PDA

View Full Version : Bay City 21 W0-S 21 in second half

Old Cardinal
09-10-2005, 09:12 PM
LaDaris White has been the standout with a 46 pass reception and a critical interspection for the WO-S team.
Bay City was susposed to be quite down this year but are proving hard to put away tonight. Fourth quarter is beginning now with Orange having the ball.

Old Cardinal
09-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Ladarius White former superstar for LC-M catches another TD pass. Score now 27-21 WO-S winning.

Old Cardinal
09-10-2005, 09:27 PM
First play, Bay City throws a TD to Cordario Williams. Score now 28-27 for Bay City 9:06 left to go. It's second and 12 on 29 yard line. Throw to LaDarius White goes to the 17 yard line.

Old Cardinal
09-10-2005, 09:31 PM
WO-S gets score from 9 yards out now WO-S 33-28, time out. Will they go for two to try to seal the win??? It's time out to re-group....

Old Cardinal
09-10-2005, 09:35 PM
WO-S QB goes in on two-point conversion now 35-28....

Old Cardinal
09-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Black Cats gaining good rushing yardage now in Mustang territory. Cats first down on 39....These Cats down seem to be "down" this year as predicted!
Cats on 31....

setex
09-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Bay City scores with .12..... 35-35 tie, roughed the the kicker on PAt, BC takes point off the board and then fails on the 2 pt try. WOS win

PhiI C
09-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Never take points off the board. Especially when you have cinched a tie and OT. Bad judgement.

Old Cardinal
09-10-2005, 09:50 PM
2:14 left to play.....It's timeout now. Cats threatening.... This LaDarius White has really been great on both offense and defense.
Bay City switches to the ""shotgun" on 29 ...its second and 10

kepdawg
09-10-2005, 09:53 PM
This is possibly the most confusing thread ever.

Is the game over?

If so, what was the final?

Old Cardinal
09-10-2005, 09:54 PM
37 seconds clock running...pass to 10 yard line...17 seconds left....No time outs left 4th down!

WOS87
09-10-2005, 09:55 PM
WO-S 35
Bay City 34

FINAL!!!!!

setex
09-10-2005, 09:56 PM
I guess Old Card is on a dial up.

D. R. Hooks
WOS wins 35-34. Bay City kicked a PAT to tie game 35-35 with 12 seconds left, but took the points off the board to go for two points and avoid OT. Bay City then failed the two point conversion. WOS wins 35-34

PhiI C
Originally posted by kepdawg
This is possibly the most confusing thread ever.

Is the game over?

If so, what was the final?

I was thinking the same thing kep!

PhiI C
09-10-2005, 09:57 PM
A great game indeed! But never take points off the board especially when you have a tie in my opinion. Hind site is often much more acturate than foresight but this was not good judgement in my opnion. Great game by both teams though.

Old Cardinal
09-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Bay City scores it 35-35. Personal foul roughing the kicker against WO-S...Bay City may go for the win?? Bay City did not make the 2 pt. conversion ahead 35-34. It was headed into overtime but BC took the point off the board to try to win instead of going into overtime...

Leopards,class of 75
09-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I was thinking the same thing kep! LOL, too funny! Well at least the game was a good one!

Bullaholic
09-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Bay City scores it 35-35. Personal foul roughing the kicker against WO-S...Bay City may go for the win/?? Bay City did not make the 2 pt. conversion ahead 35-34 It was headed into overtime but BC took the point of the board to try to win instead of go into overtime...

Hats off to Bay City for sheer "guts"--- I'm sure their coach will have to endure the second-guessers now. Congrats to WO-S for a great win.

setex
09-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Old Card thanks for the updates, but Look up once in awhile.

Old Cardinal
09-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Bay City now 0-3 after losing tonight by one point 35-34

Would you have taken the overtime point off the board to try to win the game?????

setex
09-10-2005, 10:05 PM
I disagree, non-district game at home, down by 14 in this game, big comeback, great opponent, heck let's get that yard and half.

