PDA

View Full Version : BH vs Diboll

shellman54
09-10-2005, 04:54 PM
BH is 3-0, Diboll is having an off year. Game is in Diboll. Thoughts?

expect2win08
09-10-2005, 06:29 PM
i think that barbers hill wins this one by 7-14. They look impressive and diboll hasnt impressed.

Old Cardinal
09-10-2005, 07:53 PM
BH 32 Diboll 3.......... I don't see anyone even crowding BH for a while. They have the players this year.

BHtheHILL
09-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Old Card, Glad to have your support this year & you are quiet right we do have the players this year. BC is not looking to shabby either. Hopefully we will meet up in the playoffs. To much Eagle for the Lumberjacks. BH 35 Dibol 14

HillBoy
09-10-2005, 10:51 PM
I will also take the Eagles in this one. It sounds like things havent been clicking in Diboll this year. The Eagles will soar to 4-0 and win 42-14

RBARKER
09-10-2005, 11:06 PM
I suprised about diboll the are returning 8 on offense and 6 on Defense from last years team that gave the Eagles all the wanted. Diboll is having an off year thus far and the Eagles are healthy and improving each week. BH 42 Diboll 7

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 11:39 AM
TTT

mistanice
09-11-2005, 12:08 PM
It's going to be a long night for the jacks. I predict they will keep it close, until the eagles start wearing down the defense.

Word around town is that Diboll's coach Finis Vanover will no longer be the coach after this season ends, and coach Kevin Hurley (led basketball team to state tourney) will take over. Also heard of rumors of Coach Martel coming back to take the job.

hsfootballrules
09-11-2005, 03:22 PM
I think game is closer than everyone expects. BH will be caught looking ahead to next week

BH pulls away late 42-21

Rainman
09-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Barbers Hill played Dickinson in historic Hill fashion, close in the first half and pulls away and as all ways the game helps iron out any questions. With that one behind them the Eagles will be ready to play. Diboll a good team and a tough game last year is down this year and will soon get a swift kick.
Barbers Hill 35
Diboll 3

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
It's going to be a long night for the jacks. I predict they will keep it close, until the eagles start wearing down the defense.

Word around town is that Diboll's coach Finis Vanover will no longer be the coach after this season ends, and coach Kevin Hurley (led basketball team to state tourney) will take over. Also heard of rumors of Coach Martel coming back to take the job.

Coach Martel would be a good pick he got them panthers in Anahuac believing. Hey Mistance any good play around Diboll to get some grub before the game?

Supertilley
09-11-2005, 04:44 PM
I would be willing to bet there is a DQ somewhere near by...Just look for The Texas stop sign.

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Supertilley
I would be willing to bet there is a DQ somewhere near by...Just look for The Texas stop sign.

I said good grub:D

shellman54
09-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Yeah, somewhere where I can't order a Belt Buster, Lord knows I don't need to eat any more of those!

EastTeXBulldog
09-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Diboll looked pretty well coached against Carthage. They didn't have near the athletes of Carthage but still played a decent game.

RBARKER
09-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by EastTeXBulldog
Diboll looked pretty well coached against Carthage. They didn't have near the athletes of Carthage but still played a decent game.

Diboll is always well coached and when we played them last year they were tough. I don't care what their record is I hope BH doesn't over look this team. These teams with loosing records are hungry for a win and will get up for a game like this.

mistanice
09-12-2005, 01:15 AM
RBarker, to get some good food, you should drive 10 miles north of Diboll to Lufkin. I'd say the most popular place in town is a tex-mex place called Cafe Del Rio. They stay the busiest from open to close hands down. If you're looking for some seafood, try Ralph and Cackoos. I can't think of any other places that you would be a first for you. Then there are the other places like Chilli's, Applebees, Wingstop(my fav.), Outback, etc..

pm for directions

Jody
09-12-2005, 06:57 AM
RBarker, to get some good food, you should drive 10 miles north of Diboll to Lufkin. I'd say the most popular place in town is a tex-mex place called Cafe Del Rio. They stay the busiest from open to close hands down. If you're looking for some seafood, try Ralph and Cackoos. I can't think of any other places that you would be a first for you. Then there are the other places like Chilli's, Applebees, Wingstop(my fav.), Outback, etc..

pm for directions

Got to be something that will mix with a 12-pack.......That is a long drive....:D

BH by 20 or more.

Big C
09-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Jody and gang-FYI: Booster Club has charted a bus for $25/person. Bus leaves BH at 4:30 pm. Come join the fun. GO EAGLES!!!

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 02:28 PM

pm for directions

Thanks

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Big C
Jody and gang-FYI: Booster Club has charted a bus for $25/person. Bus leaves BH at 4:30 pm. Come join the fun. GO EAGLES!!!

