PDA

View Full Version : Wharton takes out Burnet II

playa 3
11-21-2003, 09:09 AM
Getting a littler closer to game time. Any of you Bulldogs out there starting to get a little nervous about the Tigers!

BHS#1
11-21-2003, 09:31 AM
Why did you already start at topic already in progress this is very irrating and if you had more that 40 posts you would know this. So you have lost your creditability.

<small>[ November 21, 2003, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: BHS#1 ]</small>

playa 3
11-21-2003, 09:57 AM
Discussions will continue on the first Wharton takes out Burnet page. Tigers all the way!

Megatonpitch
11-21-2003, 10:05 AM
Not nervous, Burnet will win by more than they did last year.

Wharton shoud have gotten beat last week if it had not been for the Cuero choke at the end of the game last week. Cuero was driving and you could tell they just gave up and decided to settle for a field goal. And that is why Wharton won.

Wharton is not in shape to run with Burnet. Heard is out of shape and takes plays off. I think people will see just how horrible he really is. Most plays, he is either on the ground, rolling around, or on a knee watching the play.

It's overall team attitude. Wharton will be done by half. Burnet advances, Wharton gets ready for roundball.

olddog73
11-21-2003, 10:29 AM
Hey Playa 3, how about wearing a floresenct orange shirt or cap to the game so we can watch you?

whrtntig1
11-21-2003, 10:36 AM
Just keep thinking that way!!!! :D Check the stats last week and see many 4th down Cuero couldnt convert!You're so correct Heard just lies down but its usually on the other team!!!

spaniard
11-21-2003, 10:52 AM
i have to agree about heard. i was at the wharton game last year when heard could barely walk from the field house to the field without having to stop, he is only size, no athleticness. i still dont see why his 40 time is under 5, from watching him last year, he must be a completely different person this year, but from the specs on him, it doesnt look like it. this is no disrespect to hear himself, but to the people who keep on building him up to be some unstoppable force and making him all the hype that he has become this year. thats just my opinion. :p

playa 3
11-21-2003, 10:52 AM
Folks can say what they want about Heard. He is a stud and that's the bottom line. Most teams can't have someone like him, so they just dog him instead. Heard is a difference maker, and he will play huge Saturday night.

spaniard
11-21-2003, 10:53 AM
playa 3:
Folks can say what they want about Heard. He is a stud and that's the bottom line. Most teams can't have someone like him, so they just dog him instead. Heard is a difference maker, and he will play huge Saturday night.for yalls sake i hope he does, until that time, have a great day and stay safe

playa 3
11-21-2003, 10:55 AM
Spaniard, last year was a long time ago. Heard has much more fire this year, especially starting at the Rice game a few weeks ago. You will all get to see his size, speed, strength, and athleticism first hand Saturday night. You'll see him blow up some plays single handedly. He really is a man among boys if you try to start comparing him.

Megatonpitch
11-21-2003, 11:03 AM
Heard can be a stud when he wants to be. Too bad he doesn't really want it. I watched him block on a power play were Wharton was about to score. He was going after a guy that maybe weighed 180. Heard could have crushed him, but instead, he dove at his knees and completely missed.

<small>[ November 21, 2003, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Megatonpitch ]</small>

playa 3
11-21-2003, 11:12 AM
If all you want to do is look at mistakes, which every player makes in a game, then you are missing the point. Not even the Burnet players play a mistake free game. Heard's overall effect on a game shows how good he really is. Most teams avoid him because they know what he can do.

<small>[ November 21, 2003, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: playa 3 ]</small>

Megatonpitch
11-21-2003, 11:26 AM
That was just one example from one game, you want another???? How about this one: 5 step drop, Heard gets beat to the outside, falls on the ground, diving for the end, lays on the ground, watches the QB scramble, QB reverses his field, Heard gets up to a knee, QB runs backwards 10 more yards, Heard still on a knee, QB starts running right at Heard, Heard finally gets up, but doesn't block a soul.

The list could go on and on.

I think Heard has the potential to be great. But I don't think he has worked as hard as he should or that he goes as hard as he should.

With that said, when he does go, he is a man among boys. But he is not in shape to go that way every play and that is why I feel the way I do. He will make some big plays in the Burnet game, but they will be few and far between.

I would take Rollman from Burnet before Heard anyday. Simply because he goes hard every play. I would rather have a 250 lb lineman that goes with his best effort every play than a 350 lb lineman that only goes when he feels like it.