Great call coach.

WOS great goal line stand.

D. R. Hooks
09-10-2005, 10:08 PM
If I were the Bay City coach, I probably would have done the same thing. Who knows what happens in OT. He controlled his fate and I would take the chance that I could get 1 yard in one play to guarantee a win.

The easy decision is take the extra point.

Then again, that's why I'm not a coach.

RBARKER
09-10-2005, 11:02 PM
I just got back from the game it was close indeed. If you were their it was a good call by the black cats to go for two. WOS could not stop them all night up the middle ,but they did on the play they needed two. Folks if this team is #1 in the state then I feel pretty good about my Eagles. WOS is an above average team top ten maybe, but no where near the top five. If so then 3A is very week this year. I have seen some good teams play ball and WOS did not impress. Beasly however did impress me that kid is awesome WOS will be hurting next year with out him.

GS#17
09-11-2005, 12:09 AM
Fair enough... We had some key injuries (one during the game)and this was not the greatest of games WOS has played or will play, but I'll take an unimpressive win against a good 4A team than a loss any day of the week. :)

3&2count
09-11-2005, 12:09 AM
I think going for two was a good move. Guess what guys, in the end the game does not hurt their chances for a playoff run. These are all building games. Learn from them. The coaches record is the only thing that is affected by these games.

WOS92
09-11-2005, 01:06 AM
This is a rivalry game: When these teams play, you throw the records out the window.

I'm sure it's much easier to look "impressive" against a team such as Vidor, but I'd rather hone our skills against challenging opponents. I'm glad you're able to gauge a team's skill level by one game, though. But it's really no less impressive - judging from the stats - than BH's win over a winless Dickinson team. They're pretty comparable, actually. Bay City's losses were to LaMarque and Beaumont Ozen.

gobblerfan02
09-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by 3&2count
I think going for two was a good move. Guess what guys, in the end the game does not hurt their chances for a playoff run. These are all building games. Learn from them. The coaches record is the only thing that is affected by these games. Cuero went for two and won this week against Wharton....to bad for the tigers, they had the advantage....but a little luck never hurt! And like you said, a warm up for playoffs!

WOS92
09-11-2005, 01:37 AM
WOS is an above average team top ten maybe, but no where near the top five.

Fine, fine... but keep in mind that the two teams above us in the AP poll fared no better than we this week. It's not about impressing random rogue fans from other schools - it's about winning. Despite the challenges tonight, we won against a team that is always a threat in 4A and is one of our big rivals. We could easily schedule teams like Veeedor and Deweyville and little Catholic schools and look really impressive, but it wouldn't really help us like facing a team with several D1 prospects and a ton of depth. Even though it wasn't our best outing, we walked away from "The Rig" better than we came in - except on the injury front.

AggieJohn
09-11-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by setex
I guess Old Card is on a dial up.
or doing a play by play in his head

wos fan1
09-11-2005, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
Fine, fine... but keep in mind that the two teams above us in the AP poll fared no better than we this week. It's not about impressing random rogue fans from other schools - it's about winning. Despite the challenges tonight, we won against a team that is always a threat in 4A and is one of our big rivals. We could easily schedule teams like Veeedor and Deweyville and little Catholic schools and look really impressive, but it wouldn't really help us like facing a team with several D1 prospects and a ton of depth. Even though it wasn't our best outing, we walked away from "The Rig" better than we came in - except on the injury front. Your right. Bay City will end up once again being a very good (4A) school.

X Man
09-11-2005, 06:39 AM
I didn't make the game,and was forced to listen to it on the radio. And even if some think it was unimpressivem, OK, no problem. I am happy with the win because once again, against greater odds, WOS gritted their teeth, played hard, and did what was neccessary to get the win. With that said, I hope WOS never makes it to the #1 spot on the AP poll, I just hope they make it to the finals to win the #1 spot for the year.

