PDA

View Full Version : Question on UT...

Tidal Wave
09-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Is this UT team still a young team?or will there be alot of seniors leaving after this year....just wondering......peace

gobblerfan02
09-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Tidal Wave
Is this UT team still a young team?or will there be alot of seniors leaving after this year....just wondering......peace Don't know, don't care...just hate vince young.....wish major still played!

smustangs
09-11-2005, 01:22 AM
vy is a much better qb than major was granted major was a good qb but not near what vy is to the horns now

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 01:27 AM
ehh, major and vy were different in that vy is so explosive by himself, major was such a good quarterback in that got each and every other player into the game and made them better, i don't think that vy makes everyone better as well as major did, i think he makes the team better because of his al lout skill that he has and that get's them wins

but eh, a W is a W

smustangs
09-11-2005, 01:39 AM
very well put but i still think for the team vy is a better qb cuz of his explosivness and he may not get everyone involved but cuz of he is so explosive defenses design for him and it opens things up for texas ie: the passing game tonight

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
very well put but i still think for the team vy is a better qb cuz of his explosivness and he may not get everyone involved but cuz of he is so explosive defenses design for him and it opens things up for texas ie: the passing game tonight plus major was super humble, i think when they put in simms during the big 12 championship game and had been picked 3 time, and i saw him rooting on simms still, telling everyone on the sidelines that he's still your quarterback, that's what impressed me

NHSRattler60
09-11-2005, 01:59 AM
The team is really a good mix of new and old. They have more experience than they did last year, and the guys they brought in are familiar with the offense and defense. The few kinks they have are soon to be worked out and I think they'll be a force to be reckoned with this year.

I cannot wait for the A&M - UT game. My sis is Alumni, so I have my seat.

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 02:00 AM
it'll be a close game, but i think that texas might run the table this season if they get past us, which even vy will say that kyle is a hard place ot play

Diocletian
09-11-2005, 03:09 AM
the Major was benched for good reasons.......the Sims baby was a choke and still is................may Vince Young live long with cattle on his Helmet.................HE IS ALLWAYS THERE FOR THE BIG GAME AND BIG PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOOK'UM VINCE!!!!!!!!!

sinton66
09-11-2005, 09:15 AM
I said several times last year when aggie fans were dogging VY that all he needed was receivers that could make slight adjustments to the ball when it's in the air. He didn't have that last year. He does this year. Pittman is a legit receiver with huge talent. Sweed appears to be coming into his own. Mark my words, when Shipley gets to play at the same time as Pittman and Sweed, you're going to see some fireworks.

injuredinmelee
09-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Don't know, don't care...just hate vince young.....wish major still played!
How can you hate VY?

injuredinmelee
09-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
it'll be a close game, but i think that texas might run the table this season if they get past us, which even vy will say that kyle is a hard place ot play

Wondering how much harder Kyle will be than the horseshoe?

Gp83
09-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
How can you hate VY?

He hate's VY because VY will be running up and down the field on those aggies.

BMOC
09-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

The game will depend on how big McNeal plays. If he shows up, could be the game of the year.

Gp83
09-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by BMOC
The game will depend on how big McNeal plays. If he shows up, could be the game of the year.

Are you freaking kidding me? Game of the year was last night. I see TEXAS blowing out a and m.

Pmoney
09-11-2005, 10:40 AM
VY will say Kyle is hard to play at but did u see him last night he was calm w/ a record 105,000 people......Texas wins big

big daddy russ
09-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
the Major was benched for good reasons.......
And what reasons were those. I'll even help jog your memory... knee injury.

Old Tiger
09-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Here is some info Tidal_Wave

If no one leaves early for graduation the will return O/D: 7/7

Offensive Seniors: Brian Carter, David Tomas, Jonathan Scott, and Will Allan

Defensive Seniors: Rod Wright, Aaron Harris, Cedric Griffin, and Michael Huff

Special Team Seniors: Richmond McGee, David Pino, and Nick Shroeder(LS)

Hopefully VY will stay!

injuredinmelee
09-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

Hopefully VY will stay!

Good research. Its like the idiot Musberger said last night, " Macks biggest Recruiting job this fall will be to get Vince to stay." Personally I dont see Vince staying

Pmoney
09-11-2005, 11:45 AM

Hopefully VY will stay!
Thanks for the info

Pmoney
09-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Good research. Its li9ek the idiot Musberger said last night, " Macks biggest Recruiting job this fall will be to get Vince to stay. Personally I dont see Vince staying
Mack has been very good at getting his star players to stay in Texas for their Senior year....Ricky Williams and Roy Williams....and soon Vince Young:D

Old Tiger
09-11-2005, 11:56 AM
I think he will stay to work on his passing game. I know it is much improved from last year but it needs to be a lot better to be used at the NFL level.

JHS_c/o_06'
09-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
when Shipley gets to play

Someone told me that he tore the same ACL again.....is that true?

Gp83
09-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
Someone told me that he tore the same ACL again.....is that true?

God I hope not.

injuredinmelee
09-11-2005, 12:28 PM
just the hamstring injury still. Being that he hasnt seen the field in a college game yet I assume that Mack was afraid to put him in a game this big. Mack isnt known for giving a freshman a shot in big games IE Cedric against OU

Old Tiger
09-11-2005, 12:32 PM
I can imagine it right now....Limas Sweed, Jordan Shipley, and Billy Pittman...man!

You have to be careful with hamstring injuries whenever you think it's ready you should sit out another week to be dang sure, they can bother you for a long time.

sinton66
09-11-2005, 01:16 PM
I can imagine it right now....Limas Sweed, Jordan Shipley, and Billy Pittman...man!

You have to be careful with hamstring injuries whenever you think it's ready you should sit out another week to be dang sure, they can bother you for a long time.

Shipley and Pittman are legitimate deep threats, and if they use him correctly, Sweed is tall enough and tough enough to catch the short ones over the middle. Could get VERY interesting.

Astrosdawg07
09-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Mack has been very good at getting his star players to stay in Texas for their Senior year....Ricky Williams and Roy Williams....and soon Vince Young:D

What about Derrick Johnson and Cedric Benson!

Old Tiger
09-11-2005, 02:30 PM

Hopefully VY will stay! The big shoes to fill would have to be Jonathan Scott, Will Alan, Rod Wright, Cedric Griffin, Michael Huff, and Richmond McGee