Actually, I wish Heard the best at Miami, I hope he improves and becomes a star for them. I just think his work ethic will have to improve.

playa 3
11-21-2003, 11:41 AM
See, I appreciate your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm ready for the game to get going. Sure wish it was tonight instead of Saturday.

whrtntig1
11-21-2003, 11:45 AM
Me,too. Burnet fans- our drillteam will be performing their second number to your side. Hope you enjoy it!

duckbutter
11-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Burnet will score until they get tired of it and show a little mercy.
Burnet by 30+

playa 3
11-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Burnet has done that all year from the looks of all their other games. They better not get tired of scoring, if they can score that much, because Wharton will keep up this year. Much closer game, with Wharton winning!

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-21-2003, 12:51 PM
Yes, Wharton folks,
You're right he certainly was impressive. The one play he made was an offside penalty!! Oh, I almost forgot, him TRYING to chase Stephen but
gave up , got on all fours gasping FOR AIR. Yes that was VERY impressive.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan
"The bigger they are the harder they fall"!!

playa 3
11-21-2003, 02:17 PM
GreatBigBurnetFan, he rarely even plays offense, except when they are on the goal-line. The kid is impressive, whether people think he plays every down or not. He can and will dominate whenever he wants to. He'll be ready for this game, so expect some domination from him.

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-21-2003, 02:29 PM
Hey playa3,
I don't believe I said he played offense. I said he got an offside penalty, you get those on defense. I sais he was chasing Stephen. Stephen McGee plays offense, that puts Mr. Heard on defense. If your going to comment at least know the game.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

Tiny
11-21-2003, 03:00 PM
I will have to say after watching Wharton last year against Burnet this won't be close!!!! Burnet by at least 30. Wharton is very talanted but does not play as a team, Burnet will ROLL!!!!

Megatonpitch
11-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Never plays offense????? Have you even watched Wharton???? He starts at tackle. I am beginning to think you are not even from Wharton. Just one of those people who likes to stir things up.

Number Two
11-21-2003, 03:14 PM
Wharton is as good as they want to be.
If they are not ready for thump-thump season to start, this could be a good game.

crabman
11-21-2003, 04:29 PM
Both the Burnet fans and Wharton fans have some good points on Kellen Heard. He is lazy. He does take plays off. He does end up on the ground a lot. He is one of the most irritating people to watch play the game of football. That being said, when he wants to go you had better watch out. Like Playa3 said he is a difference maker. He may only go 100% on a half dozen plays the entire game. When he does, you will just drop your jaw. I watched him rush the quarterback from his defensive end position and just kind of stand up and lean on people and then on a coulple of plays he was faster than Reggie White. He was an absolute blur. He forced a fumble that was returned for a touchdown. On the blocked field goal at the end of the game, he came over two boys that weigh 250 and go all out on every play. It was like they weren't even there. You can't coach 6'-7" and 370 lbs. You would take him and think that you could get him to give you 100% on every play. The problem is that Coach Roberts has never been able to get it done. Maybe the guys at Miami can. Heard can be a human highlight film, but that is all you will get, the highlights. Everything in between will drive you crazy.

rodeo6
11-21-2003, 04:54 PM
Heard played almost the whole game offensively and defensively against Rice.So playa you had better do your research.And besides falling on people he didnt do a whole lot. The praise should really go to your linebackers and ends on defense.

bulldogman
11-21-2003, 07:32 PM
I can't wait till tomorrow. The game will not be close. Burnet will dominate and playa3 and his friends will be invisible on here for awhile. Good luck to all.

Hot Rod
11-21-2003, 07:47 PM
if my memory serves me after last years game i heard the players talking about the wharton line and them asking not to hit them anymoore as the were wore down from burnets persitance an dedication to win . i dont see much differant this year

BurnetBandRules
11-21-2003, 08:46 PM
You know, this is the same talk that was said by the Wharton Tigers last year.....they have a big line....good quaterback......and look for a good game......Well, I say that the outcome is going to be the same, too!!!

Bestdamsportsshowperiod
11-22-2003, 12:13 AM
So let me get this straight. Heard is a big lazy slob on the football field according to some people. He gets a four year scholarship to the University of Miami. Well Kellen congratulations! To all you people who are talking negative about a 17 yr old , your true colors are coming out. Yep he's so lazy he didnt even impress those Miami recruiters. Something isnt adding up.