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Beasly is a very good QB, very good arm, verry accurate and a pretty good runner... BC had him stopped in the first half but he busted loose a few times in the second half...

BC looked down from when I saw them last year but they looked great in the second half...

I woulda gone for the two myself after the penalty... a playoff spot wasn't on the line and a playoff win wasn't on the line, go for the win...

WO-S looks pretty good... have the best 5 foot 5 LB I've ever seen...

The offensive line did pretty good against those two hogs up front for BC, but BC still got into the backfield...

#12 for WO-S is a heck of a running back... looked like he had oil all over his uni cuz he was slipping off of people, cutting back and forth...

If I had to compare this team to anyone it'd be Wharton, just with a better QB and maybe a tad slower D... but yes, they look very dangerous...

Great game and great win...

GS#17
09-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Thanks... I'm sure you read the earlier posts, but I'm sorry I missed you guys -- I would've enjoyed meeting you. I am glad, though, that you all got to watch a game with an exciting finish and that none of you all jinxed us -- you all are still welcome on the WOS side! :D

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by GS#17
Thanks... I'm sure you read the earlier posts, but I'm sorry I missed you guys -- I would've enjoyed meeting you. I am glad, though, that you all got to watch a game with an exciting finish and that none of you all jinxed us -- you all are still welcome on the WOS side! :D

I brought my good luck lighter :D

Obviously, I didn't take it to the Wharton game :rolleyes:

Man, I believe Bay City is a lot closer to Pearland than WO-S is, and y'all brought a hell of a lot more fans than they did... good fans... enjoyed the 'rowdy' one :D

No comment on your drill team though... :eek:

Great team y'all have...

wos fan1
09-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Beasly is a very good QB, very good arm, verry accurate and a pretty good runner... BC had him stopped in the first half but he busted loose a few times in the second half...

BC looked down from when I saw them last year but they looked great in the second half...

I woulda gone for the two myself after the penalty... a playoff spot wasn't on the line and a playoff win wasn't on the line, go for the win...

WO-S looks pretty good... have the best 5 foot 5 LB I've ever seen...

The offensive line did pretty good against those two hogs up front for BC, but BC still got into the backfield...

#12 for WO-S is a heck of a running back... looked like he had oil all over his uni cuz he was slipping off of people, cutting back and forth...

If I had to compare this team to anyone it'd be Wharton, just with a better QB and maybe a tad slower D... but yes, they look very dangerous...

Great game and great win... Thanks Gobbla. Just wish you could have seen Beasley run more like in our first 2 games. We were flat last night both sides of the ball.

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Thanks Gobbla. Just wish you could have seen Beasley run more like in our first 2 games. We were flat last night both sides of the ball.

I think I saw enough of him to be nervous about a Cuero WO-S match-up... very quick... very accurate thrower... good receivers as well...

WOS1
09-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
I just got back from the game it was close indeed. If you were their it was a good call by the black cats to go for two. WOS could not stop them all night up the middle ,but they did on the play they needed two. Folks if this team is #1 in the state then I feel pretty good about my Eagles. WOS is an above average team top ten maybe, but no where near the top five. If so then 3A is very week this year. I have seen some good teams play ball and WOS did not impress. Beasly however did impress me that kid is awesome WOS will be hurting next year with out him.

