PDA

View Full Version : has jasper collapsed

AggieJohn
09-10-2005, 11:18 PM
1-2 out of the gate, what's going on with them?

Hupernikomen
09-10-2005, 11:35 PM
as if you care about Jasper.

Don't you have a silly thread to create?

espn1
09-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
as if you care about Jasper.

Don't you have a silly thread to create?
LMAO! TWICE!

GreenMonster
09-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
1-2 out of the gate, what's going on with them?

They are too busy hoarding the Official 3-A Downlow Flag to concentrate on football.

wos fan1
09-11-2005, 12:58 AM
1-2 out of the gate, what's going on with them? They'll be just fine..

SintonFan
09-11-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by wos fan1
They'll be just fine..
I agree.:clap:
AJ is just wondering if they have dropped off since last year maybe?:thinking:
I myself doubt they have lost all that much.:clap:

Tiger90
09-11-2005, 01:01 AM
So Jasper loses to WOS in a close game and stumbles against a border line 5A school, yet they are collapsing? It is going to be sad to watch those washed up and collapsed Bulldogs destroying folks in November and December. Jasper was 3rd in their district and still made the title game last year. You have to be struggling to think of a decent topic if you have to post about Jasper faltering.

Something is wrong when a Tiger has to defend our rival.

gobblerfan02
09-11-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I myself doubt they have lost all that much.:clap: No doubt in my mind Jasper will be a playoff contender!

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 01:14 AM
just curious, why does everyone have to castrate me when i ask a question, it' just sounds like they've been struggling, and that's not normally jaspers style

gobblerfan02
09-11-2005, 01:15 AM
just curious, why does everyone have to castrate me when i ask a question, it' just sounds like they've been struggling, and that's not normally jaspers style everyone struggles every once in a while!

kepdawg
09-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Absolutely! Jasper has collapsed! Don't plan on Jasper ever winning another football game! I've actually heard things are so bad that they are considering dropping football all together!

gobblerfan02
09-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Absolutely! Jasper has collapsed! Don't plan on Jasper ever winning another football game! I've actually heard things are so bad that they are considering dropping football all together! That'll never happen!

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Absolutely! Jasper has collapsed! Don't plan on Jasper ever winning another football game! I've actually heard things are so bad that they are considering dropping football all together!

WOS92
09-11-2005, 01:19 AM
They should breeze through district, as it appears no one else in that district is capable of winning a game. Silsbee is looking like 4A Silsbee and Kirbyville is looking baaad.

gobblerfan02
09-11-2005, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
They should breeze through district, as it appears no one else in that district is capable of winning a game. Silsbee is looking like 4A Silsbee and Kirbyville is looking baaad. Jasper is fast.....but not unstoppable, as their record shows...but they will bounce back come playoffs!

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Jasper is fast.....but not unstoppable, as their record shows...but they will bounce back come playoffs!
that's the appropriate post i was looking for, not criticism for asking

SintonFan
09-11-2005, 02:39 AM
just curious, why does everyone have to castrate me when i ask a question, it' just sounds like they've been struggling, and that's not normally jaspers style
In your defense you do tend to ask the hard questions, but sometimes it comes out harder than intended?:thinking:
Don't worry only less than .5% of Texas want's you castrated. Remember 3A towns tend to be pretty small.:D
j/k AJ ;)

MARLINDOGS
09-11-2005, 06:14 AM
Jasper will be in the playoffs.The games they lost where tough teams.

lostaussie
09-11-2005, 08:20 AM
they had 3 losses upon entering the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME last year. probably have played the toughest schedule in the state so far. i think they will be just fine.

Hupernikomen
09-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
they had 3 losses upon entering the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME last year. probably have played the toughest schedule in the state so far. i think they will be just fine.

I wouldn't say we have played the toughest, but a tough one for sure. Doesn't get any easier next couple of weeks. Lot of young players on this team still trying to learn the game. Jasper will be fine by playoff time.

bulldogbark
09-11-2005, 09:40 AM
and from the ground came a stir ,, and out of the stir came a lone Paw.....then two....then came the head of a growling bulldog pulling himself out of the grave that many have put him in. He steps forward shakes off the dust and and gives a mighty howl......IM NOT DEAD .... I JUST HAD TO FIND A FIREHYDRANT....

