PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer?

Bullaholic
09-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Where's all the Gilmer folks this season? D2 champs last year and looking good this season. Who are the immediate major threats in East Texas to keep them from repeating?

Pmoney
09-10-2005, 06:36 PM
im wondering....is Gilmer's schedule tough???

Bullaholic
09-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
im wondering....is Gilmer's schedule tough???

I'll bet we're gonna find out real quick, PMoney...

mwynn05
09-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Gilmer Daingerfield will be a good game

lostaussie
09-10-2005, 07:22 PM
as far as some other schools in the state our schedule is not very tough. have already beaten 1 4a school in pine tree. play another week after next in paris. beat them last year 62-16. that will not happen this year. this is a very young team playing many sophs. and juniors. i think officially we have 3 seniors starting. big test will be d'field in a couple of weeks. this team and the scheme they run have a chance of going deep in the playoffs. another state title run, i doubt. look for the buckeyes to finish at either
9-1 or 10-0 in the regular season. when the playoffs start we will see how much they have grown up. on the other hand, ya'll better get us this year because for the next 2 years we will be very dangerous. 31-1 over the last 2 and a bit years is a record that we are very proud of and hope to continue well into the next several years. we shall see!!!!!!!

Bullaholic
09-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
as far as some other schools in the state our schedule is not very tough. have already beaten 1 4a school in pine tree. play another week after next in paris. beat them last year 62-16. that will not happen this year. this is a very young team playing many sophs. and juniors. i think officially we have 3 seniors starting. big test will be d'field in a couple of weeks. this team and the scheme they run have a chance of going deep in the playoffs. another state title run, i doubt. look for the buckeyes to finish at either
9-1 or 10-0 in the regular season. when the playoffs start we will see how much they have grown up. on the other hand, ya'll better get us this year because for the next 2 years we will be very dangerous. 31-1 over the last 2 and a bit years is a record that we are very proud of and hope to continue well into the next several years. we shall see!!!!!!!

Thanks, lostaussie, that's the kind of no-nonsense, informative report I was hoping to see from somebody from Gilmer. I don't see anybody in the East Texas neighborhood but Daingerfield,Tatum, or Canton giving them a run in the D2 playoffs right now.

lostaussie
09-10-2005, 07:57 PM
i think it is very possible gilmer could go d1. gladewater is by no means a lock to make the playoffs. if they do not make it we go up. as far as etexas(reg 2) its pretty much the same old teams. i honestly think tatum is actually down a little from last year. the teams that really scare me are d'field who we play in a couple weeks and atlanta. the rabbitts gave kilgore all they wanted last night and actually had a chance to win in the end. they are alot like gilmer in that they are very young but very fast. we would not meet until playoffs. on the other hand, if we do not show up to play against d'field we can kiss that little winning streak, which at that time should be i think 21, goodbye. we can score in bunches as evidenced last night (by scoring 28 in 4 minutes) or we can self destruct basically as we did last night for the 1st 3 quarters. don't get me wrong, i do not want to sound like the naysayer. we are a very good team. just not yet up to the caliber of where we were last year. but you know what---- not many teams are!!!!!!

fatcat255
09-10-2005, 10:02 PM
This appears to be a very weak year overall in East Texas Region 2.

Gilmer does appear to be good again and the class of our area. They stand the best chance to make a deep run.

Daingerfield & Tatum have played well enough to be considered near their level.

Due to their schedules, Atlanta and Liberty-Eylau will be a mystery until a couple weeks into district play. Would anticipate both being contenders come playoff time.

Carthage could sneak up and be the darkhorse of the region.

Van may also be one to keep an eye on.

Canton gave up 40 points to Sabine. Drop them from the list.

There may be someone I'm forgetting, but I don't believe there are many others out there that have even a chance to make a post-season impact.

sundevil
09-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Gilmers Schedule:

2005 Gilmer Buckeyes Football Schedule

August 25 (Thursday Game), East Texas Classic – Tyler Rose Stadium 8:00 pm

Gilmer vs. Pine Tree (Gilmer will be the visiting team)

September 2 Jefferson vs. Gilmer HOME

September 9 Lindale vs. Gilmer HOME

September 17 (Saturday) Gilmer vs. Paris (in Mt. Pleasant)

September 23 Pleasant Grove vs. Gilmer HOME

September 30 Gilmer vs. Daingerfield AWAY

October 7 District Gilmer vs. Sabine AWAY

October 14 District Mineola vs. Gilmer HOME - Homecoming

October 21 District Gilmer vs. Gladewater AWAY

October 28 District Pittsburg vs. Gilmer HOME – Senior Night

Gilmer posters usually reside on smoaky.com which covers mostly NETexas football. A couple of us come to visit this site to see what is going on in South, Central, and West Texas. We or atleast I don't have anything to add about threads on Sinton, Hutto (I love that their mascot is a HIPPO....great), or any other of a hundred teams since the only ones we see are the ones that make it out of your Region.

We have been told for the last 3 years that our schedule is week mostly due to our district but we can't do anything about that. We get spun into a new district every two years (yes everyone does...) but we are always on a pivot going West, North, or South. We rarly play in a district to the East because there are only enough in that area to make a district before you get to Louisiana or Arkansas. So unlike some of the tough districts you guys talk about being in year in in year out we play our lack-luster districts and let everyone tell us how we are going to get beat as soon as we play anyone from a tought district. I think I am beginning to sound sinical but I am not. Just stating what gets said over and over again. Just wanted to give you some history.

fatcat255
09-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by fatcat255
This appears to be a very weak year overall in East Texas Region 2.

Gilmer does appear to be good again and the class of our area. They stand the best chance to make a deep run.

Did not intend to lead on that Gilmer is weak.

Many of the programs who have had varying levels of success in ET Region 2 appear to be having down years. Gilmer is an obvious exception and appear to be in a class by themselves at this point.

Atlanta will probably be up there with them when all is said and done.

Daingerfield and Tatum appear to be next on the list.

After these 4, the list is extremely short.