Feel good about your Eagles???? Play somebody then get back to me... you gave up 21 points to Dickinson and what, 20 to Vidor? Vidor dude, be for real, how can that make you feel good. I'll take a 1 point win over a proven power with 2 of our defensive lineman out any day. Just keep on doubt'in..;)

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Man you WOS fans sure are a bunch of excuse making whiners! If any one gives a thought to your team besides " WOS is the Greatest" the complaining begins. You folks are in for a long season and need to face reality your team is good ,but no ring for the mustangs this year. Looking at you program at the game you whole team is fast but very small. There where 4 guys on the whole team that were 6' or over and youre biggest weight was 250. This is why Huffman ran all over you guys last year. first team you face in the playoffs with a large O line and a running back your season is over. The Mustang D allows way to many points to be a factor in this years playoffs and looking at the sidelines your depth is very low. If Mr. Beasly gets hurt this year yall are in deep S@@t. Now Yall were giving people a hard time saying you need to watch the mustangs before you can have an opinion. I have watched them and that is my opinion, Now I ask you the same. Pull yourself out of East Texas and come watch BH play. If I'm wrong about WOS then I will except my serving of crow, but WOS IMHO will not fare well in the playoffs. Last question do any of you guy go watch any other teams beside those in East Texas?

wos fan1
09-11-2005, 11:46 AM
No excuses. We AIN'T playing whimps. We played flat last night on both sides of the ball. Bay City is not Vidor or Dickinson. Vidor won't even play us in a non district game. We'll be better when we get our hurt players back. We were also just about out of players last night. Size don't mean anything. Ask some of the 4A teams from this year and 2000 when we were 4A. By the way BH is moving to 4A in February.

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 11:52 AM
I keep hearing yall saying that Bay City is a much better team than Vidor or Dickinson. I'm sure those two teams would have something to say about that. But since they are not here what makes you so sure that Bay City is so much better? Is is because you have seen all three this year like I have, Probally not. Please lets not make stupid statment to make your team look better. Other may listen but I know better, Vidor or Dickenson would give Bay City a run for their money.

WOS92
09-11-2005, 11:53 AM
I hope we are in for a long season! Hopefully it will be 15 games or so. That being said, we have one of the toughest pre-district schedules in the state and we are sitting at 3-0. Last night we faced a team with an ABUNDANCE of size. What was the outcome? I'm not complaining about your criticism. I am simply stating that it's hard to take such criticism seriously from a fan of a team that hasn't fielded a championship caliber team in a long time.

wos fan1
09-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Don't even respond to those BH people. I guess they think we play 3A teams every week in non district. Is Bay City 3A??? Unless they moved down since last night and i don't know about it. I could understand if we were barely beating 3A teams.

WOS1
09-11-2005, 11:57 AM
No comment on your drill team though... :eek:

Watch it now... my daughter is on that drill team. Are you sure you're not talking about the band and flag core? If so, I'll agree with you, but the Fillies did an awesome job I thought. They work extremely hard and practice almost as long as the football team does. I don't see how you can say they didn't do well.:rolleyes:

WOS92
09-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Are you familiar with Vidor? They are one of the state's most traditionally-bad teams. They finish at or near the bottom of the district every year. Do you know when they last made an appearance in the playoffs? Do you know how terrible they were last year? Do you know that their other opponent this year is Gulf Shores - a team with five games this year, whose school is located in a strip mall?

WOS1
09-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Man you WOS fans sure are a bunch of excuse making whiners! If any one gives a thought to your team besides " WOS is the Greatest" the complaining begins. You folks are in for a long season and need to face reality your team is good ,but no ring for the mustangs this year. Looking at you program at the game you whole team is fast but very small. There where 4 guys on the whole team that were 6' or over and youre biggest weight was 250. This is why Huffman ran all over you guys last year. first team you face in the playoffs with a large O line and a running back your season is over. The Mustang D allows way to many points to be a factor in this years playoffs and looking at the sidelines your depth is very low. If Mr. Beasly gets hurt this year yall are in deep S@@t. Now Yall were giving people a hard time saying you need to watch the mustangs before you can have an opinion. I have watched them and that is my opinion, Now I ask you the same. Pull yourself out of East Texas and come watch BH play. If I'm wrong about WOS then I will except my serving of crow, but WOS IMHO will not fare well in the playoffs. Last question do any of you guy go watch any other teams beside those in East Texas?

