PDA

View Full Version : Is Vince now a legitimate Heisman Candidate (poll)

Adidas410s
09-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Also...is he a legit dual threat QB???

JHS_c/o_06'
09-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Yes.....to both....anyone who says otherwise after this showing tonight should be shot.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-10-2005, 10:50 PM
He showed poise tonight.

Tidal Wave
09-10-2005, 10:50 PM
If Vince did this good to this defense with those awesome linebackers imagine what he will do to the mediocre defense..HES GONNA TEAR EM UP BABY....WOOOHOOO!!

Gp83
09-10-2005, 10:52 PM
VINCE IS...DA MAN:inlove:

JHS_c/o_06'
09-10-2005, 10:53 PM
I wonder what AggieJohn will find in this game to nitpick about???:D :rolleyes:

Leopards,class of 75
09-10-2005, 10:53 PM
I voted yes to both too. How many come from behind wins has Vince had? He is only a Junior too!

HillBoy
09-10-2005, 11:00 PM
He looked scrappy at times but when you break it down he is just a winner and a dangerous athlete.

AggieJohn
09-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
I wonder what AggieJohn will find in this game to nitpick about???:D :rolleyes:
honestly i don't have too much too nitpick, i did agree with the announces that i think that VY was trying too hard and wasn't in rythym after that first drive, however, he did settle down....my only legitimate complaint is his throwing motion is still not over his helmet and that is going to hurt him if he wants to be a legitimate qb in the NFL

Gp83
09-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
honestly i don't have too much too nitpick, i did agree with the announces that i think that VY was trying too hard and wasn't in rythym after that first drive, however, he did settle down....my only legitimate complaint is his throwing motion is still not over his helmet and that is going to hurt him if he wants to be a legitimate qb in the NFL

Wow, you're a tough crowd to please. I thought Young looked best in 1st quarter.

AggieJohn
09-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
Wow, you're a tough crowd to please. I thought Young looked best in 1st quarter.
he looked amazing on the first drive, he had 52 yards on that drive, but after that the osu line stoped blitzing and covered the wholes to stop him from running as much, which caused him to get his 250 yrds tonight...i don't want you to think that i don't think that he didn't do really good tonight, vince did great

Gp83
09-10-2005, 11:07 PM
he looked amazing on the first drive, he had 52 yards on that drive, but after that the osu line stoped blitzing and covered the wholes to stop him from running as much, which caused him to get his 250 yrds tonight...i don't want you to think that i don't think that he didn't do really good tonight, vince did great

He...DA MAN:clap:

11TARPON
09-10-2005, 11:10 PM
I wonder if McNeil will do any better against Texas State?

Tidal Wave
09-10-2005, 11:12 PM
ON the comment about Vince not throwing over his head.....well considering that he is a 6'6 quarterback hes able to pull off some throws that other qb's cant...the one thing however that i dont like about Vince is that when hes about to get sacked he doesnt fall down and take the sack and instead tries to pull off a hard pass..........other than that...HES A BEAST....peace

AggieJohn
09-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by 11TARPON
I wonder if McNeil will do any better against Texas State? you mean mcneal? and it will be like texas playing ULL, hopefully!

11TARPON
09-10-2005, 11:19 PM
you mean mcneal? and it will be like texas playing ULL, hopefully!
Doesn't sound like you have much confidence.

wannabgobbler08
09-11-2005, 12:05 AM
Can you say the new Mike Vick!!

chs_#75
09-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Tidal Wave
If Vince did this good to this defense with those awesome linebackers imagine what he will do to the mediocre defense..HES GONNA TEAR EM UP BABY....WOOOHOOO!! \

amen to that brother... those linebackers were damn good... i can only imagine what he will do to a "D" without that much talent in those positions...

donjuan
09-11-2005, 12:44 AM
anyone who thinks Vince is not a Heisman candidate is a straight running idiot. he just beat the #4 team in the country at their place and beat the Vegas odds too.

MARLINDOGS
09-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by donjuan
anyone who thinks Vince is not a Heisman candidate is a straight running idiot. he just beat the #4 team in the country at their place and beat the Vegas odds too. :clap: :clap:

gobblerfan02
09-11-2005, 01:10 AM
Dang, I was the only one to say NO to both...still think he is not heisman material....has to much of a "happy feet" thing goin' on...go ahead, let the bargering begin...I can take it from all the TU fans!:D

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by 11TARPON
Doesn't sound like you have much confidence.
no everytime i act like i have confidence someone tries to back play me on it, so i'd rather not be cocky about it

gobblerfan02
09-11-2005, 01:13 AM
no everytime i act like i have confidence someone tries to back play me on it, so i'd rather not be cocky about it

Go ahead and be cocky aggiejohn, UT SUCKS!

BMOC
09-11-2005, 01:43 AM
got to agree with MD, won on the road, against #4, and beat the odds!!!! VY is legit, that freshman running back isn't to bad either. Where is he from???

mustang04
09-11-2005, 01:44 AM

it wont hurt him, i promise, who says that u HAVE to throw over the helmet?? REALLY.....?!?!

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
it wont hurt him, i promise, who says that u HAVE to throw over the helmet?? REALLY.....?!?! http://www.collectibleconcepts.com/NFL/NFL-shield.jpg

Diocletian
09-11-2005, 03:14 AM
He's already known as dual threat ever since he was recruited........

And of course, he was a Hiesy pick at the start of this season, and after the 1st 2 games his play is better than expected, so it's only logical that he is right at the top currently

MARLINDOGS
09-11-2005, 06:01 AM
He should be.:clap: :clap:

big daddy russ
09-11-2005, 10:01 AM
As far as the problems with the throwing motion go, let the NFL scouts worry about that. At the college level, he's one of the three or four best QB's in the nation... and yes, he can throw the ball.