We will be ok,,,we live and learn,,,GO DAWGS

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
and from the ground came a stir ,, and out of the stir came a lone Paw.....then two....then came the head of a growling bulldog pulling himself out of the grave that many have put him in. He steps forward shakes off the dust and and gives a mighty howl......IM NOT DEAD .... I JUST HAD TO FIND A FIREHYDRANT....

I'm glad you explained the "stir".....I thought it was another stink being stirred. ;)

NSUTrumpet08
09-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Although it pains me to see that they are losing some games, you have to see that these are tough opponents. WO-S has always been a formidable team. PNG a strong playoff team and Central sounds like they're better than last year...i dunno...but the point is that you win some you lose some. Even though our state ranking will take a hit, district are the games that make or break you going to the playoffs.

I think it was 2000 when Jasper had a 3-7 record and we still made it to the playoffs...0-5 non district but that 3-2 district record got us into bi-district where we were handled by WOS in Conroe...i still remember that game...even though it's been almost 5 years ago...mainly because the band didn't have to wear uniforms...just blue jeans and being bundled up...it was cold...i think we got criticized for just wearing normal clothes and letter jackets.

j_dog
09-11-2005, 05:18 PM
For certain, Beaumont Central handed it to Jasper big time. But as Tiger90 said Central is a borderline 5a team which traditionally is very talented. Evidently they now have their coaching situation straightened out. In fairness to Jasper players and coaches, please wait to see how Central's season plays out. From what I have read they well may turn out to be a major surprise in 4a football this year. From Jasper's perspective, the best thing is that there is no way Jasper will have to play Central in the playoffs. :cool:

West22
09-11-2005, 05:25 PM
could be the strength of the teams they have played

j_dog
09-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Sorry if this sounds like an excuse, but Jasper DID have their Div I LB prospect out to hopefully a short-term injury. Compounding that is the fact that he is a 2 way player. Some Jasper folks believe the talent is there for this team to be better than the team that lost to Gilmer in the finals last year. Only time will tell. And what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. :)

Astrosdawg07
09-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Newton should be a good test due to the fact emotions will be high and it's also in Newton. I would imagine our full squad will play. But who knows GO DAWGS!

WOS1
09-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Sorry if this sounds like an excuse, but Jasper DID have their Div I LB prospect out to hopefully a short-term injury. Compounding that is the fact that he is a 2 way player. Some Jasper folks believe the talent is there for this team to be better than the team that lost to Gilmer in the finals last year. Only time will tell. And what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. :)

When you're a 3A team and your cog in the defensive front is out, it makes a difference. Central had success running on the Dawgs, missing the linebacker had to hurt.

Astrosdawg07
09-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
When you're a 3A team and your cog in the defensive front is out, it makes a difference. Central had success running on the Dawgs, missing the linebacker had to hurt.

Thank you WOS1. :thumbsup:

strike hard
09-11-2005, 09:28 PM
Jasper plays a difficult non-district schedule to prepare them for district. The district games are the only games that matter. Jasper will be fine when district comes around.

SintonFan
09-11-2005, 11:15 PM
I understand. I do know that we have lost a juco recruit or 2.:p
But they have come back and will be pretty good.:D :p :D
lol
sour grapes? hail ya! lol
jus havin some fun...

j_dog
09-11-2005, 11:24 PM
I understand. I do know that we have lost a juco recruit or 2.:p
But they have come back and will be pretty good.:D :p :D
lol
sour grapes? hail ya! lol
jus havin some fun...
nothing wrong with having a few juco recruits! :D wish Jasper had more of them! this year they have to settle for a few Div I guys. ;) :p

SintonFan
09-11-2005, 11:28 PM
nothing wrong with having a few juco recruits! :D wish Jasper had more of them! this year they have to settle for a few Div I guys. ;) :p
lol
:D

WOS1
09-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Having a tough predistrict schedule is a double edge sword. While I have always felt the risk is worth the reward. This year it has bit us as we will be without 5 players going into the game next week with Central (the team that beat Jasper) and then Newton the following week. This will make us better though, it's been like three weeks of playoff type atmosphere so far and we have 2 more left that will be similar. Those teams who play no one and look like champs right now are the same teams that will end up 10-1.