Play someone other than a cream puff and I'll come watch... :hand:

Excuses? Well, if having 2 defensive lineman out is an excuse then I guess your right. Ask Bay City what a difference 2 people can make.

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Well I guess I'll stop now since you WOS people have no facts to back up anything you say. Goodluck to the Mustangs I'll get back with you after you wake up from your dream. Which should be around round # 2.. I do want to go on record that I have nothing against the Players, coaches or students of WOS. I just have a problem with delusional fans that can't face facts. I mean It's great to back your team, but it sure makes them look silly when they loose.

Goodluck Mustangs I hope you can hold up to the Hype that your fans put out.

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 12:10 PM
I mean It's great to back your team, but it sure makes them look silly when they loose.

We are 3-0 big daddy. Get your facts strait.

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Are you familiar with Vidor? They are one of the state's most traditionally-bad teams. They finish at or near the bottom of the district every year. Do you know when they last made an appearance in the playoffs? Do you know how terrible they were last year? Do you know that their other opponent this year is Gulf Shores - a team with five games this year, whose school is located in a strip mall?

Yes I'm aware of all of these facts. Are you aware that it is 2005 and all of that crap that happen before today does not mean nothing. Seriously you fans need to see what going on this year all of those other years are gone. Wake UP

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Play someone other than a cream puff and I'll come watch... :hand:

Excuses? Well, if having 2 defensive lineman out is an excuse then I guess your right. Ask Bay City what a difference 2 people can make.

Another stupid attempt to make WOS schedule look better. "Cream Puff" you can down the teams we have played all you want the fact is you don't know crap about 2005.

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 12:16 PM
You keep talking about us losing to huffman last year. So did you. And you lost to liberty. I know this is 2005, but are you going to beat them teams this year. I know wo-s has allready beaten 2 teams this year that beat us last year. Thats improvment right there.

WOS1
09-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Goodluck Mustangs I hope you can hold up to the Hype that your fans put out.

Please show where we have "hyped" our team. I mean what do you expect, just except your less than positive analysis and say we agree, we suck?

YOU, have said we have "hyped" our team, but have no basis for your accusation.

YOU, have proclaimed that we will not make it more than 2 rounds which is nothing more than speculation based on one game against a proven program even though we are 3-0 against a tough schedule.

WE, have stated you can't judge us against your teams games because they are against teams that are not that good and have, like you, played a weak schedule. While some of that could be considered speculation, history proves that it isn't.

Soooo... who is delusional here?

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Supertilley
You keep talking about us losing to huffman last year. So did you. And you lost to liberty. I know this is 2005, but are you going to beat them teams this year. I know wo-s has allready beaten 2 teams this year that beat us last year. Thats improvment right there.

Could be or those team have lost some talent from last year. Each Year is so different in HS football. I hope we can beat Huffman and Liberty this year.Time will tell. I watch one of your guys get carried off the field last night, is he going to be alright?

WOS1
09-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Another stupid attempt to make WOS schedule look better. "Cream Puff" you can down the teams we have played all you want the fact is you don't know crap about 2005.

"stupid", number 1, you need to be EXTREMELY careful where you are going here.

Number 2, anyone with any football knowledge of this area knows it is, without a doubt, a cream puff schedule. The fact you are even trying to argue that point shows your knowledge in this area. You'd be better off just saying that all we can do is beat the teams on our schedule and shut TF up!

BHKrystal06
09-11-2005, 12:35 PM

...shut TF up!
Careful what you say.

WOS1
09-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Could be or those team have lost some talent from last year. Each Year is so different in HS football. I hope we can beat Huffman and Liberty this year.Time will tell. I watch one of your guys get carried off the field last night, is he going to be alright?

We will not know what is wrong with the young man until Monday. He was on crutches after the game. His name is Lawrence Cook, he is our starting defensive tackle and a fine, fine, young man. I hope he is OK.

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 12:36 PM
This is how you can tell if you have a cream puff schedule.

