PDA

View Full Version : 6a

turbostud
09-10-2005, 10:23 AM
I know there has been talk of this before but I had a guy at the game last night tell me that there was going to be 6a division next year and that 4 teams would make the playoffs. Did I miss something or is he full of it?

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2005, 10:27 AM
I think he might be full of it, but you never know with the UIL. I do know that 5a will have 4 playoff teams. If there is a 6a, I would think it would take a couple of years planning on the UIL's part. My $.02, anyway.

VWG
09-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Problem with 6A are teams outside of the Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and D/FW area. What district do you put Odessa Permian in? Travel time, etc.... They have over 3,000 kids out there in that school. Could qualify for a "6A" school, but you couldn't include Midland High, Odessa High, etc..... You would be talking about 300 miles one way for district games in some cases.

turbostud
09-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Problem with 6A are teams outside of the Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and D/FW area. What district do you put Odessa Permian in? Travel time, etc.... They have over 3,000 kids out there in that school. Could qualify for a "6A" school, but you couldn't include Midland High, Odessa High, etc..... You would be talking about 300 miles one way for district games in some cases.

Yeah I know, I think the Tyler schools would face the same problems.