PDA

View Full Version : Graham Vs Decatur

NateDawg39
09-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Even though Decatur lost a very important player for a few weeks to a ankle injury, i think that they can pull this off. Any thoughts people?

SnyTigBaseB07
09-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Even though Decatur lost a very important player for a few weeks to a ankle injury, i think that they can pull this off. Any thoughts people?

i dont know, i think that losing a player is always a shot to the morale of a team, so its possible that the loss of him is enough for graham to take command and take the big W. but i'll say if Decatur plays well then they'll win.

Decatur 28 Graham 21

NateDawg39
09-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Yes morale will be down no matter what people say to the players. Its possible that Jesse Ortiz, Thomas Staley and Jerod Spence will be out for Graham. Spence with what i heard was a broken ankle and im not sure what happened to the other two yet. They all start on Defense, two linebackers and a linemen. Hurts to think of losing two 3 year starters in Spence and Staley.

VWG
09-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Graham is an interesting work in progress. New offense, heck... checking the stats in the Ft. Worth paper the last few games, they've thrown more passes the first three games than they did throughout Bourquin's tenure at Graham.
QB's are getting shuffled. Soph. and Jr. have split time in each of their games.
Defensively they got blown up by NRH Birdville and their passing attack. (This taken from the FW Star-Telegram)
Graham has some athletes, but they also start a ton of underclassmen. I would guess they've got 4 sophomores on the field starting.... and contributing either offensively or defensively.
Best receiver is a junior, who was 2nd team All State last year as a soph. at Jim Ned H.S.
Should be a good game, Decatur only beat Graham by about 5 or 6 pts. last year.
Decatur has a good QB in Cobb, but what about his supporting cast? Both defenses will play physical. It could come down to the better defense next Friday in Decatur.

Leopards,class of 75
09-10-2005, 10:55 PM
I pick Decatur to win by 14-17 points.

GreenMonster
09-11-2005, 12:41 AM
I will go with Decatur by 2 TD's. Graham just isn't there yet.

gobblerfan02
09-11-2005, 01:12 AM
I'd say Gainsville with the nod by 10!

NateDawg39
09-11-2005, 01:15 AM
Uhhh am i on the right forum, i thought it was Decatur and Graham, not Gainesville

gobblerfan02
09-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Uhhh am i on the right forum, i thought it was Decatur and Graham, not Gainesville Sorry it's the coors light talkin'!....I'd still take Graham!

DHS_EagleFan
09-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Nate,
Thomas is ok (except for the cast on his left wrist from the Burk game) - His brother Joe is the one who sprained an ankle on Friday - this is Joe's first year on Varsity, and his first game he had a very bad case of pneumonia the week we played Burk.
Go Eagles!!

NateDawg39
09-12-2005, 12:08 AM
I also found out that Jared Spence who is a great defensive player, broke his ankle at G-ville. I hope some younger kids are ready to step up and make some big plays for a win this week.

injuredinmelee
09-12-2005, 07:21 AM
WOW Brad stepped into quite a schedule taking over at Graham. Ill take the Steers by a single point.

VWG
09-12-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
WOW Brad stepped into quite a schedule taking over at Graham. Ill take the Steers by a single point.

No doubt. McCoy inherited this stretch of a schedule....
4A NRH Birdville (school with about 1800 students and went two games deep in 4A playoffs last year)
Decatur
Abilene Wylie
Marlin

That's a tough 4 game stretch.... for anybody, much less a team getting into a new offensive system.

Bullaholic
09-12-2005, 10:23 AM
No more Steer Veer---hard to imagine Graham with a wide-open offense. Graham has always had a lot of talent to pull from, with big numbers in their athletic programs. If they use this talent efficiently with their new offense---they could hand the Eagles a loss. However, I think the Eagles have more than enough firepower with Cobb & Co. and a big "D" line to overcome the re-building Steers. I say Decatur by 7.

VWG
09-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
No more Steer Veer---hard to imagine Graham with a wide-open offense. Graham has always had a lot of talent to pull from, with big numbers in their athletic programs. If they use this talent efficiently with their new offense---they could hand the Eagles a loss. However, I think the Eagles have more than enough firepower with Cobb & Co. and a big "D" line to overcome the re-building Steers. I say Decatur by 7.

I agree. Decatur in a close game. Graham has terrific numbers in all their athletic programs.... and they're a "small" D-I school.
It's kinda sad though that they have some great athletes that only play one or two sports. I would bet that if you went to their off-season basketball program you could pull some good football players out of there.

gibby
09-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Not smok'n - Decatur nuff said.

NateDawg39
09-14-2005, 01:36 AM
I think its gonna be a blow out(sorta)
Decatur up 38-10 over Steers, :clap:

jmcgee
09-14-2005, 01:41 AM
42-7 Not Graham