Pmoney
09-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Hes both....

Old Tiger
09-11-2005, 10:53 AM
He is throwing almost 70% completion percentage. About 10% higher than last years completion percentage.

mustang04
09-11-2005, 12:39 PM
http://www.collectibleconcepts.com/NFL/NFL-shield.jpg

yeah, well the NBA says u have to do this and this and this to have good "shooting form"....u ever see Reggie Miller shoot?? no form, but he's so good at it that it doesnt make a difference

im just curious, who sat down one day and said "this is the proper way to throw, or the proper way to shoot, etc.....it should be how that person feels most comfortable with

swaterfan
09-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by wannabgobbler08
Can you say the new Mike Vick!!

lets not get carried away....this guy is not to that point yet.......personally id take marcus over vince young but thats just me

swaterfan
09-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
As far as the problems with the throwing motion go, let the NFL scouts worry about that. At the college level, he's one of the three or four best QB's in the nation... and yes, he can throw the ball.

you havnt been watchin football then.....look at DJ Shockley from georgia and tell me VY is better than him

mustang04
09-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by swaterfan
you havnt been watchin football then.....look at DJ Shockley from georgia and tell me VY is better than him

ok,.....VINCE YOUNG IS BETTER THAN HIM

OldSkool1
09-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
got to agree with MD, won on the road, against #4, and beat the odds!!!! VY is legit, that freshman running back isn't to bad either. Where is he from???

J. Charles is from Port Arthur Memorial...I think hes the new back...Selvin has a little problem called holding on the the football

swaterfan
09-11-2005, 12:47 PM
yeah, well the NBA says u have to do this and this and this to have good "shooting form"....u ever see Reggie Miller shoot?? no form, but he's so good at it that it doesnt make a difference

im just curious, who sat down one day and said "this is the proper way to throw, or the proper way to shoot, etc.....it should be how that person feels most comfortable with

theres a difference tho if you really look at reggie millers form it does end up doing the same thing as the normal shot becuase at the end of his shot his shooting arm is still straight and thats the only important factor

mustang04
09-11-2005, 12:59 PM
theres a difference tho if you really look at reggie millers form it does end up doing the same thing as the normal shot becuase at the end of his shot his shooting arm is still straight and thats the only important factor

and if u look at vince youngs throw, u can see how once the ball leaves his hand, his arm is in about the same position as someone who throws over the helmet, i like vince youngs better cuz he can just zip it there....doesnt have to hardly rear back like other QB's do

big daddy russ
09-11-2005, 01:35 PM
I think I've watched enough SEC ball to safely say that Young is better than Shockley. Are you really going to tell me that after only two games as a starter (and only one other game- Georgia Tech- that he's seen decent playing time) that Shockley's better?

Shockley's the third-best QB in the SEC right now, IMO. Give him another two weeks, I might bump him up above Jay Cutler and behind Chris Leak.

Vince Young is a notch below Omar Green, in the same category as Leak, Reggie McNeal, and Matt Leinart. Just below them, you have the Marcus Vicks and the Brad Smiths, who are still better than Shockley.

mustang04
09-11-2005, 01:38 PM
I think I've watched enough SEC ball to safely say that Young is better than Shockley. Are you really going to tell me that after only two games as a starter (and only one other game- Georgia Tech- that he's seen decent playing time) that Shockley's better?

Shockley's the third-best QB in the SEC right now, IMO. Give him another two weeks, I might bump him up above Jay Cutler and behind Chris Leak.

Vince Young is a notch below Omar Green, in the same category as Leak, Reggie McNeal, and Matt Leinart. Just below them, you have the Marcus Vicks and the Brad Smiths, who are still better than Shockley.

i agree 100%...but, who is omar green?!?!?!

big daddy russ
09-11-2005, 01:40 PM
i agree 100%...but, who is omar green?!?!?!
LOL, I meant Omar Jacobs of Bowling Green... kinda meshed the two together.

mustang04
09-11-2005, 01:51 PM
LOL, I meant Omar Jacobs of Bowling Green... kinda meshed the two together.

i was confused lol....u really think hes better than young, mcneal or leinart?

Astrosdawg07
09-11-2005, 01:56 PM
UT has a dual threat goin in their QB, now if we could get ours goin in Jasper.

Old Tiger
09-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Omar Jacobs is a bad mofo

big daddy russ
09-11-2005, 03:14 PM
i was confused lol....u really think hes better than young, mcneal or leinart?
Any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

JasperDog94
09-11-2005, 04:49 PM
I don't know how anyone can say he's not a legit candidate. Maybe not the front runner, but definitely a candidate.

ro_tex_solja
09-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Dang, I was the only one to say NO to both...still think he is not heisman material....has to much of a "happy feet" thing goin' on...go ahead, let the bargering begin...I can take it from all the TU fans!:D

u know i was really hopin noone from cuero would say something that idiotic...holy crap....lol
i still hope your not one of those aggie fans that is still mad about the clemson game so u have nothing better to do but take credit away to what v young has done the 1st 2 games especially yesterday

wannabgobbler08
09-11-2005, 05:35 PM
lets not get carried away....this guy is not to that point yet.......personally id take marcus over vince young but thats just me

OK....Apparently we can tell you are not a UT fan!

JasperDog94
09-11-2005, 05:51 PM
This has nothing to do with being a fan. It has to do with looking at a guy's performance and judging whether or not he's a Heisman candidate. Some folks have a hard time putting their hatred for Texas behind them and having an objective opinion.

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 07:17 PM
i will put my objection for texas behind me, vince is a legitimate front runner, probably number 3 on the list, behind those two guys in cali