Ask yourself this. Would I be suprised if my team was not 3-0 right now? If they answer is yes, then it's all cream puff.

As for my team, I would not be suprised if wo-s was 0-3.

But I would be mortifed if b-h was.

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 12:38 PM
" shut TF up!

He is talking about this guys that has been talking smack. His name is Ty Fuller. Hence the initals TF!

He was telling barker to shut (TF) ty fuller up.

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Please show where we have "hyped" our team. I mean what do you expect, just except your less than positive analysis and say we agree, we suck?

YOU, have said we have "hyped" our team, but have no basis for your accusation.

YOU, have proclaimed that we will not make it more than 2 rounds which is nothing more than speculation based on one game against a proven program even though we are 3-0 against a tough schedule.

WE, have stated you can't judge us against your teams games because they are against teams that are not that good and have, like you, played a weak schedule. While some of that could be considered speculation, history proves that it isn't.

Soooo... who is delusional here?

#1 - I did not say that WOS sucked in this thread, I have said that in other threads, but have explained numerous times that is was a joke. I have said that you team is good. Go back and read

#2 - I could spend a day digging up threads from all over the WWW of examples of WOS poster claiming how great this team is. I'm to lazy to do the research , but if you just open your eyes it won't be hard to find these coments.

#3 Bay Citys program is proven but this years team is not. Your tough schedule is not that tough this year. The teams that are on it this year with the exception of 2A Newton are weaker than in years past. My 2 round prediction is just like your speculation of our weak schedule that you don't know crap about. Remember step into 2005 come on you can do it.

#4 I still think the answer to you last question is YOU
:D :D

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 12:44 PM
"stupid", number 1, you need to be EXTREMELY careful where you are going here.

Number 2, anyone with any football knowledge of this area knows it is, without a doubt, a cream puff schedule. The fact you are even trying to argue that point shows your knowledge in this area. You'd be better off just saying that all we can do is beat the teams on our schedule and shut TF up!

OMG please don't tell me that you are threatening me on a computer? I'll try to me EXTREMELY Careful.

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 12:47 PM
We will not know what is wrong with the young man until Monday. He was on crutches after the game. His name is Lawrence Cook, he is our starting defensive tackle and a fine, fine, young man. I hope he is OK.

Goodluck hope he will be ok

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 12:49 PM
He is talking about this guys that has been talking smack. His name is Ty Fuller. Hence the initals TF!

He was telling barker to shut (TF) ty fuller up.

Nice try :D :clap:

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 12:51 PM
I am going to throw up a poll. I know you won't stand alone, rbarker.

Old Cardinal
09-11-2005, 12:53 PM
I see Supertilley was talking about "Facts Strait" and I was wondering if he is any kin to "George Strait"?

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 12:55 PM
I see Supertilley was talking about "Facts Strait" and I was wondering if he is any kin to "George Strait"?

LOL I wasn't going to say anything because I'm a horrible speller myself.

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Watch it now... my daughter is on that drill team. Are you sure you're not talking about the band and flag core? If so, I'll agree with you, but the Fillies did an awesome job I thought. They work extremely hard and practice almost as long as the football team does. I don't see how you can say they didn't do well.:rolleyes:

Yah, they did do a great job...

They have some very pretty ladies out there... as far as I'll go... gotta remember I'm 22 now :D

Now I hope you understand... ;)

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 12:56 PM
I am going to throw up a poll. I know you won't stand alone, rbarker.

On no it isn't going to be an RBARKER haters poll is it?:D

Gobbla2001
09-11-2005, 12:58 PM
I do not believe that the WO-S posters are saying that Bay City is a heavy contender for a title or anything, they're just telling the truth, Bay City, though down a bit this year from last year, is a lot better than you'd be led to believe...

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 12:59 PM

Yes, they are.

