vs Gonzales could be HUGE

Luling is 1-2 but the 2 losses are to Wimberley and a good 4A in Pflugerville Hendrickson....Week 5 game against LaVernia is a swing game.....LHS should not be overlooked....

Edna is 0-3 and I don't look for the Cowboys to be much of a factor....

so things are still wide open....this district will bear watching to see where those Gobblers land come playoff time!!

Matt..All due respect to all of these teams---Cuero could stumble---but I don't see anyone short of the D1 semi's de-railing the Gobbler Express at this point.

Vrabird
09-11-2005, 10:38 AM
It doesn't matter who we play!! You have to beat the best to be the best. We wil play Cuero on the 23rd in Sinton. Will definitely give Sinton a gauge as to where we stand as a team before district games start. We always invite competition. Cuero and Sinton have certainly created a rivalry thru the years. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win. We have to concentrate on Beeville and Coach Sosa before we turn on sights on Cuero. Go Pirates!!

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Matt..All due respect to all of these teams---Cuero could stumble---but I don't see anyone short of the D1 semi's de-railing the Gobbler Express at this point.

I dunno, man... if the offensive line plays like they did at the end of the game Friday night, you 'could' be right... but if not, you 'could' still be right...

Nah... WO-S looks like a very tough team to have to play... that'd go to the end...

I'm not counting them before they hatch, just glad this program got put back on course...

District303aPastPlayer
09-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Geez.... what a shotat sinton to start the post...

Necked
09-11-2005, 10:44 AM
It just doesn't look like Yoakum has the defense this year to make the playoffs. They were, and I hate to say this about anyone, just terrible when we played them, and it doesn't look like they have gotten any better. But there is still alot of time for them to get it together. I have to give the edge at this point to Gonzales........

Matthew328
09-11-2005, 10:45 AM
its not a shot at Sinton.....I am just sure Sinton would rather not see Cuero in the playoffs.....

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
its not a shot at Sinton.....I am just sure Sinton would rather not see Cuero in the playoffs.....

I don't think I'd wanna see Sinton either...

But the players wanna see each other, they love the game...

Sounds like Sinton has made great improvements... gunna be another tough one...

injuredinmelee
09-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Im a huge Wylie fan and I say this with the utmost respect for the Bulldogs, I wouldnt want to have to face Cuero again.

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Im a huge Wylie fan and I say this with the utmost respect for the Bulldogs, I wouldnt want to have to face Cuero again.

I dunno, y'all seem to have a pretty good squad this year...

sinton66
09-11-2005, 01:30 PM
I agree with Vrabird. It doesn't matter who Sinton meets in the playoffs. The Pirates will show up with what they have, and if they get beat, so be it. We (as in Sinton fans) won't hold it against them.:D

sinton3055
09-11-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I would probably sleep better if we didn't have to play cuero in the playoffs. I don't think anyone likes to play someone of that caliber in the playoffs. I know if I was from another school say cuero I wouldn't want to play Sinton either. thats just MO.

Sinton Pirate#2
09-11-2005, 02:22 PM
i have mixed feelings about this...i mean i would love to play cuero at regionals again...ive never been to a game with more energy and the fans in it that much...not even at the sinton/everman game a few years back...cuero is a really good team and i think we are too...there gunna test this next week when we meet...but if gonzalez makes the playoffs and cuero goes down to D2...then i dunno of anybody besides cuero in our region...except for wimberley who could give us comp like cuero does...

X Man
09-11-2005, 03:15 PM
I will difinitely be interested in the outcome of the Cuero/Sinton Game! These 2 fine programs are sure to make a barn burner game!

sinton66
09-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Well, Matthew, there is one bet I'll be willing to make here. If we do meet Cuero in the playoffs, it WON'T be in a dome.;) However, we both have a lot of football to play between now and then.

Bullaholic
09-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Well, Matthew, there is one bet I'll be willing to make here. If we do meet Cuero in the playoffs, it WON'T be in a dome.;) However, we both have a lot of football to play between now and then.