They would kick Jody off the Bus before we got there :D

BHKrystal06
09-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Big C
How many seats are on the bus? Any left?

eagle.eyes
09-12-2005, 02:51 PM
$25.00!!!! Diboll is only 90 miles away. Take 321 from Dayton to Cleveland & you're almost there! Hell, I'll carpool people for $19.95!!!

Big C
09-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by BHKrystal06
How many seats are on the bus? Any left?

Bus holds 50 and so far 26 confirmed. If needed, they may charter a second bus. Think of this as a 90 mile tailgating party!!!!

Big C
09-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
They would kick Jody off the Bus before we got there :D

Trust me, he'll fit right in with a bunch of other BH fans.

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes
$25.00!!!! Diboll is only 90 miles away. Take 321 from Dayton to Cleveland & you're almost there! Hell, I'll carpool people for $19.95!!!

when are we leaving :D

mistanice
09-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Trust me, the ride is no fun. I remember last year trying to stay awake on the way home, having to stop every 15 mins for restroom breaks( I wonder why), I didn't have to go but my passangers did.

RBARKER
09-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Trust me, the ride is no fun. I remember last year trying to stay awake on the way home, having to stop every 15 mins for restroom breaks( I wonder why), I didn't have to go but my passangers did.

I know what you mean I will have some passangers enjoying liquid refreshments that have a bladder of a squirl:D We may have to leave that morning.

HillBoy
09-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Cant wait for the weekend get to see some football on Friday. Then go to the gator fest and have a good time on saturday. Who all will be at the gator fest?

BHBrave08
09-13-2005, 11:40 AM
With Diboll's off year I think it will be...
BH - 42
Diboll - 7

shellman54
09-14-2005, 07:41 AM
ttt

BlueBlood
09-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Barbers Hill in a close one. Diboll seems to be getting better. BH defense has not put it together yet. Offense looks great and I can't wait for the Patton kid to get that cast off.

BHtheHILL
09-14-2005, 09:29 AM
BH should handle the Lumberjacks. But dont take them to lightly as they are capable of pulling off an upset. Just stay focused and take care of bidness!!!!! See Ya at the game BH 38 Diboll 14

Big C
09-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
Barbers Hill in a close one. Diboll seems to be getting better. BH defense has not put it together yet. Offense looks great and I can't wait for the Patton kid to get that cast off.

Don't worry about the defense, they know exactly what needs to be done. A lot of new guys, but the veterans will keep it under control.

EAGLETOWN
09-14-2005, 10:20 AM
The Eagles are playing well both Quarters.

Like always with the second half being the best.

I can't see Diboll staying with the Hill in the first half, and they will be no where close in the second.

Eagles 42
Jacks 7

NateDawg39
09-14-2005, 10:36 AM
It will be close at halftime but come third quarter roundup time, it will end up in a blowout. BH 45-Diboll 14

andy_dufresne
09-14-2005, 12:12 PM

pm for directions

While those are all good places, you gotta go get a burger at Ray's (the original) in Lufkin. Just keep going north on 59. When it turns into Timberland just keep going. You'll see it on the right. Worth the drive.

BHKrystal06
09-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by HillBoy
Who all will be at the gator fest?
ME!!! :D

Jody
09-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by BHKrystal06
ME!!! :D

Always a possibility. :D I will see if any WOS people want to join me.....:D

HillBoy
09-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I just want to comment on something that I have seen. I think friday will be a big night for ced moore most teams have been covering him hard. Which opens Mason up, if Diboll doesnt respect Ced like they should he will have a big game. I think ced will get his first td of the year friday. Ced and mason are a very good receiving dou and chris does a good job of finding the one who is one on one.

GO EAGLES

Rainman
09-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Mason to reciever was one of the best choices that I have seen from the coaches.

Jody
09-15-2005, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Rainman
Mason to reciever was one of the best choices that I have seen from the coaches.

He is good, no doubt. Too bad Chris isn't a full back this year.

eagle.eyes
09-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Hillboy, I too think they are a good duo. Let the other teams worry about Ced and the big play, Mason's a more complete receiver. When other teams figure it out, which I'm sure they already have, Ced will get his in due time. They can't double both of them or Chris will run for 200!

shellman54
09-16-2005, 07:46 AM
OK, it is game day, so I will give my prediction.

BH - 39
Diboll - 12

Jody
09-19-2005, 06:34 AM
Guess we all thought better of Diboll.

Final Score BH 51 - Diboll 0

Not all went well however, BH QB Chris Daniels injured his knee during the secod quarter of the game. A fluke of an injury, but may very well keep him out for a while. Any new news welcome.

Supertilley
09-19-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Jody
Always a possibility. :D I will see if any WOS people want to join me.....:D

I will be there. I want to see Reckless Kelly and robert earl king.

Jody
09-19-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Supertilley
I will be there. I want to see Reckless Kelly and robert earl king.

Look RBARKER and I up when you get there. I will buy you a hot dog or something..... There might be an open season ticket seat near by, so with some luck we may have a seat for you.

PM and I will give you a cell number to reach us.