WOS92
09-11-2005, 12:59 PM
I think you need something else to fill the space that is currently occupied with your absolute obsession with WO-S. It's funny. I don't CARE about Barber's Hill. I think they suck, but I'm not going to hit every single BH-related thread to say so. I'm not going to spend half of my time on this board trying to prove that they're overrated. I only do so in defense of my own team. I'm not a jerk, so I'm not going to go around trying to belittle another team just because they are getting hype. I'm here to support my team and follow what's going on around the state. I'm not here to rain on anyone else's parade. If that's what is in your character, then so be it. It's a little sad. But right now, my team is 3-0 against three tough teams. I'm quite happy with how we look. We were up against one of the biggest teams we'll see all year, and I think I stated several times on this board that I expected to lose last night. We won. If we face teams with lots of size down the road, we've proven that we can win despite that.

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 01:00 PM
I do not believe that the WO-S posters are saying that Bay City is a heavy contender for a title or anything, they're just telling the truth, Bay City, though down a bit this year from last year, is a lot better than you'd be led to believe...

Oh I understand Bay City is a good team I was just defending that Vidor and Dickinson were pretty good also. Dickinson and Bay City would be a good match.

Old Cardinal
09-11-2005, 01:05 PM
To RBARKER: You may be wrong about Orange, it appears that they may well have(according to latest rumors) 7 blue chip Division I southern Louisiana possible All State candidates evacuees that will join them a little later. If this is true, with that depth added to the present talent base; I would think they can win state. In fact, if these fine young men join them I would satute the team in 3A Division I, that could beat that kind of near 4A enrollment team.

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 01:05 PM
I think you need something else to fill the space that is currently occupied with your absolute obsession with WO-S. It's funny. I don't CARE about Barber's Hill. I think they suck, but I'm not going to hit every single BH-related thread to say so. I'm not going to spend half of my time on this board trying to prove that they're overrated. I only do so in defense of my own team. I'm not a jerk, so I'm not going to go around trying to belittle another team just because they are getting hype. I'm here to support my team and follow what's going on around the state. I'm not here to rain on anyone else's parade. If that's what is in your character, then so be it. It's a little sad. But right now, my team is 3-0 against three tough teams. I'm quite happy with how we look. We were up against one of the biggest teams we'll see all year, and I think I stated several times on this board that I expected to lose last night. We won. If we face teams with lots of size down the road, we've proven that we can win despite that.

Fair enough. Except for the BH sucks part, Come out and watch us sometime. You said you don't go around a belittle other teams huh??? BH has a good team this year and will do well. My obsession is not with WOS just the ignorance of some of its fans.

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 01:08 PM
To RBARKER: You may be wrong about Orange, it appears that they may well have(according to latest rumors) 7 blue chip Division I southern Louisiana possible All State candidates evacuees that will join them a little later. If this is true, with that depth added to the present talent base; I would think they can win state. In fact, if these fine young men join them I would satute the team in 3A Division I, that could beat that kind of near 4A enrollment team.

Rumors....shumors!

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 01:09 PM

This is true that is if coach Hooks doesn't get caught in a recruiting violation that would make them forfiet the season. Ive heard some rumors, but they are probally just that of WOS coaches being seen at the community centers. BC should give the Mustangs a run for that district title.

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 01:11 PM
This is true that is if coach Hooks doesn't get caught in a recruiting violation that would make them forfiet the season. Ive heard some rumors, but they are probally just that of WOS coaches being seen at the community centers. BC should give the Mustangs a run for that district title.

There is no recruiting going on. Open your eyes. Orange is the first town you come to from across the river. No doubt they have more people for LA there.

WOS92
09-11-2005, 01:12 PM
I didn't say "they suck." I said, "I think they suck." One is fact, the other is opinion.

WO-S has taken in a few players, but none are varsity players. The WO-S coaches have not been at community centers. WO-S has taken in no more students than any of the other school districts in the area.

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Ok folks I'm loggin off, you can have the last word. Goodluck to the Mustangs next week.