66'...From what I have seen of the numbers of Sinton and Cuero posters on here, I think you guys would have a shot at filling a dome. What was the actual attendance the last time Sinton and Cuero played?

Highschoolfan78
09-11-2005, 04:03 PM
a sea of green and maroon

sinton66
09-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
66'...From what I have seen of the numbers of Sinton and Cuero posters on here, I think you guys would have a shot at filling a dome. What was the actual attendance the last time Sinton and Cuero played?

Dunno for sure, but there were other games in the Alamo dome on the same day. In fact Southlake Carrol's game was there just before ours.

Gobbler Fan
09-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Actually Smithson Valley played San Benito and before that San Antonio Taft played Laredo Nixon in the Dome before Sinton-Cuero. I think Sinton should worry about Beeville and Cuero should worry about Sealy first off.

cat dog horse
09-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Dunno for sure, but there were other games in the Alamo dome on the same day. In fact Southlake Carrol's game was there just before ours.

the smithson valley and san banito (sp) game was right before ours.

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 04:58 PM
San Benito almost filled the dome up on their own... San Benito had to travel a ways to get to SA while Smithson Valley is an SA team...

Gobbler Fan
09-11-2005, 05:01 PM
San Benito was undefeated and they had their butt's handed to them by Smithson Valley something like 45-0 .

cat dog horse
09-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
San Benito almost filled the dome up on their own... San Benito had to travel a ways to get to SA while Smithson Valley is an SA team...

i remember i got banned for a comment i made about how many people san benito had at that game

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
San Benito was undefeated and they had their butt's handed to them by Smithson Valley something like 45-0 .

Yah, it was pretty ugly... I remember the San Benito fans celebrating like they had won the super-bowl when their RB busted out for 2 yards on 3rd and 10 early in the game...

Gobbler Fan
09-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Actually it was for where they were from I do believe :thinking:

Gobbler Fan
09-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Yah, it was pretty ugly... I remember the San Benito fans celebrating like they had won the super-bowl when their RB busted out for 2 yards on 3rd and 10 early in the game...

Well I for one was glad to see the fans still cheerring whith them losing 45-zip ya got to find something positive to yell about, it might as well be about getting close to a first down ......:D

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Well I for one was glad to see the fans still cheerring whith them losing 45-zip ya got to find something positive to yell about, it might as well be about getting close to a first down ......:D

No doubt, they had great fans... the game before had Laredo Nixon against San Antonio Taft... Yet again, the Valley team's fans outnumbered the San Antonio team's fans...

Guess I gotta go watch a valley game...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Looks like Bellville vs Gonzales may be a good game, in Gonzales.

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Looks like Bellville vs Gonzales may be a good game, in Gonzales.

tough place to play... their fight song is something else...

pirate4state
09-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by cat dog horse
i remember i got banned for a comment i made about how many people san benito had at that game :doh: If you got banned, how are you still posting? :thinking:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Have they played a real good opponent yet? How is there opponents records so far?
Bellville 2-1
Bellville 24- #16 Caldwell 6 Caldwell 1-2
#3 Cameron 28 Bellville 24 Cameron 3-0
Bellville 38 #2 Marlin 35 Marlin 2-1

44INAROW
09-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh: If you got banned, how are you still posting? :thinking:

Lucy, you got some splaining to do :D :D :D

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Heck, it's simple... if the IP addy doesn't match the origional IP that the poster was banned from, then there is no "behind the scenes" factor for the mods to figure out... so that may be why he is sticking around now...

And though he just admitted he has been banned before, where's the evidence?

I have another username on here myself... :D

SintonFan
09-11-2005, 10:47 PM

I have another username on here myself... :D
I have 2 more and the j man has an exponential of mine x 4. Doesn't bother me, if I was banned I'd just start my own board.:D

SintonFan
09-11-2005, 10:50 PM
When it comes to reg. 4, yes Sinton has recently been stymied by Cuero lately but the boys look to be bringing up their game. I couldn't be happier about that.:clap:

GreenGobbla
09-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by cat dog horse
i remember i got banned for a comment i made about how many people san benito had at that game

i remember that post lol, i got banned right after that...not really though