PDA

View Full Version : how in the world....

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 02:15 AM
do you beat OU and then lose to SMU?

SintonFan
09-11-2005, 02:29 AM
By having "the mother of all letdowns"...
But I don't think OK is all that special this year. I bet they still think they are. Combine "still" and "think" and you get "stink".:clap:

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-11-2005, 02:45 AM
you know sintonfan, , i like that analysis. the statement you made is very true. but the sooners under stoops still deserve respect. as much as i dont like them they deserve that, IMHO.

lepfan
09-11-2005, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
But I don't think OK is all that special this year. I bet they still think they are. Combine "still" and "think" and you get "stink".:clap:

OU is not 'all that special' this year...and we know it! We have work to do...it won't be an easy year. I don't smell anything:rolleyes: :)

SintonFan
09-11-2005, 02:47 AM
I agree but there is so much less mystique now. First time Stoop lost the opening game of a season and last years lost in the title game?:o
Roses starting to wilt?;)

lepfan
09-11-2005, 02:51 AM

Roses starting to wilt?;)

No roses(to wilt) this year IMO :(

Diocletian
09-11-2005, 03:07 AM
they can stop the run, that's all

TexasHSFootball
09-11-2005, 03:11 AM
i will never hear the end of it now.. on AIM or my board... i have a die-hard SMU fan that will beat the subject to death. :doh:

Diocletian
09-11-2005, 03:16 AM
I really thought they'd have a great year..........now all is lost!!!

MARLINDOGS
09-11-2005, 06:04 AM
Games like these will blow your mind.

lostaussie
09-11-2005, 08:59 AM
wow, i just saw this score. tcu must be absolutely sick at this point. on the other hand this has got to be a great win for coach bennett and smu. they needed something like this.

injuredinmelee
09-11-2005, 09:35 AM
because SMU is good at football.

Wow say that outloud and see how ridiculous you sound.

lostaussie
09-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
because SMU is good at football.

Wow say that outloud and see how ridiculous you sound. i used to say it all the time, back in the day. you remember, uncrowned national champs and the pony express. that was fun. but it was a long time ago.

turbostud
09-11-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

The same way you beat #15 Okie State and then lose to Baylor.

big daddy russ
09-11-2005, 09:48 AM
You know, I really think OU will get better as the season wears on. They're a notch below OSU right now but when all that talent starts to gel they'll get better. May not beat Tech or A&M, but they'll start putting the fear of God into those teams. Next year they'll be feared all over again.

turbostud
09-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You know, I really think OU will get better as the season wears on. They're a notch below OSU right now but when all that talent starts to gel they'll get better. May not beat Tech or A&M, but they'll start putting the fear of God into those teams. Next year they'll be feared all over again.

As long as Adrian Peterson stays in school.

ro_tex_solja
09-11-2005, 12:23 PM
as bad as oklahoma looks this year with the loss to tcu the sooners will still beat the aggies

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
The same way you beat #15 Okie State and then lose to Baylor.

Ouch! :D

mustang04
09-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Ouch! :D

haha, that dude beat me to it, i was gonna bring up A&M haha

SintonFan
09-11-2005, 07:17 PM
"fear of God" lol
Next thing you know everyone who plays OK will have a tornado or something.:D
I do think OK will be good, just not good enough to be national title contenders this year.

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
Games like these will blow your mind.
exactly

they got a lot of media hype, as should a national championship runner up should, but they are starting from about ladder rung number 2 right now...they could very well go 6-5 this year

Pmoney
09-11-2005, 08:50 PM
they could very well go 6-5 this year
That would be nice:D

lostaussie
09-11-2005, 08:52 PM
i don't think it is that desperate in norman yet.

SintonFan
09-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Nah, OK has way too much talent and coaching to go 6-5. They could end up with 3 loses for once in Stoop's era, though.:o

lostaussie
09-11-2005, 09:03 PM
i'll go along with 3. they could do nothing but hand the ball to peterson every play from here on out and not lose 5.

pantherpop
09-11-2005, 09:12 PM

**** happens !!

SintonFan
09-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
**** happens !!
Calm down pop. Noone should be more pi$$ed than the Aggies.:o I'm still mad about the Tiger loss.:( :(
Don't pile on when cuz a non-Texas team won.:)