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Me too! To nice of a day to waste on the internet!

Old Cardinal
09-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Of course they are sub-varsity players at present--THAT is a UIL ruling. I said that they will join the Varsity when the UIL allows: which is at least a few weeks away. I want to make in perfectly clear that Orange Coaches did not comb through the evacuees centers and Ford Park looking for players. The Coaches like Hooks, Thompson, Ragsdale, etc: are men of character and not opportunist per say.
The rumor is that FAN supports located players and encouraged LA players to join a potential State Championship team. It will be easier for these good transfer athletes to get Scouts to see them play and maybe give them a needed football scholarship.

WOS92
09-11-2005, 01:25 PM
That is so strange - I heard the same thing about Bridge City fans trying to recruit evacuee players over to the red and white!

Old Cardinal
09-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Boy, From the results Orange fans are better at it than everyone else put together! :D

WOS1
09-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Of course they are sub-varsity players at present--THAT is a UIL ruling. I said that they will join the Varsity when the UIL allows: which is at least a few weeks away. I want to make in perfectly clear that Orange Coaches did not comb through the evacuees centers and Ford Park looking for players. The Coaches like Hooks, Thompson, Ragsdale, etc: are men of character and not opportunist per say.
The rumor is that FAN supports located players and encouraged LA players to join a potential State Championship team. It will be easier for these good transfer athletes to get Scouts to see them play and maybe give them a needed football scholarship.

OC, thank you for vouching for our coaches character.

Barker, the only ignorance I've seen is your lack of knowledge about the local football climate. Yes, it is 2005 and your 2 wins are against teams with a combined 2-4 record. Nothing has changed.

Krystal, there is a person on here who has a user name of ***. Kids do not know what that means and if they do, then you need to counsel their parents, not me.

WOS1
09-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Hey WOS92, we're at page 6 in one day. How far will you wager this thread gets?

wos fan1
09-11-2005, 02:32 PM
To RBARKER: You may be wrong about Orange, it appears that they may well have(according to latest rumors) 7 blue chip Division I southern Louisiana possible All State candidates evacuees that will join them a little later. If this is true, with that depth added to the present talent base; I would think they can win state. In fact, if these fine young men join them I would satute the team in 3A Division I, that could beat that kind of near 4A enrollment team. Man we need players bad now. We actually had to put JV guys in the 2nd half last night. No Louisiana players yet!

X Man
09-11-2005, 03:13 PM
The UIL ruling, as I read it, said that players had to sit out 15 days. There was nothing about having to serve on JV 15 days. The 5 players that came to WOS, are all on Freshman or JV teams.

I would never say Barbers Hill sucks, or anything like that. They have a proven performance record. I will say that the teams they have played this year are not of the same caliber as the teams that WOS has played. That doesn't take a thing from BH. Yall lighten up a bit!

Old Cardinal
09-11-2005, 03:29 PM
I have a serious question for you Orange folks on 3A down Low. How do you really feel about people that called Coaches all across Louisiana trying to locate prime players to assemble on one team?
I am not too worried about BC and WO-S playing in football: we go Div. II, you go Div. I and that is how it plays out this year.
I will say this, BC will probably win Baseball, Volleyball, Track, Softball, Golf, Band contest, Tennis, all Academic encounters(especially Math & Science), CrossCounty(Boys & Girls); so they will do OK in these other endeavors.
It's just a valid interesting question for each of you to ponder and answer, if you choose.

GS#17
09-11-2005, 03:35 PM
How do you really feel about people that called Coaches all across Louisiana trying to locate prime players to assemble on one team?

I don't know of anyone doing that, so I have no opinion. I certainly wouldn't put any credence on unfounded rumors and I'd be very careful to point the finger and make criminal or unethical accusations about anyone. My advice is you should be very careful with these types of posts.

The rest of your post is meaningless and has nothing to do with anything in this thread.