PDA

View Full Version : citizens overwelmingly voted to ban smoking in Corpus Christi restaurants

pirate44
09-10-2005, 11:09 PM
on a good note, the IHOP wont smell like an ash tray. on a bad note, our property rights go out the window.

PhiI C
09-10-2005, 11:17 PM
Man I'm up in smoke over this! (and I don't even smoke!) :mad:

AggieJohn
09-10-2005, 11:17 PM
out of curiousity how is the city able to control something like this

District303aPastPlayer
09-11-2005, 12:00 AM
they just do i guess...

SintonFan
09-11-2005, 12:05 AM
Cities all over the Great US of A are overstepping their authority based upon junk science(pertaining to second hand smoke). Our liberties are at stake and noone seems to care as propaganda seems to have taken the place of actual journalism.:(

GreenMonster
09-11-2005, 12:09 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Nothing worse than going to your favorite restaurant and coming out smelling like an ashtray. You gotta go back home for a shower and a change of clothes before you can finish your evening. Way to go Corpus Christi, kudos to you.

SintonFan
09-11-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
:clap: :clap: :clap: Nothing worse than going to your favorite restaurant and coming out smelling like an ashtray. You gotta go back home for a shower and a change of clothes before you can finish your evening. Way to go Corpus Christi, kudos to you.
It should be left open to individual businesses as they for the most part are property owners. What you see going on now is called "incrementalism". The more rights you lose the less freer we become. It won't happen overnight, of course.

GreenMonster
09-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
It should be left open to individual businesses as they for the most part are property owners. What you see going on now is called "incrementalism". The more rights you lose the less freer we become. It won't happen overnight, of course.

I'm sorry, I should apologize. I didn't quite read the entire post before I opened my big mouth. I am a non-smoker and I have no desire to eat around smokers. On the other hand, I feel it is discriminating against smokers to tell them they cannot smoke somewhere/anywhere. I am a firm believer in a seperate, but equal, smoking dining area and non smoking dining area. Segregated if you choose to use that word. This way everyone can have what they want. In time, if we let it happen, the USA will become just as Communist as the old Soviet Block countries.